Sigma F86 Tapered Kabuki

Sigma F86 Tapered Kabuki

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Sorry to ruin the rating but I found it pretty disappointing and overpriced. This type of brush shape can be handy but I hate this Sigma one because of the poorly performing fibres they use. It looks plush and looks soft but these brushes soak up your foundation and clings to it in big greasy clumps. Heaps of product gets wasted and the foundation smears on in thick streaks.

This brush never seems to wash clean. Despite washing several times the hairs still seem "greasy" and clump together. Same with the other Sigma foundation brushes I brought. Maybe their other brushes are good but If you're on the fence with this I say give Sigma a "PASS" and try these instead:

HIGH END:
- IT Cosmetics OMG Foundation Brush

MID END:
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (firm)
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush (medium firm)
(NOT the Real Techniques regular foundation brush, its too small for anything except under eye concealer).

My Real Techniques and IT Cosmetics brushes have been washing clean easily and returning back to plushy newness for several months now. I have more control with these brushes too. Because the bristles don't clump together I can choose whether I want a thin or thick layer of foundation, I can do both. The Sigma one smeared it on in thick streaks. I never use it anymore and regret wasting my money.

on 4/28/2014 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this brush in the Jaclyn Hill sigma brush set. She uses it for undereye concealer, and that's what I use it for as well. It's fantastic. Instead of spending time dabbing in the concealer with my fingers, I just swipe some under my eyes and blend with this brush. I am able to control the placement and it blends my concealer quickly. That's good for me, because I usually layer a corrector and concealer under my eyes. The brush picks up excess product if you use too much, and just blends a thin layer of the product evenly. So you'll want to use a pretty pigmented concealer with this. Overall I'm very happy with this brush. I think it is fairly unique and now holds a specific important job in my brush collection.

Popular Makeup Brushes