Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

3.4

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 11/15/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I received both the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner in a trial size from ULTA, and I'm glad I didn't pay much for that because these are not worth the hype (no hair product will ever make me look like Jen Aniston, but I digress). The shampoo lathered fine, and rinsed well. My main gripe is with the conditioner: it made me fine, thin, color treated hair a tangly dry mess! I have no problem detangling my hair post-shower, but this made my hair feel so dry and straw like when it was wet. The only redeeming factor is the clean, citrus-y smell. I was so unimpressed with these I doubt I will finish the rest of the product. I've had my hair feel 10x with drugstore hair care.

I'm crazy about Living Proof! The PhD molecule I really do think there is science behind that. It has kept my hair soft & can stretch between shampoos a day or 2 minimum longer. I washed my hair with it for example on Friday, & I haven't needed to think about washing it (today is the following Monday). It is so blasted expensive thou so I may switch back, I have a bottle of Redken AllSoft S/C in my stash so I may buy LP after using that but the reason I would not buy is purely monetarily it's my fave S/C is deffo LP but it makes me feel guilty for spending that kind of $$$!! I believe if there's a will there's a way somehow I will get LP. I wish they sold LP at Kroger like Its A 10 & Redken! Sorry blah it sux having champagne taste on a lemonade budget! Water budget haha VO5 ;-) I'm going to keep up w using salon products of some kind! LP tames my hair keeps frizz down the best of what I've tried it truly is the best ive tried for my natural U wavy hair & is sulfate/oil free so very gentle! $25 for 8oz eek!

I have hair that has a little wave but manages to get both really frizzy and really oily. This shampoo and conditioner did absolutely NOTHING for me- even my usual shampoo that contains sulfates works better. It felt ok in the shower, but when I blow dried it my hair ended up looking like hay. It was so dry. The next day when I went to the salon my hairdresser asked me what the hell I had done to damage my hair so much in a day. This is especially disappointing because of the price tag. It smells heavenly, and I wouldn't mind buying it again if it actually did good, but for it to do this to my hair, the price is ridiculous. I'm even contemplating throwing away the $50 worth of product because I just can't stand what it does to my hair. It's a shame, because I really wanted to like it.

on 4/28/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product, but I didn't. It is over priced, especially for the amount that I had to use to get a good clean and lather. I know this shampoo is free of sulfates (making it hard to lather) but the amount of product I needed to use was crazy. I also didn't care for the smell and it didn't do much for my hair. I will not be repurchasing

on 2/21/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Week 1 review.

I fell in love with the perfect hair day 5 in 1, so I bit the bullet and bought the shampoo and conditioner. I have to say, so far, that I love them too.

I've had so many compliments on my hair in the last few days (never happens) including being asked if i'd just had my hair cut and coloured (it's been about a month). It doesn't take a lot, is silicone free and colour safe.

I have to say that this line really works on my thick, frizzy hair. I swim, so my reddish hair tends to turn orange-ish. This looks like it is neutralizing the brassiness too.

First wash lasted a solid three days, iwashed again this morning because it felt like it was time, not because it looked like it needed it.

So far, I am very happy and very impressed!

**update**
I love this shampoo and conditioner SO much!!! It really has completely changed my hair! For the first time ever, i can let my hair dry naturally and leave the house. They have completely eliminated my natural frizziness and left me with soft, manageable, healthy hair!!

when my hair was long, i used phd shamoo and conditioner, prime on my roots (itty bitty bit) and phd 5 in 1 on my length(about the same amount as prime) I cut it short a couple of months ago and found that using both prime and the 5 in 1 was too much (led to early greasies) so i've stopped using the treatment, but left everything else the same, which has helped a lot.

Total HG.