Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

3.6

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 7/23/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have greasy scalp and dry ends. I used to wash every other day and I purchased this thinking that I will have to wash every 2-3 days, unfortunately not happened, and if anything it has make it worse. I am soooo dissapointed as I really want it to work. Packaging is beautiful but not practical, I cannot squeeze the bottle of conditioner as the product is thick. It doesn't worth the money!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm crazy about Living Proof! The PhD molecule I really do think there is science behind that. It has kept my hair soft & can stretch between shampoos a day or 2 minimum longer. I washed my hair with it for example on Friday, & I haven't needed to think about washing it (today is the following Monday). It is so blasted expensive thou so I may switch back, I have a bottle of Redken AllSoft S/C in my stash so I may buy LP after using that but the reason I would not buy is purely monetarily it's my fave S/C is deffo LP but it makes me feel guilty for spending that kind of $$$!! I believe if there's a will there's a way somehow I will get LP. I wish they sold LP at Kroger like Its A 10 & Redken! Sorry blah it sux having champagne taste on a lemonade budget! Water budget haha VO5 ;-) I'm going to keep up w using salon products of some kind! LP tames my hair keeps frizz down the best of what I've tried it truly is the best ive tried for my natural U wavy hair & is sulfate/oil free so very gentle! $25 for 8oz eek!

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/27/2016 10:18:00 AM

LP Perfect Hair no frizz shampoo does exactly what it says it's going to do, even with fine hair like mine. My hair is color treated which sometimes can frizz the ends depending on the weather. This shampoo and conditioner set helps prevent that from happening. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all.

I got a sample of this, but can't fully review the product because the smell is so overwhelmingly perfumey that I refuse to put it on my head. If you have a sensitive nose or get headaches when navigating through perfume counters, you'll want a restraining order against this shampoo (as well as its conditioner counterpart).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm shocked this doesn't have more/better reviews. This shampoo is my absolute HG. Smooths hair without weighing it down making it look clean, healthy & shiny. I notice I have a lot less flyaways which is important to me. My hair always looks the best when I use this shampoo. I'm currently looking for a dupe bc this shampoo is just way to expensive for every day use. Have not found anything that comes remotely close. My only complaint about this product is that my hair feels a bit tangly when I'm blowing it out - but I'll take that anyday for the outcome it gives.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the starter pack that came with the PHD shampoo, conditioner, and 5 in 1 styling cream. I love all of the products. I have a dry scalp, long hair, generally not very greasy but would wash my hair 3 to 4 times a week because of product build up. With LP I only have to wash my hair 2x a week. my hair stays clean longer and when I use dry shampoo in between it is more effective. It is very expensive, but I don't use a lot because I don't have to shampoo as much. The starter pack easily lasted 2 months and I still have the styling cream. I thought my love for LP was all in my head so I went back to cheaper stuff and regretted it a week later. My only con is that the packaging sucks, it is hard to squeeze the bottles. Next time I will get the big sizes with pumps but it will cost $120 which is unsettling. However, these keeps my hair just like Jennifer Annistons, lung, smooth and straight with minimal effort.

I have hair that has a little wave but manages to get both really frizzy and really oily. This shampoo and conditioner did absolutely NOTHING for me- even my usual shampoo that contains sulfates works better. It felt ok in the shower, but when I blow dried it my hair ended up looking like hay. It was so dry. The next day when I went to the salon my hairdresser asked me what the hell I had done to damage my hair so much in a day. This is especially disappointing because of the price tag. It smells heavenly, and I wouldn't mind buying it again if it actually did good, but for it to do this to my hair, the price is ridiculous. I'm even contemplating throwing away the $50 worth of product because I just can't stand what it does to my hair. It's a shame, because I really wanted to like it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a new shampoo that was more high end and this one had good rating and I gave it a try.

I didnt really like it. The shampoo was mediocre. It didnt really keep my hair cleaner longer. My dove shampoo and conditioner does a better job. My hair didnt really feel soft and looked like it lost some shine. I didnt like the smell of it, it was pleasing the least bit. The bottle was very hard to squeeze I would drop it in the shower because I would lose my grip after squeezing it too hard. Once it got down to 1/4 of it, I threw it out. I wanted to like it but I just couldn't.

You heard it from Jackie Rudetski

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo really does give you a perfect hair day! I have very fine, wavy hair that is prone to frizz and flyaways. I always let my hair air dry, and when I use this product, I'm left with healthy looking hair! It gives me volume without frizz and a deep shine. Everything I could ask for in a shampoo, especially for the hefty price tag. The bottle says, keeps hair looking cleaner longer. I can't say if that is true because I still need to wash my hair daily with my extremely oily scalp.

on 12/6/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my new favorite shampoo and conditioner. I had been using WEN but became concerned after reading about people complaining about excess hair loss. It did seem like I saw a lot of hair in the drain each time I shampooed, but thought as I'm getting older, maybe that was why. I bought the sample size and after 3-4 shampoos (I wash every other day) I noticed no hair in the drain. Really. The shampoo claims it will improve the condition of your hair over time, make your hair fuller, keep it cleaner longer, and make it smoother. Like the one reviewer below, I was amazed that all these claims were true for my hair. I used to have to use a dry shampoo on day 2 because my roots could look a bit greasy but no more. In the summer I tried the smoothing shampoo and that helped reduce frizz a lot but is too heavy for year round. I don't like the PHD styling product which feels like it weighs my hair down but the shampoo and conditioner are perfection for me. It also doesn't strip my color. I have been using it since early September so I feel confident that I've given it a good test. I just used my $20 off VIB discount to stock up although I think I have at least a month or two supply left. I do also use a bit of It's a 10 sprayed on my hands and smoothed over my hair which provides a little more smoothing and shine, but I used that before as well.

Popular Shampoos