Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.3

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 10/24/2017 12:41:00 PM

Got the PhD trial set to try out as Living Proof gets rave reviews. This shampoo, though. It has got nothing in common with perfect hair. It smells nice, has a clean, maybe citrusy smell, but it's not like super good. Lathers nicely and rinses easily, but it's not good at its main function - getting hair clean. Using it together with other PhD products made my hair ridiculously gross to touch and weighted down after about a week, so much that I had to use a clarifying shampoo. I also tried it with different conditioner and it behaves the same way. I dunno how the healthy hair molecule is supposed to work, I don't know anyone IRL who uses LP, but it didn't seem to perform the magic on my hair. This shampoo also made my scalp itchy within the test week, so there's that.

on 10/14/2017 10:03:00 PM

Pricey but worth it.

I have very long very straight fine hair and lots of it. It is oily at the scalp and dry towards the ends, and I live in the upper midwest where it can get very very humid. This combined with the conditioner and the over night conditioner 1x a week has given my hair the dream texture I've been wanting for years. I usually blow dry it 3/4 of the way the put it in a low very loose bun to dry the rest of the way with some salt spray. I end up with a perfect amount of wave, not greasy, volumized look (like Blake Lively)

Usually if I use my 3 min miracle / aussie volumizing combo I end up with volume and a slight wave but no texture and it's gone within an hour once I let it out of the bun.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

REFERENCE: My hair is like Jennifer Aniston's in appearance: long, straight, fine, and blonde; and, very full--I have a lot. Don't know about Jennifer's, but my hair is normal to oily.

This shampoo is the best thing that's happened to me this week! This is one of only two shampoos that I've found that doesn't irritate my skin. But, it's the ONLY SHAMPOO that thoroughly washes my hair without stripping it. As such, oil is kept at bay after washing with this. Love the fresh, herbal scent too.

Only thing I hate: the price! At $25 for one cup (8 oz.) of shampoo, I can't afford a perfect hair day everyday...

on 12/11/2016 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim at Ulta....what a waste of my money. After one usage my scalp started to itch...I thought it was just the dry air. After my second usage, my scalp itched continuously and I developed some serious flakes that took over two weeks to settle back down.

I put this back on the shelf and decided to try it again at a later date - and the itching and flakes came back. My husband tried it as as shampoo since he didn't want to waste the product and even he complained after a few days that his scalp itched like crazy.

Save your money....buy something else.

on 8/9/2016 12:11:00 AM

I dread using this stuff, which has been sitting in my shower for the better part of a month while I gingerly dab on the crappy Suave that my boyfriend slathers gleefully on his gorgeous gray mop. Not because the product isn't awesome, because it is. It's the bottles that make me crazy. I picked it up on the recommendation of an expensively coiffed Saks saleswoman (despite the fact that her ridiculous dye job was a color not found in nature. Her hair smelled great, and that dark-rooted, straw-colored disaster on her head felt like silk, all appearances to the contrary.) I admit it was expensive, but I was already there to buy a $250 Mason Pearson hairbrush, so BRING ON THE IMPULSE BUYS. And I was hypnotized by those sexy little gray bottles, which just beg to be held. So using it seemed simple: I squeeze out a small amount (and it doesn't take much), massage it in, and I can feel its silky power embracing me. UNTIL THE BOTTLE IS HALF EMPTY, at which time the semen-colored liquid (and the conditioner, which is slightly more viscous than the shampoo and a tad more opaque but still makes me think of...well, duh) becomes impossible to extract from its gray matte prison. I'm not kidding. It doesn't just flow out, and no amount of squeezing seems to matter. Because of the bottle's design, you can't even rip off the lid and just dump it into your hand. Tonight I stood in the shower in a modified Warrior II, bracing my left leg against the side of the tub so I wouldn't slip, and mashed the bottle into the wall with every ounce of strength in my hand, trying to force conditioner out of the wee hole at the tip. Bupkis. So I grabbed the ginormous bottle of Sun Ripened Strawberry pink goop and dumped about half the contents onto my jaggedy ends. Accessibility trumped quality tonight, even if my hair smells like a fruit stand in the middle of a chemical factory and my man is wondering why the hell his conditioner is disappearing so rapidly. I love the product, I really do--but I'm done buying it out of this poorly designed bottle. I'm going to saw off the top before my next shower so that I can use what's left. But the combination of my Mason Pearson brush and the shampoo/conditioner combo leave my hair looking better than it's ever looked. So there has to be a solution here. The 28 oz. pump bottle version is sort of stupid expensive, but barring any design flaws, at least I won't have to risk an aneurysm every time I try to use it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the starter pack that came with the PHD shampoo, conditioner, and 5 in 1 styling cream. I love all of the products. I have a dry scalp, long hair, generally not very greasy but would wash my hair 3 to 4 times a week because of product build up. With LP I only have to wash my hair 2x a week. my hair stays clean longer and when I use dry shampoo in between it is more effective. It is very expensive, but I don't use a lot because I don't have to shampoo as much. The starter pack easily lasted 2 months and I still have the styling cream. I thought my love for LP was all in my head so I went back to cheaper stuff and regretted it a week later. My only con is that the packaging sucks, it is hard to squeeze the bottles. Next time I will get the big sizes with pumps but it will cost $120 which is unsettling. However, these keeps my hair just like Jennifer Annistons, lung, smooth and straight with minimal effort.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a new shampoo that was more high end and this one had good rating and I gave it a try.

I didnt really like it. The shampoo was mediocre. It didnt really keep my hair cleaner longer. My dove shampoo and conditioner does a better job. My hair didnt really feel soft and looked like it lost some shine. I didnt like the smell of it, it was pleasing the least bit. The bottle was very hard to squeeze I would drop it in the shower because I would lose my grip after squeezing it too hard. Once it got down to 1/4 of it, I threw it out. I wanted to like it but I just couldn't.

You heard it from Jackie Rudetski

on 1/13/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Heard great reviews on this shampoo, so I purchased the deluxe sample size for $10 at Ulta. I am glad that they offer this smaller trial size because after testing it out for a month -- I won't purchase the full size. I have fine hair and this shampoo didn't do anything miraculous. It felt like any other normal shampoo. Nothing special here.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It is the best shampoo I have ever used..ever. I use the PHD line plus the texture mist. A little about my hair: I have fine hair, but a lot of hair. I also have the kind of hair you hate washing because it looses texture, shape and life after you wash it. My hair is in generally good condition; only gets a little dry when I heat style too often. I am currently growing out my pixie so length is all over. My hair is currently not colored. My hair gets greasy around day 3; I use a dry shampoo and cond. to extend into 5 days. without washing. On to the shampoo...

I have been using this shampoo for about 3 months now. I am going to start off with the smell; I LOVE it. Even if this shampoo sucked I would buy it for the smell. It smells similar to Prada Amber IMO, and I wear that scent often so it makes a perfet layer effect. The product is a pearl colored shampoo that works into a good foamy lather. The lather feels plush in a way when I work it in. When I rinse my hair feels clean but not dry. When my hair dries (after using PHD cond. and 5-1 styling treatment) my hair is bouncy, shiny and feels smooth. I don't find this giving me tons of volume; but enough to make me not cringe washing my hair because I'll loose all the texture I need to make my pixie look good. As for the claims of "hair feels cleaner longer" I can agree with this statment. I can now stretch 4 days without washing or needing dry shampoo, before using PHD it was 2-3.

The product comes in a sleek grey and white bottle. I love the packing. Its modern and clean, just like the product itself. Also big whoo-hoo on being sulfate free. I paid $24 for 8 ox. I don't feel like I paid too much for the amount of product; You don't need much product to get your hair cleanand the results and smell are worth it in opinion. Have repurchsed and will continue to.