Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by age: 44-55
Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

4.2

on 3/19/2018 9:42:00 PM

Love love love. I bought one on a whim and went back the next day and got all the shades. This stuff is well priced, feels great on, has good lasting power and is very pigmented. Another plus is that it is unscented.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Essence has some very under rated products and their long lasting lipsticks are hidden gems.
I bought 04 On The Catwalk which is rosy shade. This shade is cool toned and perfect for my NC30 complexion. I tend to look better in cool toned lipsticks despite having a warm complexion.

There is a fruity scent with these lipsticks but it's not overpowering and dissipates quickly.
I wouldn't call them long lasting though. The formula is creamy and well pigmented but after the first cup of coffee, it's time to re-apply.
It does leave behind a nice stain.

For $3.49 CAD, you can get the whole collection.

on 3/5/2016 6:33:00 PM

I have 01 Coral Calling. It's a medium pink coral with enough pigment to flatter my nc25 skin tone. It applies smoothly and covers well enough. It's slightly glossy, which I like as it's non-drying. However, it's not longlasting. Probably good for up to three hours. But it wears off nicely and is so easy to reapply that the lack of longevity doesn't bother me. Minimal scent.
Costs hardly anything, less than a sandwich.

on 12/29/2015 2:48:00 PM

Having read so many positive reviews, I decided to give this a try. And I am so glad I did. I never thought something so inexpensive could perform so well. Barely there (06) turned out to be my perfect nude. True, it is not spectacularly long lasting, but it is not fading too quickly either. And after several hours, when it starts to disappear, the colour loses its intensity, but the lipstick never bleeds. Because it is my nude lipstick, I somehow always end up applying it when in hurry, which means no liner and no primer. I guess it may well be very long lasting if applied on properly prepped lips. Additionally, although my lips are extremely sensitive and prone to drying, this does not dry them at all, even in very cold winter weather. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Colors are pretty and good for layering. But the quality is not really great.

on 4/3/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has quickly become one of my favorite lipsticks. I took a chance on the shades "Oh So Matt" and "Nude Love" I thought they'd be too light & possibly make me look dead but they are really nice nudes. I prefer Nude Love because it's creamier & somewhat sheer. On my pigmented lips, it's similar to Blankety by Mac. Oh So Matt is more of a satin finish, not overly drying. I also have "Barely There" which is a darker nude-reminds me of Mac's Twig. I layer Nude Love over it for a perfect mauve lip. Natural Beauty is a little too pink for my tastes. On the Catwalk is the perfect natural looking red on me. The packaging is sleek & sturdy. The caps are flat so they can be stored upside down. For $3 I'm totally in love!

on 10/12/2014 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

And this is why I will never buy a high end lipstick! These are such lovely lipsticks in all areas of consideration. Long lasting, beautiful colors, wonderful texture, non-offensive to the nose and taste buds. Simple but elegant and functional packaging.....oh yeah, and $2.99 per lipstick. There is nothing bad for me to say about this product.

on 10/10/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've bought some incredibly expensive lipsticks over the years, stupidly so, and I've not found any I prefer to these! Got a drawer full of Mac lippies that never see the light of day now. The colours are amazing, exactly the same on the lips as the bullet, packaging is classy, price ridiculous!

I have this in 04 called On the Catwalk. This is a dark neutral berry shade. It can bleed into lines if used too heavily, so for older ladies such as myself, either use a clear lipliner as a barrier, fill in lips entirely with a colored liner to make the lipstick last longer, or use it as a sheer wash of color. The third way is how I use it. I tend to apply it lightly, allow to dry for a few seconds and then blot. This leaves me with berry colored lips that fade evenly over a few hours. I wouldn't call these long lasting, but at $4.10AU I don't care. After all, most makeup in Australia is expensive, with Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks selling for around $22 unless they are on sale.

I will definitely buy again. In fact I am finding this is my most used lipstick at present. It is dark enough and dramatic enough to look good with my dark coloring, but still muted enough for office wear. If I was going to use it at night, I would simply fill my lips in with colored liner for a dramatic opaque finish.