Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.0

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 11/15/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I received both the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner in a trial size from ULTA, and I'm glad I didn't pay much for that because these are not worth the hype (no hair product will ever make me look like Jen Aniston, but I digress). The shampoo lathered fine, and rinsed well. My main gripe is with the conditioner: it made me fine, thin, color treated hair a tangly dry mess! I have no problem detangling my hair post-shower, but this made my hair feel so dry and straw like when it was wet. The only redeeming factor is the clean, citrus-y smell. I was so unimpressed with these I doubt I will finish the rest of the product. I've had my hair feel 10x with drugstore hair care.

on 10/24/2017 12:41:00 PM

Got the PhD trial set to try out as Living Proof gets rave reviews. This shampoo, though. It has got nothing in common with perfect hair. It smells nice, has a clean, maybe citrusy smell, but it's not like super good. Lathers nicely and rinses easily, but it's not good at its main function - getting hair clean. Using it together with other PhD products made my hair ridiculously gross to touch and weighted down after about a week, so much that I had to use a clarifying shampoo. I also tried it with different conditioner and it behaves the same way. I dunno how the healthy hair molecule is supposed to work, I don't know anyone IRL who uses LP, but it didn't seem to perform the magic on my hair. This shampoo also made my scalp itchy within the test week, so there's that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair: oily at scalp, dry and coarse at the ends, colour treated, wavy, extremely frizzy.
After each wash I style my hair straight with round brush and dryer.

I was on my quest to find a decent hair line, which would help me keep my hair in "normal" condition. Generally I rarely had bought any hair product twice. It was always something not ok... To drying, to rich, made my hair dull, frizzy, make their condition or appearance worse, etc...
I saw the commercial in magazine and bought the whole line (shampoo, conditioner and styling treatment).
Let me just say, that this line is in use exclusively now (for 2 years).
Nothing before had made my hair look and feel so good. My scalp loves it to.
My hair now: shiny, silky, straight. No flyaways, no frizz, no split ends.
I can go longer between washes, twice a week is enough. I have also noticed, the much less of my hair falls out during washes and my scalp is in very good condition.
If I switch to different shampoo (if it runs out and I forget to get a new bottle) I see the difference right away. Even if I keep the rest of the PhD stuff in the routine.

Cons: I have noticed, that after prolonged use it can build up and make hair dull. My solution: always wash hair twice, first - using klorane and then PhD shampoo. The procedure keeps the pros and gets rid off the cons :)

In my opinion, living proof is a good line, but not if prolonged use. The miracle particles starts to build up upon hair strand and make it look like damaged straw. Moreover the hair start to be gunky and sticky is some way, thus while browdrying or brushing you put more tension than usual which could also be damaging. What I noticed is that to avoid that you need to use really tiny amount of conditiones and styling products, so the next time your hair is being shampooed, all of the residue is gone.
Otherwise you will get build up soon.

I got a sample of this, but can't fully review the product because the smell is so overwhelmingly perfumey that I refuse to put it on my head. If you have a sensitive nose or get headaches when navigating through perfume counters, you'll want a restraining order against this shampoo (as well as its conditioner counterpart).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the starter pack that came with the PHD shampoo, conditioner, and 5 in 1 styling cream. I love all of the products. I have a dry scalp, long hair, generally not very greasy but would wash my hair 3 to 4 times a week because of product build up. With LP I only have to wash my hair 2x a week. my hair stays clean longer and when I use dry shampoo in between it is more effective. It is very expensive, but I don't use a lot because I don't have to shampoo as much. The starter pack easily lasted 2 months and I still have the styling cream. I thought my love for LP was all in my head so I went back to cheaper stuff and regretted it a week later. My only con is that the packaging sucks, it is hard to squeeze the bottles. Next time I will get the big sizes with pumps but it will cost $120 which is unsettling. However, these keeps my hair just like Jennifer Annistons, lung, smooth and straight with minimal effort.

on 1/13/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Heard great reviews on this shampoo, so I purchased the deluxe sample size for $10 at Ulta. I am glad that they offer this smaller trial size because after testing it out for a month -- I won't purchase the full size. I have fine hair and this shampoo didn't do anything miraculous. It felt like any other normal shampoo. Nothing special here.

I love this shampoo. I use the whole Perfect Hair Day line - and the shampoo is amazing. I have used this on virgin hair and on highlights and my hair is protected and soft, without any build up. This shampoo does well to get out build up and dry shampoo from 5-day-dirty hair without having to wash twice! I do use about two quarters' worth when washing, though, because as I said, I go about 5 days.

I have used this shampoo on day 2 or 3 before, or after a workout when I have far less product and dry shampoo build up in my hair and seriously, a dime size will do it!

My hair is midback length and thick, too.

Love the smell, love the packaging. Pretty bottles. ;)

on 6/9/2014 3:18:00 PM

I received samples of the PHD shampoo, conditioner and 5 in 1 styler. The first time I tried them, my hair looked fairly nice but not significantly better than it normally would. By the third use my hair was coated and "hard" feeling, unresponsive to any styling attempt, and my scalp itched like crazy AND IT WAS FRIZZY!!! When I added the Flex hairspray, it actually caused my hair to break if I attempted to put a comb through it. This is definitely one of those product lines that you purchase at a store that will give you a refund.