Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.4

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

REFERENCE: My hair is like Jennifer Aniston's in appearance: long, straight, fine, and blonde; and, very full--I have a lot. Don't know about Jennifer's, but my hair is normal to oily.

This shampoo is the best thing that's happened to me this week! This is one of only two shampoos that I've found that doesn't irritate my skin. But, it's the ONLY SHAMPOO that thoroughly washes my hair without stripping it. As such, oil is kept at bay after washing with this. Love the fresh, herbal scent too.

Only thing I hate: the price! At $25 for one cup (8 oz.) of shampoo, I can't afford a perfect hair day everyday...

on 7/23/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have greasy scalp and dry ends. I used to wash every other day and I purchased this thinking that I will have to wash every 2-3 days, unfortunately not happened, and if anything it has make it worse. I am soooo dissapointed as I really want it to work. Packaging is beautiful but not practical, I cannot squeeze the bottle of conditioner as the product is thick. It doesn't worth the money!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a new shampoo that was more high end and this one had good rating and I gave it a try.

I didnt really like it. The shampoo was mediocre. It didnt really keep my hair cleaner longer. My dove shampoo and conditioner does a better job. My hair didnt really feel soft and looked like it lost some shine. I didnt like the smell of it, it was pleasing the least bit. The bottle was very hard to squeeze I would drop it in the shower because I would lose my grip after squeezing it too hard. Once it got down to 1/4 of it, I threw it out. I wanted to like it but I just couldn't.

You heard it from Jackie Rudetski

on 5/20/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair loves this stuff! It has the perfect amount of hydration without leaving my hair weighed down. It softens, smooths and eliminates frizz completely. I tried the LP Restore s/c but it was far too heavy. I guess my hair isn't dry or damaged enough for the Restore formula. I also tried LP No Frizz s/c but it left my hair dry. My hair is medium textured, color treated, dry, wavy and prone to frizz. Perfect Hair Day is the perfect fit. It leaves my hair supple, manageable, shiny and frizz free. It also keeps my hair clean longer. I was washing my hair every other day but with LP I can go four days without shampooing. This means that my hair color stays fresh and bright. LP is sulfate and silicone free and the LP founders invented a new molecule that's in all their shampoos and conditioners. Whatever it is, it's definitely working for me. My hair has never looked so good. It only takes a dollop about the size of a quarter for my below shoulder length hair, which means the bottle will last quite a while. When I look in my hall closet, where the hair product FAILS go to die, I don't feel guilty about spending money for something that absolutely works. This is the first time a hair product brand has lived up to its claims. I have a good hair day nearly every day these days. My hair actually looks like the picture I took to my stylist when I last got my hair cut! Amazeballs! I definitely recommend this shampoo (and the PHD conditioner too).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very average shampoo. Warning, don't get it in your eyes, it's the only shampoo i've ever used that irritates my eyes. Even using this shampoo with the PHD conditioner isn't much better. I find it really hard getting a wide-tooth comb through my wet, long hair which i never have problems with. I use a good amount of conditioner as well. Other products I use are Joico, Aveda, Kerastase. This product seems to be drying and although once my hair is blow-dried feels good, it always feels good after a wash! I will not purchase again, especially at the price.

I love this shampoo. I use the whole Perfect Hair Day line - and the shampoo is amazing. I have used this on virgin hair and on highlights and my hair is protected and soft, without any build up. This shampoo does well to get out build up and dry shampoo from 5-day-dirty hair without having to wash twice! I do use about two quarters' worth when washing, though, because as I said, I go about 5 days.

I have used this shampoo on day 2 or 3 before, or after a workout when I have far less product and dry shampoo build up in my hair and seriously, a dime size will do it!

My hair is midback length and thick, too.

Love the smell, love the packaging. Pretty bottles. ;)

on 5/7/2014 6:21:00 PM

This shampoo(as well as the conditioner and styling treatment) are truly amazing. PHD is my HG line for sure. Together these three products have made my hair soft, silky, bouncy, and fuller looking. It just improves my hair overall and makes it look and feel healthy. But about the shampoo in particular: this is a sulfate(and silicone) free shampoo. I have dry, heat damaged hair so I am always looking for a shampoo that will be super gentle and moisturizing. Out of the bottle, the product is thick creamy and whitish in colour. I find the smell herbal yet feminine, and very pleasant. This stuff lathers beautifully with only a small amount of product, cleans it well, and yet doesn't strip it at all. In fact it actually conditions my hair; it smooths hair and helps remove tangles instead of creating them. Usually after I shampoo, my hair feels tangled and dry, like it is begging for conditioner. It doesn't feel stripped like that after using this product. Of course I still wouldn't dream of skipping conditioning, but I wouldn't no matter how moisturizing my shampoo was. All in all, it is a real pleasure to use, it feels so luxurious. And the result is wonderful silky healthy hair as I said above, although I have only used it with the conditioner of the same line, so I cannot say to what degree the results are due to the shampoo. But I know for sure that this duo cleanses well, moisturizes well, and is so lightweight it really gives my hair body. Well done Living Proof!

Popular Shampoos