essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

4.1

on 2/22/2014 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Essence Longlasting Lipstick comes in 10 highly pigmented shades, and best of all it is only AU$4.10! So cheap, and such a quality product.

While it does claim to be long-lasting, I would say it remains on the lips for about 4 hours until it loses intensity. Very reasonable for the price. The 10 colour varieties are very wearable shades. My favourites are '01 Coral Calling', '04 On the Catwalk', '06 Barley There!' and '07 Natural Beauty'. There is definitely something to suit all skin colours and style tastes.

The packaging is wonderful, a simple black tube with a line of colour that corresponds to the lipstick shade inside. Very classical packaging that does not look cheap. With this product being such an affordable price, you can easily build up a nice little collection of them without breaking the bank one bit. (PS. Look for Essence lip liner pencils too at only $1.70!)

Would I buy Essence Longlasting Lipsticks again? YES! I am so impressed with this product. Extremely affordable without skipping on quality. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

on 3/3/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like the previous user stated this is by no means a long lasting lipstick. It's actually quite a moisturizing formula. I own this in three shades: natural beauty (pink-mauve), wear berries (purple berry shade)and blush my lips (bright rapsberry).

I find the darker shade easier to use as a stain rather than as a lipstick (they will travel around the lips).

The wear berry shade is just gorgeous I wear it all the time on top of a lip pencil and then I bloth my lips on a piece of tissue. This way the shade last around 4 hours.

Blush my lips will leave a nice reddish pink stain behind

Natural beauty is a great bridal/work type of color.

Overall I would recommend those even though they aren't perfect. They feel great on the lips and they have a lot of very cool and modern shades

on 3/7/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't possibly give this product a better review. I love these lipsticks, hands down. Love 'em. I own 5 of the available shades. The naming of the shades is a bit questionable (see my review on the very brown Barely There) or Wear Berries is actually an orchid purple shade and not what i would call a berry shade at all, but this doesn't deter me from buying more.

It claims to be long wearing, heck that's the name of the product, but I certainly wouldn't call it a long wearing lipstick. It's average wearing and like any other average wearing lipstick, the lighter shades are quick to disappear and the darker shades can leave a bit of stain and pigmentation behind. It will require reapplication throughout the day, especially after meals. But at this price, I don't care that the name is a lie.

Price: cheap. Insanely cheap for a product that is so fantastic.

The shade range is fantastic. From a really soft natural pink (Natural Beauty) to a bright punchy red (Dare to Wear) to a mature deep red (On the Catwalk) they've got the color range spot on.

The texture is smooth and creamy. It applies full color with one to two swipes, no feathering or bleeding. It's just dry enough that it doesn't slip around as you wear it. It feels moisturizing on the lips, and once it's worn off, my lips still feel soft and moisturized. They should have named this the Moisture Wear lip color line or something, because while it doesn't last long, it seems to do good things for my lips.

The packaging is simple, clean, and very mature coming from a brand that generally markets itself to tweens.

They lipstick does have a slightly old fashioned lipsticky smell to it, if you know what I'm talking about. But it's not noticeable once you've applied it, so I'm ok with it. I'm insanely sensitive to scented lip products, and I'm not bothered. It has no taste at all, thank goodness, because I really can't stand flavored lip products at all.

They keep coming out with new shades in this range, I keep buying them. I wear these almost every day because at this price point, I can afford to use them up quickly and repurchase without worrying about spending too much. Repurchasing is really the highest compliment I can give a product, and I hope these stay in the line for a long time to come.

Beautiful range of colors, and the lipsticks are moisturizing and long-wearing. For only a couple of bucks, you can't go wrong!

on 3/20/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I have tried 3 shades of these and I have to say I'm impressed. very creamy, the pigmentation is perfect, they are semi matte and they last a gound amount of time on my lips. they also feel comfortable. and the price is the cherry on the cake

I have like a few of these. Shade 02, 03, 04, 06, 09, 10. I love the deep, intense shades like 04. I like to mix 04 with 02, or 02 with 03 etc. I use 10 (coral calling?) when I want a cheerful bright look. I'm asian, light to medium skintone. Full lips. These lipsticks are good, but taste weird though. 06 (barely there) is a pretty full colour to me though. Dunno why others call this the perfect lip colour for brides. Can't imagine me wearing this on my wedding day. Maybe it's my skin or lip colour.

on 7/24/2014 4:26:00 PM

While moseing around at Fred Meyer today I tried the darkest pink of these. In the picture that would be the fourth from the left. What a beauriful lipstick! The color is dark, dusty rose, which goes beautifully with my light, yellow-based skin. Pigmentation is excellent. The texture is a gorgeous creamy one that slides on your lips and makes them look fuller and smoother. Feels super comfortable and non drying. I don't care if I have to reapply. It feels so good going on. I don't detect any smell or taste.

This is so much better than a ton of H/E l/s that cost ten times more than this. I'm going to buy this baby right away.

I have this in 04 called On the Catwalk. This is a dark neutral berry shade. It can bleed into lines if used too heavily, so for older ladies such as myself, either use a clear lipliner as a barrier, fill in lips entirely with a colored liner to make the lipstick last longer, or use it as a sheer wash of color. The third way is how I use it. I tend to apply it lightly, allow to dry for a few seconds and then blot. This leaves me with berry colored lips that fade evenly over a few hours. I wouldn't call these long lasting, but at $4.10AU I don't care. After all, most makeup in Australia is expensive, with Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks selling for around $22 unless they are on sale.

I will definitely buy again. In fact I am finding this is my most used lipstick at present. It is dark enough and dramatic enough to look good with my dark coloring, but still muted enough for office wear. If I was going to use it at night, I would simply fill my lips in with colored liner for a dramatic opaque finish.

For the price these lipsticks are phenomenal. I have Wear Berries!, and On the Catwalk! Wear berries is a plummy berry shade and on the catwalk is a muted reddish color. I am NW20 currently and these are very wearable even to work. Theyre beautiful pigmented shades, flavorless and comfortable. They are not drying and no lipstick lasts on me except nyx soft matte lip cream so I wont comment on that.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I watched some rave reviews on YT regarding these new longlasting lipsticks from Essence. I decided to pick on up at Ulta. These go for $2.99 and when you experience this lipstick, you think to yourself "Wow, to think I spend over $30 on a single lipstick." These are good. These are 10x better than their original lipsticks. They are moisturizing yet they don't slip and slide all over your lips. This LASTS! Way better than BITE BEAUTY lipsticks, imo. I purchased the shade Barely There. Don't let the name fool you. This isn't a nude. It is a cool toned mauve pink with a tiny hint of brown. A great MLBB shade if you have pigmented lips. The line offers a variety of shades in both cool and warm tones from bright hot pink to classic red. I highly recommend these lipsticks.