NYX Professional Makeup Dark Circle Concealer

NYX Professional Makeup Dark Circle Concealer
NYX Dark Circle concealer in DeepDark Circle concealer Swatch of Dark Circle concealer

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Carnauba, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Euphorbia Cerifera Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

I can not recommend this. I didn't realize just how much this was the problem with how bad my under-eyes looked until I on a whim bought the Hard Candy peach corrector. This NYX one must be just too thick and cakey, and I thought I was simply getting older and was going to have to put up with under-eyes looking worse. It's even made my eyelids look worse, and I think it's the thickness and cakiness. This might work on less delicate skin on other areas, but it is a big zero for under-eyes. For that area the HC one runs circles around this NYX one, and I wouldn't recommend this now to anyone.

Still need to try the Benefit one, but please do not waste your money on this NYX one.

on 9/13/2018 7:57:00 AM

Reassured by how many people swore by it online, I tried so hard to make this product work. To no avail: coverage is fine when you first apply it, but it tends to migrate down my cheeks within a few hours of application and make my dark circles as obvious as if I wore nothing to cover them. Besides, the finish is very powdery (on me anyway) and it definitely sets into fine lines. It always ages my eye area a lot when I use it, causing anything that I put on top of it (foundation, tinted moisturizer, concealer) to cake up.

on 8/12/2018 11:03:00 PM

I have dark circles and deep tear troughs under my eyes combined with some fine lines that get accentuated if drying concealers are used. I have tried a TON of correctors. Yellow, orange, salmon, peach etc. High end brands like Becca and Tarte to drugstore brands like ELF and Pixi. This so far is one of my top 3. It is not drying and does not accentuate lines, although it does crease a bit. The lightest shade is the most perfect pinkish colour to correct my dark circles for my super fair skin. The only con to this corrector is that it is not pigmented enough and I have to keep applying layers to get coverage and then have to go over with a regular concealer. If it were more medium-full coverage I’d be happy to use it alone because it does look natural. I will still likely repurchase though as the colour itself is the best i’ve found so far.

I would repurchase this because I'm still looking for the perfect concealer.

However - I don't get what all the hype is all about. The pros: it contains coconut oil and the coverage is decent. I don't like the texture - it's powdery and it sinks into the small skin creases. I just don't like the look of my undereye area after I put it on. For such a small amount of product I think the price tag is too high.

on 4/30/2018 4:23:00 PM

I really like this for my under eye area and on my lids as a primer. Great coverage and applies smoothly (I use an E.L.F concealer brush to apply). It lasts well as a primer but needs to be reapplied under my eyes after 4-5 hours.

on 4/3/2018 10:11:00 PM

Hands down, this is the best dark circle corrector I have found, and I've tried many. I am very pale and use the lightest shade. The formulation is very lightweight and does not accentuate fine lines. It is buildable without looking cakey or obvious. It tones down but does not completely cover my dark circles, but it's pretty good. I can use it alone or put additional concealer over the top for more coverage. The price is super cheap. This is a great product and I will buy again and again.

on 3/27/2018 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm really glad that I found this product, its been a holy grail! I don't know why I never hear about this in top drugstore concealers. I really do have dark circles and hollows under my eyes and no concealer ever helps. In fact they usually make it look worse and crease in all my fine lines. But, I use a concealer brush with this and pat it into the spots I need it under my eyes. I will also pat it in with my finger. I don't take it all the way up to my eye so I don't get creases or caking. On days I feel I need a bit more coverage I will layer wet n wild photo focus concealer only in the darkest part under my eyes.

Also, I only use this for concealing my under eyes. I don't use this for contouring or brightening or "the triangle of light". I don't cake concealer on my face like a youtuber.

It really doesn’t give me the correction I need. My dark circle r medium but still the color isn’t pigmented enough to give me correction. Also the consistency is thick which I don’t prefer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My dark circles are bad, but I no longer have patience to layer 3-4 products to completely cover them unless it's a special occasion. So this is what I use on a daily basis, on top of my sunscreen or tinted moisturizer. I'm NC15 and use Light 02 because my circles are a dark purple. It's a light salmon shade, but has a bit of peach mixed in so it looks natural with my skin tone without having to layer another concealer on top.

I press it onto the discoloration with the pad of my finger and then blend the edges with a brush. The texture is very thin and emollient, so it can be layered a couple of times without looking cakey. I do not set it with powder. I have the driest skin under the eyes and this keeps my skin looking moist and youthful all day. Amazingly, it doesn't slip into my fine lines and stays put even in super hot weather. I much prefer this to similar higher end correctors which I found thick, sticky, cakey, and unnatural when worn alone. It's also an absolute bargain, specially considering that a little pot lasts for ages.

This will work for you if:

- you have very dry skin under the eyes
- you're okay with light coverage
- you want a "one and done" type of concealer/corrector
- you're not concerned with perfection

on 11/17/2017 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve tried so many times to make this work because I hear so many people talk about how great peach correctors are for dark circles. It does almost nothing for my circles and it makes my concealer crease something awful! Definitely not the product for me.