Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.9

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 10/14/2017 10:03:00 PM

Pricey but worth it.

I have very long very straight fine hair and lots of it. It is oily at the scalp and dry towards the ends, and I live in the upper midwest where it can get very very humid. This combined with the conditioner and the over night conditioner 1x a week has given my hair the dream texture I've been wanting for years. I usually blow dry it 3/4 of the way the put it in a low very loose bun to dry the rest of the way with some salt spray. I end up with a perfect amount of wave, not greasy, volumized look (like Blake Lively)

Usually if I use my 3 min miracle / aussie volumizing combo I end up with volume and a slight wave but no texture and it's gone within an hour once I let it out of the bun.

on 7/4/2017 8:35:00 AM

My hair is long and slightly wavy. As I have gotten older, it has been afflicted by frizz, especially in the summer. I have put off trying Living Proof for years, mostly because of the smell. It's strong, it's not natural, and by no means does it dissipate quickly. But they make travel sizes now, and the frizz was really getting to me, so I gave it a go.

I got some rather stunning results with the shampoo, conditioner, and in-shower styling product. Smoothness, shine, and body like I hadn't seen in awhile. But no, I can't stand smelling like that! I had to pull my hair back, and even then I was in a bothersome cloud of harsh, synthetic fragrance.

I ditched the in-shower styling product the next time I shampooed. I found just the shampoo and conditioner to be less offensive, and the results almost as good. But I can't love it. The scent is the deal breaker. I'll probably save it for occasions when I simply have to look polished.

on 12/11/2016 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim at Ulta....what a waste of my money. After one usage my scalp started to itch...I thought it was just the dry air. After my second usage, my scalp itched continuously and I developed some serious flakes that took over two weeks to settle back down.

I put this back on the shelf and decided to try it again at a later date - and the itching and flakes came back. My husband tried it as as shampoo since he didn't want to waste the product and even he complained after a few days that his scalp itched like crazy.

Save your money....buy something else.

on 6/27/2016 10:18:00 AM

LP Perfect Hair no frizz shampoo does exactly what it says it's going to do, even with fine hair like mine. My hair is color treated which sometimes can frizz the ends depending on the weather. This shampoo and conditioner set helps prevent that from happening. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo really does give you a perfect hair day! I have very fine, wavy hair that is prone to frizz and flyaways. I always let my hair air dry, and when I use this product, I'm left with healthy looking hair! It gives me volume without frizz and a deep shine. Everything I could ask for in a shampoo, especially for the hefty price tag. The bottle says, keeps hair looking cleaner longer. I can't say if that is true because I still need to wash my hair daily with my extremely oily scalp.

on 5/20/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair loves this stuff! It has the perfect amount of hydration without leaving my hair weighed down. It softens, smooths and eliminates frizz completely. I tried the LP Restore s/c but it was far too heavy. I guess my hair isn't dry or damaged enough for the Restore formula. I also tried LP No Frizz s/c but it left my hair dry. My hair is medium textured, color treated, dry, wavy and prone to frizz. Perfect Hair Day is the perfect fit. It leaves my hair supple, manageable, shiny and frizz free. It also keeps my hair clean longer. I was washing my hair every other day but with LP I can go four days without shampooing. This means that my hair color stays fresh and bright. LP is sulfate and silicone free and the LP founders invented a new molecule that's in all their shampoos and conditioners. Whatever it is, it's definitely working for me. My hair has never looked so good. It only takes a dollop about the size of a quarter for my below shoulder length hair, which means the bottle will last quite a while. When I look in my hall closet, where the hair product FAILS go to die, I don't feel guilty about spending money for something that absolutely works. This is the first time a hair product brand has lived up to its claims. I have a good hair day nearly every day these days. My hair actually looks like the picture I took to my stylist when I last got my hair cut! Amazeballs! I definitely recommend this shampoo (and the PHD conditioner too).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very average shampoo. Warning, don't get it in your eyes, it's the only shampoo i've ever used that irritates my eyes. Even using this shampoo with the PHD conditioner isn't much better. I find it really hard getting a wide-tooth comb through my wet, long hair which i never have problems with. I use a good amount of conditioner as well. Other products I use are Joico, Aveda, Kerastase. This product seems to be drying and although once my hair is blow-dried feels good, it always feels good after a wash! I will not purchase again, especially at the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It is the best shampoo I have ever used..ever. I use the PHD line plus the texture mist. A little about my hair: I have fine hair, but a lot of hair. I also have the kind of hair you hate washing because it looses texture, shape and life after you wash it. My hair is in generally good condition; only gets a little dry when I heat style too often. I am currently growing out my pixie so length is all over. My hair is currently not colored. My hair gets greasy around day 3; I use a dry shampoo and cond. to extend into 5 days. without washing. On to the shampoo...

I have been using this shampoo for about 3 months now. I am going to start off with the smell; I LOVE it. Even if this shampoo sucked I would buy it for the smell. It smells similar to Prada Amber IMO, and I wear that scent often so it makes a perfet layer effect. The product is a pearl colored shampoo that works into a good foamy lather. The lather feels plush in a way when I work it in. When I rinse my hair feels clean but not dry. When my hair dries (after using PHD cond. and 5-1 styling treatment) my hair is bouncy, shiny and feels smooth. I don't find this giving me tons of volume; but enough to make me not cringe washing my hair because I'll loose all the texture I need to make my pixie look good. As for the claims of "hair feels cleaner longer" I can agree with this statment. I can now stretch 4 days without washing or needing dry shampoo, before using PHD it was 2-3.

The product comes in a sleek grey and white bottle. I love the packing. Its modern and clean, just like the product itself. Also big whoo-hoo on being sulfate free. I paid $24 for 8 ox. I don't feel like I paid too much for the amount of product; You don't need much product to get your hair cleanand the results and smell are worth it in opinion. Have repurchsed and will continue to.

Popular Shampoos