Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

No Image

3.4

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 8/9/2016 12:11:00 AM

I dread using this stuff, which has been sitting in my shower for the better part of a month while I gingerly dab on the crappy Suave that my boyfriend slathers gleefully on his gorgeous gray mop. Not because the product isn't awesome, because it is. It's the bottles that make me crazy. I picked it up on the recommendation of an expensively coiffed Saks saleswoman (despite the fact that her ridiculous dye job was a color not found in nature. Her hair smelled great, and that dark-rooted, straw-colored disaster on her head felt like silk, all appearances to the contrary.) I admit it was expensive, but I was already there to buy a $250 Mason Pearson hairbrush, so BRING ON THE IMPULSE BUYS. And I was hypnotized by those sexy little gray bottles, which just beg to be held. So using it seemed simple: I squeeze out a small amount (and it doesn't take much), massage it in, and I can feel its silky power embracing me. UNTIL THE BOTTLE IS HALF EMPTY, at which time the semen-colored liquid (and the conditioner, which is slightly more viscous than the shampoo and a tad more opaque but still makes me think of...well, duh) becomes impossible to extract from its gray matte prison. I'm not kidding. It doesn't just flow out, and no amount of squeezing seems to matter. Because of the bottle's design, you can't even rip off the lid and just dump it into your hand. Tonight I stood in the shower in a modified Warrior II, bracing my left leg against the side of the tub so I wouldn't slip, and mashed the bottle into the wall with every ounce of strength in my hand, trying to force conditioner out of the wee hole at the tip. Bupkis. So I grabbed the ginormous bottle of Sun Ripened Strawberry pink goop and dumped about half the contents onto my jaggedy ends. Accessibility trumped quality tonight, even if my hair smells like a fruit stand in the middle of a chemical factory and my man is wondering why the hell his conditioner is disappearing so rapidly. I love the product, I really do--but I'm done buying it out of this poorly designed bottle. I'm going to saw off the top before my next shower so that I can use what's left. But the combination of my Mason Pearson brush and the shampoo/conditioner combo leave my hair looking better than it's ever looked. So there has to be a solution here. The 28 oz. pump bottle version is sort of stupid expensive, but barring any design flaws, at least I won't have to risk an aneurysm every time I try to use it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair: oily at scalp, dry and coarse at the ends, colour treated, wavy, extremely frizzy.
After each wash I style my hair straight with round brush and dryer.

I was on my quest to find a decent hair line, which would help me keep my hair in "normal" condition. Generally I rarely had bought any hair product twice. It was always something not ok... To drying, to rich, made my hair dull, frizzy, make their condition or appearance worse, etc...
I saw the commercial in magazine and bought the whole line (shampoo, conditioner and styling treatment).
Let me just say, that this line is in use exclusively now (for 2 years).
Nothing before had made my hair look and feel so good. My scalp loves it to.
My hair now: shiny, silky, straight. No flyaways, no frizz, no split ends.
I can go longer between washes, twice a week is enough. I have also noticed, the much less of my hair falls out during washes and my scalp is in very good condition.
If I switch to different shampoo (if it runs out and I forget to get a new bottle) I see the difference right away. Even if I keep the rest of the PhD stuff in the routine.

Cons: I have noticed, that after prolonged use it can build up and make hair dull. My solution: always wash hair twice, first - using klorane and then PhD shampoo. The procedure keeps the pros and gets rid off the cons :)

In my opinion, living proof is a good line, but not if prolonged use. The miracle particles starts to build up upon hair strand and make it look like damaged straw. Moreover the hair start to be gunky and sticky is some way, thus while browdrying or brushing you put more tension than usual which could also be damaging. What I noticed is that to avoid that you need to use really tiny amount of conditiones and styling products, so the next time your hair is being shampooed, all of the residue is gone.
Otherwise you will get build up soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It is the best shampoo I have ever used..ever. I use the PHD line plus the texture mist. A little about my hair: I have fine hair, but a lot of hair. I also have the kind of hair you hate washing because it looses texture, shape and life after you wash it. My hair is in generally good condition; only gets a little dry when I heat style too often. I am currently growing out my pixie so length is all over. My hair is currently not colored. My hair gets greasy around day 3; I use a dry shampoo and cond. to extend into 5 days. without washing. On to the shampoo...

I have been using this shampoo for about 3 months now. I am going to start off with the smell; I LOVE it. Even if this shampoo sucked I would buy it for the smell. It smells similar to Prada Amber IMO, and I wear that scent often so it makes a perfet layer effect. The product is a pearl colored shampoo that works into a good foamy lather. The lather feels plush in a way when I work it in. When I rinse my hair feels clean but not dry. When my hair dries (after using PHD cond. and 5-1 styling treatment) my hair is bouncy, shiny and feels smooth. I don't find this giving me tons of volume; but enough to make me not cringe washing my hair because I'll loose all the texture I need to make my pixie look good. As for the claims of "hair feels cleaner longer" I can agree with this statment. I can now stretch 4 days without washing or needing dry shampoo, before using PHD it was 2-3.

The product comes in a sleek grey and white bottle. I love the packing. Its modern and clean, just like the product itself. Also big whoo-hoo on being sulfate free. I paid $24 for 8 ox. I don't feel like I paid too much for the amount of product; You don't need much product to get your hair cleanand the results and smell are worth it in opinion. Have repurchsed and will continue to.

on 2/21/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Week 1 review.

I fell in love with the perfect hair day 5 in 1, so I bit the bullet and bought the shampoo and conditioner. I have to say, so far, that I love them too.

I've had so many compliments on my hair in the last few days (never happens) including being asked if i'd just had my hair cut and coloured (it's been about a month). It doesn't take a lot, is silicone free and colour safe.

I have to say that this line really works on my thick, frizzy hair. I swim, so my reddish hair tends to turn orange-ish. This looks like it is neutralizing the brassiness too.

First wash lasted a solid three days, iwashed again this morning because it felt like it was time, not because it looked like it needed it.

So far, I am very happy and very impressed!

**update**
I love this shampoo and conditioner SO much!!! It really has completely changed my hair! For the first time ever, i can let my hair dry naturally and leave the house. They have completely eliminated my natural frizziness and left me with soft, manageable, healthy hair!!

when my hair was long, i used phd shamoo and conditioner, prime on my roots (itty bitty bit) and phd 5 in 1 on my length(about the same amount as prime) I cut it short a couple of months ago and found that using both prime and the 5 in 1 was too much (led to early greasies) so i've stopped using the treatment, but left everything else the same, which has helped a lot.

Total HG.

on 5/20/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair loves this stuff! It has the perfect amount of hydration without leaving my hair weighed down. It softens, smooths and eliminates frizz completely. I tried the LP Restore s/c but it was far too heavy. I guess my hair isn't dry or damaged enough for the Restore formula. I also tried LP No Frizz s/c but it left my hair dry. My hair is medium textured, color treated, dry, wavy and prone to frizz. Perfect Hair Day is the perfect fit. It leaves my hair supple, manageable, shiny and frizz free. It also keeps my hair clean longer. I was washing my hair every other day but with LP I can go four days without shampooing. This means that my hair color stays fresh and bright. LP is sulfate and silicone free and the LP founders invented a new molecule that's in all their shampoos and conditioners. Whatever it is, it's definitely working for me. My hair has never looked so good. It only takes a dollop about the size of a quarter for my below shoulder length hair, which means the bottle will last quite a while. When I look in my hall closet, where the hair product FAILS go to die, I don't feel guilty about spending money for something that absolutely works. This is the first time a hair product brand has lived up to its claims. I have a good hair day nearly every day these days. My hair actually looks like the picture I took to my stylist when I last got my hair cut! Amazeballs! I definitely recommend this shampoo (and the PHD conditioner too).

on 5/7/2014 6:21:00 PM

This shampoo(as well as the conditioner and styling treatment) are truly amazing. PHD is my HG line for sure. Together these three products have made my hair soft, silky, bouncy, and fuller looking. It just improves my hair overall and makes it look and feel healthy. But about the shampoo in particular: this is a sulfate(and silicone) free shampoo. I have dry, heat damaged hair so I am always looking for a shampoo that will be super gentle and moisturizing. Out of the bottle, the product is thick creamy and whitish in colour. I find the smell herbal yet feminine, and very pleasant. This stuff lathers beautifully with only a small amount of product, cleans it well, and yet doesn't strip it at all. In fact it actually conditions my hair; it smooths hair and helps remove tangles instead of creating them. Usually after I shampoo, my hair feels tangled and dry, like it is begging for conditioner. It doesn't feel stripped like that after using this product. Of course I still wouldn't dream of skipping conditioning, but I wouldn't no matter how moisturizing my shampoo was. All in all, it is a real pleasure to use, it feels so luxurious. And the result is wonderful silky healthy hair as I said above, although I have only used it with the conditioner of the same line, so I cannot say to what degree the results are due to the shampoo. But I know for sure that this duo cleanses well, moisturizes well, and is so lightweight it really gives my hair body. Well done Living Proof!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

REFERENCE: My hair is like Jennifer Aniston's in appearance: long, straight, fine, and blonde; and, very full--I have a lot. Don't know about Jennifer's, but my hair is normal to oily.

This shampoo is the best thing that's happened to me this week! This is one of only two shampoos that I've found that doesn't irritate my skin. But, it's the ONLY SHAMPOO that thoroughly washes my hair without stripping it. As such, oil is kept at bay after washing with this. Love the fresh, herbal scent too.

Only thing I hate: the price! At $25 for one cup (8 oz.) of shampoo, I can't afford a perfect hair day everyday...

on 9/30/2016 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was excited to try living proofs PHD based on reviews on MUA and an experience I had with a sample. So I shelled out $25 for the shampoo and $25 for the conditioner. One of its claims is that you can extend hair washing because of a special molecule that helps protect the hair. As someone with dry skin and a newborn, this was a huge pro.

Initially, the shampoo helped cleanse my hair gently but over time, it made my hair gummy and dirty looking. Even after clarifying, my hair felt heavy. Though I enjoy the smell, it seems like many don't.
Another con is the packaging. The bottles are very hard to get product out of.

Basically, I would never pay this much for the shampoo again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a new shampoo that was more high end and this one had good rating and I gave it a try.

I didnt really like it. The shampoo was mediocre. It didnt really keep my hair cleaner longer. My dove shampoo and conditioner does a better job. My hair didnt really feel soft and looked like it lost some shine. I didnt like the smell of it, it was pleasing the least bit. The bottle was very hard to squeeze I would drop it in the shower because I would lose my grip after squeezing it too hard. Once it got down to 1/4 of it, I threw it out. I wanted to like it but I just couldn't.

You heard it from Jackie Rudetski

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very average shampoo. Warning, don't get it in your eyes, it's the only shampoo i've ever used that irritates my eyes. Even using this shampoo with the PHD conditioner isn't much better. I find it really hard getting a wide-tooth comb through my wet, long hair which i never have problems with. I use a good amount of conditioner as well. Other products I use are Joico, Aveda, Kerastase. This product seems to be drying and although once my hair is blow-dried feels good, it always feels good after a wash! I will not purchase again, especially at the price.