Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Lovelight

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Lovelight
Revolution Lipstick in Lovelight

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the Vice Lipstick in Lovelight.

I went to a free standing UD store after work one day as I was in the mood for a 'mlbb' shade. I was curious about the new Vice lipsticks and I had my eye on Streak. I like the colour but it's very similar to the YSL #34 Rose lipstick that I already own.
The SA suggested Lovelight for my Asian NC30 colouring and it is like 'mlbb'.

My lips are quite pigmented so by itself it looks very natural on me. In fact, it can look like I'm not wearing any lipstick, depending on the lighting and how much I apply. This is one drawback for me as I need to some sort of colour to brighten up my complexion.
I find wearing a gloss will help somewhat.
I will say that right now, I'm wearing this lipstick with a rosy lip liner and coral/pink lip stain which definitely brightens up my face.

The formula is creamy and doesn't drag when I apply which is what I noticed with the Revolution lipsticks. Staying power is so so because of the formula.

Overall, a good lipstick for a natural look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

On my third tube and going to buy another. Very hydrating and excellent color pay off.

Ok, I can see how this might not be loved by everyone. It's not super opaque, which is what most people seem to want. And it's a shimmer lipstick...which I usually hate. HOWEVER, this lipstick really seems to work for me. With my fair skin (and lips), this shade comes off like I'm wearing liquid rose gold. AND I LOVE IT! It's definitely more glossy than my other UD Revolution lipsticks. In fact, I think this is probably better categorized into their Sheer line. You are able to build the color a bit to really make the rosy gold pop, which is my favorite way to wear it. I didn't notice any of the gritty texture that other people complained about. Nor do I feel like it settled into the lines on my lip. It's definitely gives me a natural look indoors and then a super radiant glow in sunlight. If you're fair skinned, I totally recommend checking this out next time you're in Ulta or Sephora. Run it across your hand 2-3 times and you'll see what I mean!!

on 4/17/2015 1:31:00 PM

Out of the 4 UD Revolution lipsticks I own, this is my least favorite. I actually hated it at first, but I've come to enjoy it more. It's peachy-pink with shimmer. The shimmer isn't THAT fine, and it can have a gritty feel. It also doesn't last very long, unlike the others which wear like iron. A liner underneath extends wear considerably. But it does leave an uber-pretty glow on the lips, and if you're into natural-with-a-kick lippies, this is one to check out!

on 12/6/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is a very interesting lipstick. When I first swiped it on my hand, the first thing that came to my mind was Mac's nymphette gloss because of the gold shimmer. It's really pretty! The swatch was so pretty and hypnotizing that I had to purchase it, not really thinking about how it would look on my lips.

This is a coral lipstick with gold shimmer. The shimmer is subtle from a distance but definitely noticeable up close-- that being said, the shimmer is nice and gives lips a glow. Definitely not "sparkly" or "glittery." On my lips (naturally a purple color, which sometimes makes me look dead or really cold), it looks like a golden-coral shade, true to the tube. However, be aware that your lips must be moisturized prior to using this. The shimmer will slide into the cracks of your lips if they're not moist and plump. It's not overly drying and glides on nicely. It will be patchy if your lips are dry, though.

I like it more than I expected to, but I don't love it. It's a nice lipstick to wear every once in a while, but I wouldn't want my lips to "glow" like this all the time.

To cut down on the shimmer, I suggest topping with a gloss. This would be a nice lipstick to add on top of a very bold color that needed toning down.

This would be a nice summer shade for all skin types (I think it would look amazing on darker tones), or a good everyday shade for those who look nice in coral and like shimmery lipsticks.

Lovely lipstick from Urban Decay, a brand that I LOVE!
Great colour with my pale skin.
Not to much shimmer, subtle.
The colour goes on very smooth and stays for a really long time!
I do put it over a moisterizer for the lips, when I wear lipstick my lips tend to dry out.
Packaging is very luxurious, and the price is (in my opinion) ok.

on 2/19/2014 1:11:00 PM

Total fail for me. First off, the color turns an odd orangy pink on my lips and makes them look chapped. Second, it lasts a total of what, 10 minutes! For a $22 lipstick, I'd expect this to last a little longer than that.