Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by age: 30-35
Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

3.9

The shades are lovely but in my experience it really does not last all day as it claims to. It’s cheap and cheerful, perfect for ladies who don’t mind reapplying often.

on 3/19/2018 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

amazeballs!!! Pigmented long lasting as any high end lipstick when they were off they leave a nice stain on the lips which still remains comfortable they are not drying my lips remains soft and the rage of colors are wide .Essence knock this one out of the park did i mention that the price is GREAT!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I now have this formula in two shades, Natural Beauty and Love Me. I love them both and want more. They are comfortable, moisturizing and last much longer than other lip products I've used. (Note: long lasting lip formulas aren't something I normally seek out. I'm more concerned about feel.)

on 1/21/2017 9:22:00 AM

nice formula, not drying like long lasting lipsticks usually. Nice color range, very good quality

on 12/28/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have in 06 long lasting

sheer, comfortable, fair color payoff, inoffensive scent, not exactly moisturizing but not drying

don't love the shade but would buy other colors

less than 3 CAD. So affordable!

on 12/27/2015 5:27:00 PM

I got the "on the catwalk!" shade and it's gorgeous for everyday wear. It's lasting as long as the Revlon or l'Oreal ones, doesn't dry up or smudge, and it looks great (not too matte not too shiny) I got several of them since they were only 1,79$ instead of the usual 3$. Essence makes better lipstick than NYC colors, Wet n' Wild and all the other "cheap" lipstick. I like it very much! The only - is the packaging: when you apply the lipstick, the tube keeps rolling down and it doesn't "lock". I guess this is where they don't spend money: the tube itself. But with a lip brush you should be fine ;)

on 8/28/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, yes and yes. I had been eyeing these for a while, as maybe an add on item to be able to get to $10 at Ulta to use the coupon lol. I especially liked Coral Calling and later Love Me. Our store has testers and I also think Natural Beauty is gorgeous but I already have a similar shade.

Kind of side story; I really loved the old L'oreal Colour Riche balm/lipsticks, (not the ones that said "balm", the shiny gold squares) but they were discontinued. I liked how light they were and you could just keep it in your purse if you needed something to make you look more awake and bright. My shade (Sunset Angora) was perfect for that and unique and pretty with a nice shine. So I kind of wanted to replace that, but I have so many corals. I also only have two light pinks that are matte and sometimes I just don't want the matte look or feel.

So I picked up 'Love Me' to be like what my Loreal was. Maybe not in color, but in formula. It's light, pretty, non waxy and flattering. It's not at all patchy like some similar brands can be. I feel like a lot of pinks aren't pretty (on me at least) and I hadn't really been tempted by one till this shade. I wanted something not super heavy but I still feel like this lasts decently, considering. It's also so affordable. Pinky with a hint of coral.

My only gripe is the bullet sometimes slides down while applying. That's annoying but at least it feels secure in there.

I also don't notice the smell. Well, I do, but it smells like lipstick. Nothing crazy like (regular) Loreal or Milani.

Update: Yes, I do notice the smell now. It does smell waxy and like an "unscented" lipstick smell. And it's slightly waxy to me and a little patchy but overall a decent lipstick.

on 4/25/2015 1:05:00 AM

I have initially done a review for this raving the lipstick but i decide to delete off all that review and retype a new one here again because i seriously dislike it now. I don't know what happen but now i know why after reading the bad review, i thought there are still quality in lower end cosmetic product but obviously this is not!

This lipstick dries my lip out like no other even when i put on my lip balm first and then apply the lipstick and it cause peeling and flaking the very next day and i need to use alot of lip balm to finally recover my lip to good condition. No more Essence lipstick for me. I've used better quality at a slightly expensive price tag and would rather pay more than end up having drying and peeling lip all around. What is the ingredient that causes this? Even when NYX lipstick was just 0.99 back then when i use them, it doesn't even do this to my lip. Essence, it's time to improve your lipstick formulation!

on 4/8/2015 3:10:00 PM

I just adore these lipstick! They are my favorite ones above all lipsticks that I have (and I have some very expensive too :)

They are long lasting but no drying at all. They are moisturizing on the lips. Price is very aforadable for everyone.

I have a couple shades. Matte are: 14 Adorable matt! (raspberry red), 18 Matt wanted! (wine red)-These are matte but very comfortable on the lips.

Also I have: 02 All you need is red (great bright neutral red), 03 Dare to wear (medium cool red). This lipsticks you can bild up on the lips and they are so mousturizing.

My favorite shade is 04 On the catwalk which is perfect MLBB (reddish berry with brownish undertone). I just adore this shade and wear it almost every day!

on 3/23/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time getting into the lipstick after picking it up at Ulta for a whopping $0.97. Yep. You read that right. UNDER ONE FRIGGIN' DOLLAR. How could I pass that up?
I'd heard Amelia Liana talk about Essence lipsticks before as being one of her HG drugstore products, and I'm easily sold to by these dang beauty vloggers so naturally I had to check this one out!
I purchased 07 - Natural Beauty, which is a pretty MLBB shade. When I swatched it in the car, I noticed that it was rather slick and slightly sheer, which I wasn't expecting. I put it on without a liner and just wasn't thrilled. So I threw it in my makeup drawer when I got home and forgot about it, only digging it out once in a while to swatch it again and draw the same conclusion.
But today, I decided to give it another whirl, pairing it with Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Eastend Snob (a supposed near-dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat). And so far, it's holding up well, and looks rather pretty! It does tend to settle into lip lines, but it doesn't feather, and despite it's slightly more luminous finish, does seem rather long lasting.
I do love the color. I've been focusing on "clean" beauty lately (more natural looks, dewy skin, etc.) and this fits in perfectly with that, since the finish has a natural sort of look (hence the name).
So far, it doesn't feel drying on my lips. It's slightly hydrating, but not enough to replace a balm on dry days.
The packaging is sturdy and classy. I love that the inside of the tube and ring below the cap match the lipstick shade, with the rest of the tube left as a matte black. Nice and chic. The Essence logo is embossed on the bullet, which I always feel adds a neat, classy flair to a product.
For a couple bucks, you can't go wrong, and really, if you catch Ulta on a good day and find these for under a buck, you might as well stock up. They're not the perfect lipstick by any means, but they are affordable, pretty, and good quality.

EDIT: I take it back. By the afternoon, this lipstick drained nearly all the moisture out of my lips and left them scaly and flaking, and it seemed to morph into that hideous white scuzz on the inside of my bottom lip. I wanted to love this. Really. But no.