Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.4

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 7/18/2018 7:17:00 PM

I was looking to replace WEN which I have used for over 7 years,but my hair became,dry,brittle,breaking(after reading tons of reviews about hair loss,stopped use immediately).I unfortunately bought a whole bunch of LP products in May.I started developing a rash along my neck at hairline,bumps across my forehead,itchy scalp,back-,between a bad sunburn & itch.It didn't happen immediately so I didnt tie it to LP.It is the only thing that I have used differently.I really dont care for the smell at all,I agree with others that it has a chemical smell especially during exercise it activates a worse smell that made me very self conscious.I can say it improved the dryness of hair to a degree. My hair got its bounce back.I stopped using about 10 days ago,using Free & Clear shampoo & conditioner recommended by a allergy Dr.I went to a dermatologist & he referred me to the allergy Dr,neither were helpful,I have gotten better info from sites like this one(so save your money & time)I have never had any kind of allergic reaction to any products in the past.Even though it doesnt have the top " bad ingredients " well just read the ingredients, really kinda of scary,kinda got caught up in reading that it was a group of chemists trying to make a product with safer ingredients...WHAT was I thinking,guess looking for product to believe in. I think eventually it will be discovered that its all bad stuff in LP also...my opinion anyway.

on 10/24/2017 12:41:00 PM

Got the PhD trial set to try out as Living Proof gets rave reviews. This shampoo, though. It has got nothing in common with perfect hair. It smells nice, has a clean, maybe citrusy smell, but it's not like super good. Lathers nicely and rinses easily, but it's not good at its main function - getting hair clean. Using it together with other PhD products made my hair ridiculously gross to touch and weighted down after about a week, so much that I had to use a clarifying shampoo. I also tried it with different conditioner and it behaves the same way. I dunno how the healthy hair molecule is supposed to work, I don't know anyone IRL who uses LP, but it didn't seem to perform the magic on my hair. This shampoo also made my scalp itchy within the test week, so there's that.

on 10/14/2017 10:03:00 PM

Pricey but worth it.

I have very long very straight fine hair and lots of it. It is oily at the scalp and dry towards the ends, and I live in the upper midwest where it can get very very humid. This combined with the conditioner and the over night conditioner 1x a week has given my hair the dream texture I've been wanting for years. I usually blow dry it 3/4 of the way the put it in a low very loose bun to dry the rest of the way with some salt spray. I end up with a perfect amount of wave, not greasy, volumized look (like Blake Lively)

Usually if I use my 3 min miracle / aussie volumizing combo I end up with volume and a slight wave but no texture and it's gone within an hour once I let it out of the bun.

on 11/5/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, I have never really had a terrible experience with a shampoo before like I have with this one. I have been using the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner for a week now and I've developed dandruff and really greasy hair. I've never had an issue with both and now all of a sudden, I have them at the same time! What. the. hell. It's extremely disgusting and even my boyfriend has noticed the terrible flaky dandruff. I also usually shower at night, so I can straighten my hair in the morning, but when I wake up, my hair looks greasy like I haven't washed it for days! And let me tell you I can go 3 days without washing it until it looks kind of greasy. My hair did not like this and I don't recommend this shampoo. Not worth a single penny, to be honest.

on 8/9/2016 12:11:00 AM

I dread using this stuff, which has been sitting in my shower for the better part of a month while I gingerly dab on the crappy Suave that my boyfriend slathers gleefully on his gorgeous gray mop. Not because the product isn't awesome, because it is. It's the bottles that make me crazy. I picked it up on the recommendation of an expensively coiffed Saks saleswoman (despite the fact that her ridiculous dye job was a color not found in nature. Her hair smelled great, and that dark-rooted, straw-colored disaster on her head felt like silk, all appearances to the contrary.) I admit it was expensive, but I was already there to buy a $250 Mason Pearson hairbrush, so BRING ON THE IMPULSE BUYS. And I was hypnotized by those sexy little gray bottles, which just beg to be held. So using it seemed simple: I squeeze out a small amount (and it doesn't take much), massage it in, and I can feel its silky power embracing me. UNTIL THE BOTTLE IS HALF EMPTY, at which time the semen-colored liquid (and the conditioner, which is slightly more viscous than the shampoo and a tad more opaque but still makes me think of...well, duh) becomes impossible to extract from its gray matte prison. I'm not kidding. It doesn't just flow out, and no amount of squeezing seems to matter. Because of the bottle's design, you can't even rip off the lid and just dump it into your hand. Tonight I stood in the shower in a modified Warrior II, bracing my left leg against the side of the tub so I wouldn't slip, and mashed the bottle into the wall with every ounce of strength in my hand, trying to force conditioner out of the wee hole at the tip. Bupkis. So I grabbed the ginormous bottle of Sun Ripened Strawberry pink goop and dumped about half the contents onto my jaggedy ends. Accessibility trumped quality tonight, even if my hair smells like a fruit stand in the middle of a chemical factory and my man is wondering why the hell his conditioner is disappearing so rapidly. I love the product, I really do--but I'm done buying it out of this poorly designed bottle. I'm going to saw off the top before my next shower so that I can use what's left. But the combination of my Mason Pearson brush and the shampoo/conditioner combo leave my hair looking better than it's ever looked. So there has to be a solution here. The 28 oz. pump bottle version is sort of stupid expensive, but barring any design flaws, at least I won't have to risk an aneurysm every time I try to use it.

on 6/27/2016 10:18:00 AM

LP Perfect Hair no frizz shampoo does exactly what it says it's going to do, even with fine hair like mine. My hair is color treated which sometimes can frizz the ends depending on the weather. This shampoo and conditioner set helps prevent that from happening. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

I have hair that has a little wave but manages to get both really frizzy and really oily. This shampoo and conditioner did absolutely NOTHING for me- even my usual shampoo that contains sulfates works better. It felt ok in the shower, but when I blow dried it my hair ended up looking like hay. It was so dry. The next day when I went to the salon my hairdresser asked me what the hell I had done to damage my hair so much in a day. This is especially disappointing because of the price tag. It smells heavenly, and I wouldn't mind buying it again if it actually did good, but for it to do this to my hair, the price is ridiculous. I'm even contemplating throwing away the $50 worth of product because I just can't stand what it does to my hair. It's a shame, because I really wanted to like it.

on 6/9/2014 3:18:00 PM

I received samples of the PHD shampoo, conditioner and 5 in 1 styler. The first time I tried them, my hair looked fairly nice but not significantly better than it normally would. By the third use my hair was coated and "hard" feeling, unresponsive to any styling attempt, and my scalp itched like crazy AND IT WAS FRIZZY!!! When I added the Flex hairspray, it actually caused my hair to break if I attempted to put a comb through it. This is definitely one of those product lines that you purchase at a store that will give you a refund.