Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

No Image

3.4

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

REFERENCE: My hair is like Jennifer Aniston's in appearance: long, straight, fine, and blonde; and, very full--I have a lot. Don't know about Jennifer's, but my hair is normal to oily.

This shampoo is the best thing that's happened to me this week! This is one of only two shampoos that I've found that doesn't irritate my skin. But, it's the ONLY SHAMPOO that thoroughly washes my hair without stripping it. As such, oil is kept at bay after washing with this. Love the fresh, herbal scent too.

Only thing I hate: the price! At $25 for one cup (8 oz.) of shampoo, I can't afford a perfect hair day everyday...

on 12/11/2016 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this on a whim at Ulta....what a waste of my money. After one usage my scalp started to itch...I thought it was just the dry air. After my second usage, my scalp itched continuously and I developed some serious flakes that took over two weeks to settle back down.

I put this back on the shelf and decided to try it again at a later date - and the itching and flakes came back. My husband tried it as as shampoo since he didn't want to waste the product and even he complained after a few days that his scalp itched like crazy.

Save your money....buy something else.

on 11/5/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, I have never really had a terrible experience with a shampoo before like I have with this one. I have been using the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner for a week now and I've developed dandruff and really greasy hair. I've never had an issue with both and now all of a sudden, I have them at the same time! What. the. hell. It's extremely disgusting and even my boyfriend has noticed the terrible flaky dandruff. I also usually shower at night, so I can straighten my hair in the morning, but when I wake up, my hair looks greasy like I haven't washed it for days! And let me tell you I can go 3 days without washing it until it looks kind of greasy. My hair did not like this and I don't recommend this shampoo. Not worth a single penny, to be honest.

on 9/30/2016 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was excited to try living proofs PHD based on reviews on MUA and an experience I had with a sample. So I shelled out $25 for the shampoo and $25 for the conditioner. One of its claims is that you can extend hair washing because of a special molecule that helps protect the hair. As someone with dry skin and a newborn, this was a huge pro.

Initially, the shampoo helped cleanse my hair gently but over time, it made my hair gummy and dirty looking. Even after clarifying, my hair felt heavy. Though I enjoy the smell, it seems like many don't.
Another con is the packaging. The bottles are very hard to get product out of.

Basically, I would never pay this much for the shampoo again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

on 8/9/2016 12:11:00 AM

I dread using this stuff, which has been sitting in my shower for the better part of a month while I gingerly dab on the crappy Suave that my boyfriend slathers gleefully on his gorgeous gray mop. Not because the product isn't awesome, because it is. It's the bottles that make me crazy. I picked it up on the recommendation of an expensively coiffed Saks saleswoman (despite the fact that her ridiculous dye job was a color not found in nature. Her hair smelled great, and that dark-rooted, straw-colored disaster on her head felt like silk, all appearances to the contrary.) I admit it was expensive, but I was already there to buy a $250 Mason Pearson hairbrush, so BRING ON THE IMPULSE BUYS. And I was hypnotized by those sexy little gray bottles, which just beg to be held. So using it seemed simple: I squeeze out a small amount (and it doesn't take much), massage it in, and I can feel its silky power embracing me. UNTIL THE BOTTLE IS HALF EMPTY, at which time the semen-colored liquid (and the conditioner, which is slightly more viscous than the shampoo and a tad more opaque but still makes me think of...well, duh) becomes impossible to extract from its gray matte prison. I'm not kidding. It doesn't just flow out, and no amount of squeezing seems to matter. Because of the bottle's design, you can't even rip off the lid and just dump it into your hand. Tonight I stood in the shower in a modified Warrior II, bracing my left leg against the side of the tub so I wouldn't slip, and mashed the bottle into the wall with every ounce of strength in my hand, trying to force conditioner out of the wee hole at the tip. Bupkis. So I grabbed the ginormous bottle of Sun Ripened Strawberry pink goop and dumped about half the contents onto my jaggedy ends. Accessibility trumped quality tonight, even if my hair smells like a fruit stand in the middle of a chemical factory and my man is wondering why the hell his conditioner is disappearing so rapidly. I love the product, I really do--but I'm done buying it out of this poorly designed bottle. I'm going to saw off the top before my next shower so that I can use what's left. But the combination of my Mason Pearson brush and the shampoo/conditioner combo leave my hair looking better than it's ever looked. So there has to be a solution here. The 28 oz. pump bottle version is sort of stupid expensive, but barring any design flaws, at least I won't have to risk an aneurysm every time I try to use it.

on 7/23/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have greasy scalp and dry ends. I used to wash every other day and I purchased this thinking that I will have to wash every 2-3 days, unfortunately not happened, and if anything it has make it worse. I am soooo dissapointed as I really want it to work. Packaging is beautiful but not practical, I cannot squeeze the bottle of conditioner as the product is thick. It doesn't worth the money!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm crazy about Living Proof! The PhD molecule I really do think there is science behind that. It has kept my hair soft & can stretch between shampoos a day or 2 minimum longer. I washed my hair with it for example on Friday, & I haven't needed to think about washing it (today is the following Monday). It is so blasted expensive thou so I may switch back, I have a bottle of Redken AllSoft S/C in my stash so I may buy LP after using that but the reason I would not buy is purely monetarily it's my fave S/C is deffo LP but it makes me feel guilty for spending that kind of $$$!! I believe if there's a will there's a way somehow I will get LP. I wish they sold LP at Kroger like Its A 10 & Redken! Sorry blah it sux having champagne taste on a lemonade budget! Water budget haha VO5 ;-) I'm going to keep up w using salon products of some kind! LP tames my hair keeps frizz down the best of what I've tried it truly is the best ive tried for my natural U wavy hair & is sulfate/oil free so very gentle! $25 for 8oz eek!

on 6/27/2016 10:18:00 AM

LP Perfect Hair no frizz shampoo does exactly what it says it's going to do, even with fine hair like mine. My hair is color treated which sometimes can frizz the ends depending on the weather. This shampoo and conditioner set helps prevent that from happening. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

I got a sample of this, but can't fully review the product because the smell is so overwhelmingly perfumey that I refuse to put it on my head. If you have a sensitive nose or get headaches when navigating through perfume counters, you'll want a restraining order against this shampoo (as well as its conditioner counterpart).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm shocked this doesn't have more/better reviews. This shampoo is my absolute HG. Smooths hair without weighing it down making it look clean, healthy & shiny. I notice I have a lot less flyaways which is important to me. My hair always looks the best when I use this shampoo. I'm currently looking for a dupe bc this shampoo is just way to expensive for every day use. Have not found anything that comes remotely close. My only complaint about this product is that my hair feels a bit tangly when I'm blowing it out - but I'll take that anyday for the outcome it gives.