3.3

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 months ago

I bought a travel size of this when I accidentally forgot my shampoo on a weekend trip. I ended up using it three times and really have nothing good to say except it smelled ok. Was my hair perfect to start with? No, but Perfect Hair Day knotted it up and stripped it. My hair was tangled, dry, frizzy, and got greasier quicker than normal. Pretty disappointing for a shampoo that claims to make your hair stay cleaner for longer. Also, I had to use way more of this than I normally do across all sorts of brands, sulfate free included, which is a real kicker for something so expensive. All in all, one of the worst shampoos I’ve used in a long time.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

I was looking to replace WEN which I have used for over 7 years,but my hair became,dry,brittle,breaking(after reading tons of reviews about hair loss,stopped use immediately).I unfortunately bought a whole bunch of LP products in May.I started developing a rash along my neck at hairline,bumps across my forehead,itchy scalp,back-,between a bad sunburn & itch.It didn't happen immediately so I didnt tie it to LP.It is the only thing that I have used differently.I really dont care for the smell at all,I agree with others that it has a chemical smell especially during exercise it activates a worse smell that made me very self conscious.I can say it improved the dryness of hair to a degree. My hair got its bounce back.I stopped using about 10 days ago,using Free & Clear shampoo & conditioner recommended by a allergy Dr.I went to a dermatologist & he referred me to the allergy Dr,neither were helpful,I have gotten better info from sites like this one(so save your money & time)I have never had any kind of allergic reaction to any products in the past.Even though it doesnt have the top " bad ingredients " well just read the ingredients, really kinda of scary,kinda got caught up in reading that it was a group of chemists trying to make a product with safer ingredients...WHAT was I thinking,guess looking for product to believe in. I think eventually it will be discovered that its all bad stuff in LP also...my opinion anyway.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

2 years ago

In NC it left my hair smoother but started to give me a feeling that I needed to clarify & get rid of build up. In FL (Disney Resort) it left my hair with my waves pulled out & my hair was poofy & frizzy. I wanted to love this for my fine 2b waves...but it is too moody & inconsistent. I always used it with the coordinating conditioner.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I received both the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner in a trial size from ULTA, and I'm glad I didn't pay much for that because these are not worth the hype (no hair product will ever make me look like Jen Aniston, but I digress). The shampoo lathered fine, and rinsed well. My main gripe is with the conditioner: it made me fine, thin, color treated hair a tangly dry mess! I have no problem detangling my hair post-shower, but this made my hair feel so dry and straw like when it was wet. The only redeeming factor is the clean, citrus-y smell. I was so unimpressed with these I doubt I will finish the rest of the product. I've had my hair feel 10x with drugstore hair care.

About reviewer (216 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

Got the PhD trial set to try out as Living Proof gets rave reviews. This shampoo, though. It has got nothing in common with perfect hair. It smells nice, has a clean, maybe citrusy smell, but it's not like super good. Lathers nicely and rinses easily, but it's not good at its main function - getting hair clean. Using it together with other PhD products made my hair ridiculously gross to touch and weighted down after about a week, so much that I had to use a clarifying shampoo. I also tried it with different conditioner and it behaves the same way. I dunno how the healthy hair molecule is supposed to work, I don't know anyone IRL who uses LP, but it didn't seem to perform the magic on my hair. This shampoo also made my scalp itchy within the test week, so there's that.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Pricey but worth it. I have very long very straight fine hair and lots of it. It is oily at the scalp and dry towards the ends, and I live in the upper midwest where it can get very very humid. This combined with the conditioner and the over night conditioner 1x a week has given my hair the dream texture I've been wanting for years. I usually blow dry it 3/4 of the way the put it in a low very loose bun to dry the rest of the way with some salt spray. I end up with a perfect amount of wave, not greasy, volumized look (like Blake Lively) Usually if I use my 3 min miracle / aussie volumizing combo I end up with volume and a slight wave but no texture and it's gone within an hour once I let it out of the bun.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I purchased this to see if it would make a noticeable difference in my hair and it did not. For the price, I thought it would. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (877 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

Pros: - Gives my fine, wavy hair shine and body - Somewhat reduces frizz - Hair looks nice on the second day (my scalp is neither dry nor particularly oily) Cons: - Pricey - Packaging is so so, somewhat hard to dispense the product - Strong chemical scent, I personally dislike it, and it lingers. Overall verdict: One lippie off for the less than stellar smell, but it's not bad enough to remove this from my rotation of hair care.

About reviewer (573 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

My hair is long and slightly wavy. As I have gotten older, it has been afflicted by frizz, especially in the summer. I have put off trying Living Proof for years, mostly because of the smell. It's strong, it's not natural, and by no means does it dissipate quickly. But they make travel sizes now, and the frizz was really getting to me, so I gave it a go. I got some rather stunning results with the shampoo, conditioner, and in-shower styling product. Smoothness, shine, and body like I hadn't seen in awhile. But no, I can't stand smelling like that! I had to pull my hair back, and even then I was in a bothersome cloud of harsh, synthetic fragrance. I ditched the in-shower styling product the next time I shampooed. I found just the shampoo and conditioner to be less offensive, and the results almost as good. But I can't love it. The scent is the deal breaker. I'll probably save it for occasions when I simply have to look polished.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

My hair: oily at scalp, dry and coarse at the ends, colour treated, wavy, extremely frizzy. After each wash I style my hair straight with round brush and dryer. I was on my quest to find a decent hair line, which would help me keep my hair in "normal" condition. Generally I rarely had bought any hair product twice. It was always something not ok... To drying, to rich, made my hair dull, frizzy, make their condition or appearance worse, etc... I saw the commercial in magazine and bought the whole line (shampoo, conditioner and styling treatment). Let me just say, that this line is in use exclusively now (for 2 years). Nothing before had made my hair look and feel so good. My scalp loves it to. My hair now: shiny, silky, straight. No flyaways, no frizz, no split ends. I can go longer between washes, twice a week is enough. I have also noticed, the much less of my hair falls out during washes and my scalp is in very good condition. If I switch to different shampoo (if it runs out and I forget to get a new bottle) I see the difference right away. Even if I keep the rest of the PhD stuff in the routine. Cons: I have noticed, that after prolonged use it can build up and make hair dull. My solution: always wash hair twice, first - using klorane and then PhD shampoo. The procedure keeps the pros and gets rid off the cons :) In my opinion, living proof is a good line, but not if prolonged use. The miracle particles starts to build up upon hair strand and make it look like damaged straw. Moreover the hair start to be gunky and sticky is some way, thus while browdrying or brushing you put more tension than usual which could also be damaging. What I noticed is that to avoid that you need to use really tiny amount of conditiones and styling products, so the next time your hair is being shampooed, all of the residue is gone. Otherwise you will get build up soon.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age36-43