Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.5

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this to see if it would make a noticeable difference in my hair and it did not. For the price, I thought it would. I will not repurchase.

on 9/30/2016 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was excited to try living proofs PHD based on reviews on MUA and an experience I had with a sample. So I shelled out $25 for the shampoo and $25 for the conditioner. One of its claims is that you can extend hair washing because of a special molecule that helps protect the hair. As someone with dry skin and a newborn, this was a huge pro.

Initially, the shampoo helped cleanse my hair gently but over time, it made my hair gummy and dirty looking. Even after clarifying, my hair felt heavy. Though I enjoy the smell, it seems like many don't.
Another con is the packaging. The bottles are very hard to get product out of.

Basically, I would never pay this much for the shampoo again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought the starter pack that came with the PHD shampoo, conditioner, and 5 in 1 styling cream. I love all of the products. I have a dry scalp, long hair, generally not very greasy but would wash my hair 3 to 4 times a week because of product build up. With LP I only have to wash my hair 2x a week. my hair stays clean longer and when I use dry shampoo in between it is more effective. It is very expensive, but I don't use a lot because I don't have to shampoo as much. The starter pack easily lasted 2 months and I still have the styling cream. I thought my love for LP was all in my head so I went back to cheaper stuff and regretted it a week later. My only con is that the packaging sucks, it is hard to squeeze the bottles. Next time I will get the big sizes with pumps but it will cost $120 which is unsettling. However, these keeps my hair just like Jennifer Annistons, lung, smooth and straight with minimal effort.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a new shampoo that was more high end and this one had good rating and I gave it a try.

I didnt really like it. The shampoo was mediocre. It didnt really keep my hair cleaner longer. My dove shampoo and conditioner does a better job. My hair didnt really feel soft and looked like it lost some shine. I didnt like the smell of it, it was pleasing the least bit. The bottle was very hard to squeeze I would drop it in the shower because I would lose my grip after squeezing it too hard. Once it got down to 1/4 of it, I threw it out. I wanted to like it but I just couldn't.

You heard it from Jackie Rudetski

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo really does give you a perfect hair day! I have very fine, wavy hair that is prone to frizz and flyaways. I always let my hair air dry, and when I use this product, I'm left with healthy looking hair! It gives me volume without frizz and a deep shine. Everything I could ask for in a shampoo, especially for the hefty price tag. The bottle says, keeps hair looking cleaner longer. I can't say if that is true because I still need to wash my hair daily with my extremely oily scalp.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin and thus - easily greasy hair, so I was intrigued by the motto of this shampoo to make hair "cleaner, longer." This doesn't happen right away - you do have to use it for about a week before your hair acclimates to the product a little bit. It feels a little bit slimy at first (for someone who prefers the "squeaky" feeling of super-clarifying shampoos) and heavy, but once you have used it for about a week, then it does what it promises. If you can afford using this every day, it's a great product.

Popular Shampoos