Essence Longlasting Lipstick (All)

Filtered by age: 36-43
Essence Longlasting Lipstick (All)
Longlasting Lipstick (All)Longlasting Lipstick (All)

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, this collection of lipsticks is quite decent. I have tried most of them, loved a few, liked many, and destashed others.

All the lipsticks in this range are a cream finish without glitter. They are scented with an odd, non-descript type of smell that I could live without, but I deal. Packaging is good - black matte tubes with a colored band and bottom sticker. Lipsticks DO retract fully into their cases.

I find that the quality isn't as consistent as their Matt Matt Matt or Sheer and Shine lines (both mostly good). There are more mediocre shades in this range. My biggest complaint is that some shades are too greasy or settle into lip lines. Many shades do work well though.

Thankfully, there are some individual reviews for specific shades here on MUA, so you can look up specific colors to learn more. I have reviewed quite a few individually.

At this price, I do typically buy any new shades that might work for me ($3.49 CAD) and if it doesn't work out I'm not too disappointed. And the times it does work out - woohoo! Cheap lipstick!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had the shade 'Come Naturally' which I think was part of a recent special edition range Essence launched. It's an ok lipstick, but I found it leant too much towards the mauve end of the spectrum for me, which has a tendancy to make me look washed out and ill. Also I found this to be quite drying on the lips, so even though it didn't last long once applied, when it did wear off my lips felt very dry and like I needed to apply more lip balm. Based on my experience with this one, I wouldn't rush out to purchase any other shades from this range.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YES! I only bought this so I could qualify for free shipping with my Ulta purchase. I was really not expecting anything from it, but I'm blown away.
It feels like a lip balm/chapstick. It kind of stinks but I only notice it while applying. It is labeled as long lasting but it lasts as long as any other lipstick on me and I'm totally OK with that, especially considering it's only $3! It has decent pigment and is not patchy.

I bought the shade Nude Love 11. It is a true nude pink. The color shows up on my lips like I mixed MAC Blankety and MAC Creme Cup together. Now this shade will be too light for most people, but all you have to do is blend a darker lip liner with it if need be.

UPDATE 10/5/15: NOOO! My lips are allergic to something in this. At first my lips were dehydrated like I ate a bag of salty potato chips. Then they got sore and peely over the next few days. I wanted to love this so badly :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart in Toronto - I was looking for a dupe for MAC's Up the Amp, which is my signature shade. I found Essence "Wear Berries" lipstick and it's just gorgeous. Not a 100 percent dupe for my MAC but gorgeous all the same and wearable for all occasions - work, gym, night out - you name it. Plus it was on sale at $2.50 Cdn or some ridiculous price like that - I bought all five that were available in the store. I have never purchased Essence before but for this price, this quality - well, hello HG makeup line!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

So far I've "Barely There" & "Oh So Matt!". I've light-med brown skin depending on the time of yr. At 1st I was a bit apprehensive about "Oh So Matt" looking like foundation-lips, however it actually looks fine on its own. I do however use it over my Bobbi Brown no. 4, MAC Taupe or sometimes I mix the Barely There & Oh So Matt together & get a lovely color result. At 1st the Oh So Matt made my lips peel like crazy if I wore it alone... After about a wk or so & especially as a little top coat to others that stopped. As for the Barely There, I find that moisturizing. It's such a lovely almost nude yet very slight purple (my lips naturally almost have a purple undertone). Reminds me of the way my Revlon "Mauvy Night" looks but not as dark or pronounced a purple. They're also opaque & not patchy. Barely There is creamy too. I'm shocked that such a decent quality product is only $3.40 CAD on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. They don't really last more then 3 hours, but almost pleasant enough & quick to re-apply anyways. I really like that I can mix them both with other lip products I have as well. I now want to try more in the series & hope they do NOT discontinue anytime soon! I was not really fond of their other line (the ones where the color of the tube was the color you'd get) but this line I adore :)

on 11/3/2014 4:36:00 AM

Lurrrve this! 07 is my go-to shade. I have a bunch of them everywhere - bags, bathroom, heaps of them. Stays on really well. Excellent price.

on 10/23/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in Wear Berries and wow, what a gorgeous lipstick! Not a true matte but more of a satin. These are beautiful lipsticks that come in such pretty colors and smell nice. they last a decent time and are just great products.

That being said? the price is unreal. Seriously, $2 bucks??? Wow, grab them!

Wear Berries is a great Fall berry color that sits on the mid range for deepness. I love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought about 4 of these lipsticks and have to say for the price, they're freaking awesome! I love it when they restock the essense section as it goes fast! I've tried the lipsticks and nail polish so far and really impressed with the quality and price.