Cargo Swimmables Water Resistant Blush - Los Cabos

3.8

on 4/30/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My fav of the warm toned blushes! This is a brown-orange blush with a coppery gold sheen. When applied it is just breathtaking! I would compare it to NARS 'orgasm' or very comparable TheBalm 'hot mama'. I love this for the beach, evenings out or just hanging by the pool...Gorgeous colour payoff!! It is just B E A U T I F U L!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Los Cabos is the richest warmest tone from swimmable collection. It has very light but buildable to bright super shimmery color. If I apply it with a brush to my medium warm completion it looks like golden-orange highlighter, no way I can make it look like a blush, it's way too subtle for my skin. However it will suits fair skinned gals.
If I apply it with finger that I swipe around blush surface for couple of times it does looks like a blush. The problem is that I don't like a finger application.
Pros:
- great staying power (thought it won't survive swim, only single fast dip in a pool)
- buildable color
- very flattering shade for my medium warm completion
- light and minimal easy to travel packaging
Cons:
- too light pigment to be applied with a brush on tanned / medium tanned skin
- brakes out my sensitive skin

I love this. It's so beautiful and stays all day for me. I did find a dupe in a cream from NYX at ulta which is hydrating bec of its texture. But I love cargo and NYX so I have both. It really beautiful with small gold flecks and an orange peach hot pink all in one. Very beachy!!

on 2/20/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My local place had a huge sale on this brand, so I perused. Ah, blush-- but I wanted something a little bold since I go very light on eyes and lips. Los Cabos isn't really matte (although that's what the company's description claims). No, it's a little more fine and glowish. Or clownish if you go all out, and that is easy to do. The iridescence and warm, Mountain Dew Code Red flush is great on medium to dark skin tones. I think on fair-skinned friends this will read really makeup-y, but it's still a lovely color. Bonus- it plays well with others and layering it with a pink takes it to a new level of lusciousness. Ok, so why 3 stars? If you're gonna call this "swimmable," it should stay and stay. I'm seeing fading after work. Granted, I'm oily as BP's latest oops, and I work long hours, but I was reeeaaalllly hoping for some staying power seeing as it's the only noticeable makeup I put on.