Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by age: 25-29
Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

4.3

on 9/16/2017 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love it! I'm not really a lipstick person, but this in Barely There is something I wear on a daily basis. It is longlasting, fades evenly and nicely, super cheap. Don't like the smell but it isn't strong and dissipates one applied. I pray Essence doesn't discontinue this line.

I got this in shades All you need is red, Dare to wear, Love me, Barely there!, Natural beauty and Cool Nude. I absolutely love it! My lips are not for matte colors cause they are getting dry when I apply that kind of lipstick and this is my go to lipstick for every day. It does not dry my lips, it doesn't have glitter and it makes my lips look soft and creamy! It last for like 3-4 hours without lip pencil, but with it, it can last up to 7-8 hours, even when I drink something. Absolutely my favorite.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I got this in the shade "love me" after seeing people say that it is a dupe for MAC "please me" .
Color: A nice pretty shade of pink that brightens up my pale complexion
Formula: The bullet feels pretty hard and stiff. If your lips are prone to drying/ you are paranoid about dry lips, make sure to wear lip balm before applying.
Scent: Synthetic, chemical, waxy. Major turn off for me.
Price: Dirt cheap.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one nice lipstick. I have it in the shade 'Love Me'. It looks beautiful. It is creamy and moisturizing, leaving the lips soft. It is pigmented enough and it lasts on the lips for quite many hours if you don't eat/drink. It could smell nicer, it smells like old lipstick. Apart from that, it is a good lipstick that I use pretty frequently.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought the shade "Barely There!" and i love it! the color is SOOO pretty against my super pale skin, kind of like my-lips-but-better color. it feels nice, creamy & smooth. i just wish it was matte!

on 11/9/2015 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 07 - Natural Beauty.

- The colour is what I would describe as a muted berry pink. I have light skin (NC15) and light lips and I find it looks a little garish on me. It's not too bright, and cool toned, but I myself prefer a more natural look. If you have more pigmented lips, or have a darker skin tone, this might be a perfect every day lip colour!

- Price is incredible, particularly considering how good the quality is

- Texture is excellent. Satiny finish. Creamy enough not to settle to dry skin or lines, but doesn't bleed. Not very long lasting.

-NO SHIMMER! This is a godsend for me. I have thinner lips and find that shimmer "shrinks" them and washes me out.

- Very subtle smell. I opened this up expected that gross lipstick smell - akin to Maybelline. Imagine my delight when there's only a light bubblegum-berry smell! Its lovely and doesn't make me feel sick like other scents.

on 9/28/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just got introduced to this line and so far I like them! This review is for "Oh so Mat" colour, which is a neutral beige. It is a barely-there colour, I prefer to wear it over a lipliner (same with every lipstick for me). I love that it's an affordable makeup brand that's made in Europe, not Taiwan or China - major selling point for me as I do not buy makeup from Asia. I took one star off because it has a very perfumey taste, not sure about other colours but this one has a very strong taste if you are drinking or lick your lips.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These just might be the best lipstick found at the drugstore price. Pigmented, creamy, and moisturizing! They have a nice range of flattering shades and although the packaging is light, the lid clicks on which leads no risk of coming open in my purse. A lot of cheap lippies have faulty packaging that makes them a dealbreaker but that is not the case with these. Pick one up at Ulta (under $3) and you won't be disappointed!

on 6/3/2015 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own three shades of the Longlasting Lipsticks: Barely There and Natural Beauty (both nude-ish pinks) and Wear Berries (a mid-toned pinkish berry). I am amazed that Essence can manufacture, import, and sell decent-quality lipsticks for under $3 a pop. Plus they often have several shades on sale or clearance for 50% off.

While all the shades I own are very pretty and easy to apply/wear, they really aren't super long-lasting on me. I'd say they stick around for 2-3 hours, which is pretty average for a drugstore lipstick. I also expected them to be completely matte and very opaque (more like the Wet n' Wild Megalast lipsticks) but these have some amount of sheerness to them, and more of a satin finish. So you will probably have to apply more than one swipe, and reapply a couple of times throughout the day.

Overall, I think these are pretty impressive. They come a wide range of gorgeous shades, and I love being able to throw one or two of these in my purse without having to worry about being out $20+ if I lose one. My only major complaint is that I really don't like the way they smell. All the ones I've tried have a slightly "off" smell, like the scent a lipstick gets after it's been sitting in a drawer for a couple of years. It's not overpowering, though, and I think it could easily be masked if Essence added a bit of vanilla or peppermint fragrance to these lippies... but again, for $3, I really can't complain too much. :)

I've got this lipstick in 5 colors. Barely There and Natural Beauty (my favs), Nude Love, Dare to Wear, and On The Catwalk. Overall, these are great lipsticks that are very moisturizing, creamy, extremely pigmented, true-to-color, non-smelly (has absolutely no smell. A+!), and wallet friendly ($2.99!). I can't find anything wrong with theses little beauties. When you find a product that performs like this for the price it is, you hoard it before everyone realizes how great it is! I am a huge fan of this product by Essence, and I look forward to exploring other products in their line. Very nicely done, Essence. :)

UPDATE: I ordered 4 from Ulta.com which is the only place aside from eBay (asking @ $9+!) I could find them. I managed to snag 4 online at Ulta before they are almost completely sold out. They are going fast, so if you aren't near an Ulta like me, and you want a color or 2, I suggest you hurry! Let's hope they restock!