Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

4.2

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 11/15/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I received both the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner in a trial size from ULTA, and I'm glad I didn't pay much for that because these are not worth the hype (no hair product will ever make me look like Jen Aniston, but I digress). The shampoo lathered fine, and rinsed well. My main gripe is with the conditioner: it made me fine, thin, color treated hair a tangly dry mess! I have no problem detangling my hair post-shower, but this made my hair feel so dry and straw like when it was wet. The only redeeming factor is the clean, citrus-y smell. I was so unimpressed with these I doubt I will finish the rest of the product. I've had my hair feel 10x with drugstore hair care.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair: oily at scalp, dry and coarse at the ends, colour treated, wavy, extremely frizzy.
After each wash I style my hair straight with round brush and dryer.

I was on my quest to find a decent hair line, which would help me keep my hair in "normal" condition. Generally I rarely had bought any hair product twice. It was always something not ok... To drying, to rich, made my hair dull, frizzy, make their condition or appearance worse, etc...
I saw the commercial in magazine and bought the whole line (shampoo, conditioner and styling treatment).
Let me just say, that this line is in use exclusively now (for 2 years).
Nothing before had made my hair look and feel so good. My scalp loves it to.
My hair now: shiny, silky, straight. No flyaways, no frizz, no split ends.
I can go longer between washes, twice a week is enough. I have also noticed, the much less of my hair falls out during washes and my scalp is in very good condition.
If I switch to different shampoo (if it runs out and I forget to get a new bottle) I see the difference right away. Even if I keep the rest of the PhD stuff in the routine.

Cons: I have noticed, that after prolonged use it can build up and make hair dull. My solution: always wash hair twice, first - using klorane and then PhD shampoo. The procedure keeps the pros and gets rid off the cons :)

In my opinion, living proof is a good line, but not if prolonged use. The miracle particles starts to build up upon hair strand and make it look like damaged straw. Moreover the hair start to be gunky and sticky is some way, thus while browdrying or brushing you put more tension than usual which could also be damaging. What I noticed is that to avoid that you need to use really tiny amount of conditiones and styling products, so the next time your hair is being shampooed, all of the residue is gone.
Otherwise you will get build up soon.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo really does give you a perfect hair day! I have very fine, wavy hair that is prone to frizz and flyaways. I always let my hair air dry, and when I use this product, I'm left with healthy looking hair! It gives me volume without frizz and a deep shine. Everything I could ask for in a shampoo, especially for the hefty price tag. The bottle says, keeps hair looking cleaner longer. I can't say if that is true because I still need to wash my hair daily with my extremely oily scalp.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a travel size version of this along with the conditioner. I went on a trip to Florida and my hair held up to the humidity. My curls remained intact without getting droopy over the course of the day and looked shiny. It also felt soft and hydrated. The shampoo leaves my scalp feeling clean. It also has a tolerable smell. The conditioner softens and has good slip and you don't need to use a lot. I would probably only get this duo if it was on sale. So far I am impressed since other LP products have been a hit or miss for me.

on 2/21/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Week 1 review.

I fell in love with the perfect hair day 5 in 1, so I bit the bullet and bought the shampoo and conditioner. I have to say, so far, that I love them too.

I've had so many compliments on my hair in the last few days (never happens) including being asked if i'd just had my hair cut and coloured (it's been about a month). It doesn't take a lot, is silicone free and colour safe.

I have to say that this line really works on my thick, frizzy hair. I swim, so my reddish hair tends to turn orange-ish. This looks like it is neutralizing the brassiness too.

First wash lasted a solid three days, iwashed again this morning because it felt like it was time, not because it looked like it needed it.

So far, I am very happy and very impressed!

**update**
I love this shampoo and conditioner SO much!!! It really has completely changed my hair! For the first time ever, i can let my hair dry naturally and leave the house. They have completely eliminated my natural frizziness and left me with soft, manageable, healthy hair!!

when my hair was long, i used phd shamoo and conditioner, prime on my roots (itty bitty bit) and phd 5 in 1 on my length(about the same amount as prime) I cut it short a couple of months ago and found that using both prime and the 5 in 1 was too much (led to early greasies) so i've stopped using the treatment, but left everything else the same, which has helped a lot.

Total HG.