Escada Born in Paradise

3.7

on 2/8/2016 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A summer-y, youthful fragrance. It definitely has a fruity scent to it, but also a strong underlaying tone of coconut, which is perhaps what I like the most about it. Escada always makes nice, easy to wear perfumes that rarely disappoints. Lately I've been feeling like they rarely excite me much either, though. I feel like I might be outgrowing Escada, instead going for more "adult" and sensual fragrances. It's still a really pleasant fragrance though, to a pretty good price.

on 8/9/2014 3:05:00 PM

This perfume is really fruity and sweet, normally the type of scents I go for. When you first spray it, it has a strong fresh fruit smell. I can instantly smell a citrus smell and pineapple then when it settles a creamy, sweet coconut smell. I can smell some watermelon but it is not very strong. To me, it isn't sickly sweet as it is balanced out by softer notes such as floral and musk.

I am very familiar with Escada perfumes and have been a fan from 2005. I like most of them but for me this isn't their best. i don't think it is strong enough and it doesn't seem to stay on as long as the others. My favourite would probably be Taj Sunset, its more sweeter and stronger and seems to last longer.

However, I do like this scent a lot as it reminds me of summer! and it is different from the other Escada perfumes in terms of scent but i would not repurchase only because I have been happier with Escasda's other perfumes.

on 2/20/2014 3:27:00 PM

The lastest (2014) LE from Escada is more like some of LE's of old. Have to say that the last few didn't do anything for me. But this one ... had to get it ... didn't blow my socks off on first spritz ... but a nice pick-me-up gift to myself for a dreary February.

"Inspired by exotic locales where your spirit flies free. It is a delicious cocktail of ingredients that excites the senses with refreshing notes of pineapple, watermelon, and guava over a heart of coconut that adds depth and a creamy, velvety sensation."

I've heard it called a Pina Colada. For me, not enough 'pina' (pineapple/fresh) ... too much 'colada' (coconut/milky/warm).

The initial scent is where the fruitiness comes in. Maybe not quite sparkling enough ... but yummy, fruity, and warm. But those notes disappeared so quickly (15 minutes) on me and then it stayed very creamy, warm and VERY coconut. If you love coconut -- this is for you.

The coconut is pleasant enough ... but very one note -- and unlike the initial notes (oh why did they disappear!), the drydown does stick around. For me, that part of the scent is too 'warm' for summer ... I need coconut with some freshness.

Worth spritzing on multi-times a day this Spring. By summer, I'll need something fresher.

I wonder what other MUAers think of the drydown base notes ...

on 2/26/2014 10:58:00 PM

I have been purchasing the Escada LEs for quite some time (starting with my absolute fave, Ibiza Hippie). They all have been similar, either having a citrusy or berry-ish fruity-floral type scent. Born in Paradise is different because Escada has added coconut to the mix. I smell the pineapple note immediately upon spraying, but it disappears very quickly IMO. I do not get the watermelon note at all (thankfully, bec most watermelon notes turn to cantaloupe which I don't care for). They drydown is a creamy guava/coconut scent (sweet, but not too sweet). I'm not really into too many coconut scents anymore (used to LOVE them), but this combo works for me :) As with all Escadas, the scent doesn't last long (abt 4 hours for me), but I don't care. I love the Escada bottles -- they remind me of summer and that sure puts a smile on my face (especially now in snowy February)!

on 5/2/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The first smell that hits me is fresh fruit. It's light & airy & fresh. It smells like pineapple. The fresh fruit starts to recede to the background & i get warm creamy coconut. This perfume is very fresh, beachy, light. It's your typical beachy, fruity scent that most perfume houses seem to have. I like it better the longer it sits on my skin.Once the fruity pineapple leaves the scene & am left with coconut creamy goodness. Very comforting & warm. Lovely.

I'm just seriously in love with this scent right now! It's this creamy tropical scent. I can smell Guava, Pineapple, Coconut Milk, Jasmine Tea, Musk... But mainly the coconut. Which I love! On me this fragrance lasts for about 5 hours. I bought the tiniest travel size first, but I recently bought the large bottle at sephora because I can't get enough of this coconutty scent.

Popular Fragrances