Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

No Image

3.3

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 10/14/2017 10:03:00 PM

Pricey but worth it.

I have very long very straight fine hair and lots of it. It is oily at the scalp and dry towards the ends, and I live in the upper midwest where it can get very very humid. This combined with the conditioner and the over night conditioner 1x a week has given my hair the dream texture I've been wanting for years. I usually blow dry it 3/4 of the way the put it in a low very loose bun to dry the rest of the way with some salt spray. I end up with a perfect amount of wave, not greasy, volumized look (like Blake Lively)

Usually if I use my 3 min miracle / aussie volumizing combo I end up with volume and a slight wave but no texture and it's gone within an hour once I let it out of the bun.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

REFERENCE: My hair is like Jennifer Aniston's in appearance: long, straight, fine, and blonde; and, very full--I have a lot. Don't know about Jennifer's, but my hair is normal to oily.

This shampoo is the best thing that's happened to me this week! This is one of only two shampoos that I've found that doesn't irritate my skin. But, it's the ONLY SHAMPOO that thoroughly washes my hair without stripping it. As such, oil is kept at bay after washing with this. Love the fresh, herbal scent too.

Only thing I hate: the price! At $25 for one cup (8 oz.) of shampoo, I can't afford a perfect hair day everyday...

I'm crazy about Living Proof! The PhD molecule I really do think there is science behind that. It has kept my hair soft & can stretch between shampoos a day or 2 minimum longer. I washed my hair with it for example on Friday, & I haven't needed to think about washing it (today is the following Monday). It is so blasted expensive thou so I may switch back, I have a bottle of Redken AllSoft S/C in my stash so I may buy LP after using that but the reason I would not buy is purely monetarily it's my fave S/C is deffo LP but it makes me feel guilty for spending that kind of $$$!! I believe if there's a will there's a way somehow I will get LP. I wish they sold LP at Kroger like Its A 10 & Redken! Sorry blah it sux having champagne taste on a lemonade budget! Water budget haha VO5 ;-) I'm going to keep up w using salon products of some kind! LP tames my hair keeps frizz down the best of what I've tried it truly is the best ive tried for my natural U wavy hair & is sulfate/oil free so very gentle! $25 for 8oz eek!

on 6/27/2016 10:18:00 AM

LP Perfect Hair no frizz shampoo does exactly what it says it's going to do, even with fine hair like mine. My hair is color treated which sometimes can frizz the ends depending on the weather. This shampoo and conditioner set helps prevent that from happening. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm shocked this doesn't have more/better reviews. This shampoo is my absolute HG. Smooths hair without weighing it down making it look clean, healthy & shiny. I notice I have a lot less flyaways which is important to me. My hair always looks the best when I use this shampoo. I'm currently looking for a dupe bc this shampoo is just way to expensive for every day use. Have not found anything that comes remotely close. My only complaint about this product is that my hair feels a bit tangly when I'm blowing it out - but I'll take that anyday for the outcome it gives.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the starter pack that came with the PHD shampoo, conditioner, and 5 in 1 styling cream. I love all of the products. I have a dry scalp, long hair, generally not very greasy but would wash my hair 3 to 4 times a week because of product build up. With LP I only have to wash my hair 2x a week. my hair stays clean longer and when I use dry shampoo in between it is more effective. It is very expensive, but I don't use a lot because I don't have to shampoo as much. The starter pack easily lasted 2 months and I still have the styling cream. I thought my love for LP was all in my head so I went back to cheaper stuff and regretted it a week later. My only con is that the packaging sucks, it is hard to squeeze the bottles. Next time I will get the big sizes with pumps but it will cost $120 which is unsettling. However, these keeps my hair just like Jennifer Annistons, lung, smooth and straight with minimal effort.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo really does give you a perfect hair day! I have very fine, wavy hair that is prone to frizz and flyaways. I always let my hair air dry, and when I use this product, I'm left with healthy looking hair! It gives me volume without frizz and a deep shine. Everything I could ask for in a shampoo, especially for the hefty price tag. The bottle says, keeps hair looking cleaner longer. I can't say if that is true because I still need to wash my hair daily with my extremely oily scalp.

on 12/6/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my new favorite shampoo and conditioner. I had been using WEN but became concerned after reading about people complaining about excess hair loss. It did seem like I saw a lot of hair in the drain each time I shampooed, but thought as I'm getting older, maybe that was why. I bought the sample size and after 3-4 shampoos (I wash every other day) I noticed no hair in the drain. Really. The shampoo claims it will improve the condition of your hair over time, make your hair fuller, keep it cleaner longer, and make it smoother. Like the one reviewer below, I was amazed that all these claims were true for my hair. I used to have to use a dry shampoo on day 2 because my roots could look a bit greasy but no more. In the summer I tried the smoothing shampoo and that helped reduce frizz a lot but is too heavy for year round. I don't like the PHD styling product which feels like it weighs my hair down but the shampoo and conditioner are perfection for me. It also doesn't strip my color. I have been using it since early September so I feel confident that I've given it a good test. I just used my $20 off VIB discount to stock up although I think I have at least a month or two supply left. I do also use a bit of It's a 10 sprayed on my hands and smoothed over my hair which provides a little more smoothing and shine, but I used that before as well.

on 5/20/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair loves this stuff! It has the perfect amount of hydration without leaving my hair weighed down. It softens, smooths and eliminates frizz completely. I tried the LP Restore s/c but it was far too heavy. I guess my hair isn't dry or damaged enough for the Restore formula. I also tried LP No Frizz s/c but it left my hair dry. My hair is medium textured, color treated, dry, wavy and prone to frizz. Perfect Hair Day is the perfect fit. It leaves my hair supple, manageable, shiny and frizz free. It also keeps my hair clean longer. I was washing my hair every other day but with LP I can go four days without shampooing. This means that my hair color stays fresh and bright. LP is sulfate and silicone free and the LP founders invented a new molecule that's in all their shampoos and conditioners. Whatever it is, it's definitely working for me. My hair has never looked so good. It only takes a dollop about the size of a quarter for my below shoulder length hair, which means the bottle will last quite a while. When I look in my hall closet, where the hair product FAILS go to die, I don't feel guilty about spending money for something that absolutely works. This is the first time a hair product brand has lived up to its claims. I have a good hair day nearly every day these days. My hair actually looks like the picture I took to my stylist when I last got my hair cut! Amazeballs! I definitely recommend this shampoo (and the PHD conditioner too).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It is the best shampoo I have ever used..ever. I use the PHD line plus the texture mist. A little about my hair: I have fine hair, but a lot of hair. I also have the kind of hair you hate washing because it looses texture, shape and life after you wash it. My hair is in generally good condition; only gets a little dry when I heat style too often. I am currently growing out my pixie so length is all over. My hair is currently not colored. My hair gets greasy around day 3; I use a dry shampoo and cond. to extend into 5 days. without washing. On to the shampoo...

I have been using this shampoo for about 3 months now. I am going to start off with the smell; I LOVE it. Even if this shampoo sucked I would buy it for the smell. It smells similar to Prada Amber IMO, and I wear that scent often so it makes a perfet layer effect. The product is a pearl colored shampoo that works into a good foamy lather. The lather feels plush in a way when I work it in. When I rinse my hair feels clean but not dry. When my hair dries (after using PHD cond. and 5-1 styling treatment) my hair is bouncy, shiny and feels smooth. I don't find this giving me tons of volume; but enough to make me not cringe washing my hair because I'll loose all the texture I need to make my pixie look good. As for the claims of "hair feels cleaner longer" I can agree with this statment. I can now stretch 4 days without washing or needing dry shampoo, before using PHD it was 2-3.

The product comes in a sleek grey and white bottle. I love the packing. Its modern and clean, just like the product itself. Also big whoo-hoo on being sulfate free. I paid $24 for 8 ox. I don't feel like I paid too much for the amount of product; You don't need much product to get your hair cleanand the results and smell are worth it in opinion. Have repurchsed and will continue to.