Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD)

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.0

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), PCA Glyceryl Oleate, Behenyl Alcohol, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, IPDI/PEG-15 Soyamine Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (Thickening Agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-47, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glyceride, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride.

on 11/15/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I received both the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner in a trial size from ULTA, and I'm glad I didn't pay much for that because these are not worth the hype (no hair product will ever make me look like Jen Aniston, but I digress). The shampoo lathered fine, and rinsed well. My main gripe is with the conditioner: it made me fine, thin, color treated hair a tangly dry mess! I have no problem detangling my hair post-shower, but this made my hair feel so dry and straw like when it was wet. The only redeeming factor is the clean, citrus-y smell. I was so unimpressed with these I doubt I will finish the rest of the product. I've had my hair feel 10x with drugstore hair care.

on 11/5/2016 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, I have never really had a terrible experience with a shampoo before like I have with this one. I have been using the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner for a week now and I've developed dandruff and really greasy hair. I've never had an issue with both and now all of a sudden, I have them at the same time! What. the. hell. It's extremely disgusting and even my boyfriend has noticed the terrible flaky dandruff. I also usually shower at night, so I can straighten my hair in the morning, but when I wake up, my hair looks greasy like I haven't washed it for days! And let me tell you I can go 3 days without washing it until it looks kind of greasy. My hair did not like this and I don't recommend this shampoo. Not worth a single penny, to be honest.

I have hair that has a little wave but manages to get both really frizzy and really oily. This shampoo and conditioner did absolutely NOTHING for me- even my usual shampoo that contains sulfates works better. It felt ok in the shower, but when I blow dried it my hair ended up looking like hay. It was so dry. The next day when I went to the salon my hairdresser asked me what the hell I had done to damage my hair so much in a day. This is especially disappointing because of the price tag. It smells heavenly, and I wouldn't mind buying it again if it actually did good, but for it to do this to my hair, the price is ridiculous. I'm even contemplating throwing away the $50 worth of product because I just can't stand what it does to my hair. It's a shame, because I really wanted to like it.

on 4/28/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product, but I didn't. It is over priced, especially for the amount that I had to use to get a good clean and lather. I know this shampoo is free of sulfates (making it hard to lather) but the amount of product I needed to use was crazy. I also didn't care for the smell and it didn't do much for my hair. I will not be repurchasing

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It is the best shampoo I have ever used..ever. I use the PHD line plus the texture mist. A little about my hair: I have fine hair, but a lot of hair. I also have the kind of hair you hate washing because it looses texture, shape and life after you wash it. My hair is in generally good condition; only gets a little dry when I heat style too often. I am currently growing out my pixie so length is all over. My hair is currently not colored. My hair gets greasy around day 3; I use a dry shampoo and cond. to extend into 5 days. without washing. On to the shampoo...

I have been using this shampoo for about 3 months now. I am going to start off with the smell; I LOVE it. Even if this shampoo sucked I would buy it for the smell. It smells similar to Prada Amber IMO, and I wear that scent often so it makes a perfet layer effect. The product is a pearl colored shampoo that works into a good foamy lather. The lather feels plush in a way when I work it in. When I rinse my hair feels clean but not dry. When my hair dries (after using PHD cond. and 5-1 styling treatment) my hair is bouncy, shiny and feels smooth. I don't find this giving me tons of volume; but enough to make me not cringe washing my hair because I'll loose all the texture I need to make my pixie look good. As for the claims of "hair feels cleaner longer" I can agree with this statment. I can now stretch 4 days without washing or needing dry shampoo, before using PHD it was 2-3.

The product comes in a sleek grey and white bottle. I love the packing. Its modern and clean, just like the product itself. Also big whoo-hoo on being sulfate free. I paid $24 for 8 ox. I don't feel like I paid too much for the amount of product; You don't need much product to get your hair cleanand the results and smell are worth it in opinion. Have repurchsed and will continue to.

on 5/7/2014 6:21:00 PM

This shampoo(as well as the conditioner and styling treatment) are truly amazing. PHD is my HG line for sure. Together these three products have made my hair soft, silky, bouncy, and fuller looking. It just improves my hair overall and makes it look and feel healthy. But about the shampoo in particular: this is a sulfate(and silicone) free shampoo. I have dry, heat damaged hair so I am always looking for a shampoo that will be super gentle and moisturizing. Out of the bottle, the product is thick creamy and whitish in colour. I find the smell herbal yet feminine, and very pleasant. This stuff lathers beautifully with only a small amount of product, cleans it well, and yet doesn't strip it at all. In fact it actually conditions my hair; it smooths hair and helps remove tangles instead of creating them. Usually after I shampoo, my hair feels tangled and dry, like it is begging for conditioner. It doesn't feel stripped like that after using this product. Of course I still wouldn't dream of skipping conditioning, but I wouldn't no matter how moisturizing my shampoo was. All in all, it is a real pleasure to use, it feels so luxurious. And the result is wonderful silky healthy hair as I said above, although I have only used it with the conditioner of the same line, so I cannot say to what degree the results are due to the shampoo. But I know for sure that this duo cleanses well, moisturizes well, and is so lightweight it really gives my hair body. Well done Living Proof!

Popular Shampoos