Milani Baked Powder Blush - Bella Rosa 11

Milani Baked Powder Blush - Bella Rosa 11

4.9

Not tested on animals

Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Nylon-12, Isostearyl Sebacate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Stearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-75 Stearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Red 7 (CI 15850). /- May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 27 (CI 45410).

Hi guys!

I bought the Milani Baked Blush and I love it! It's such a nice color and OMG that pigment!
My favorite part about the blush - is the price! it is affordable :)

on 4/28/2017 8:01:00 AM

After loving the Luminoso blush I wanted to see what else was on offer at Milano. Bella Rosa is just so bloody gorgeous, I`m seriously thinking of buying their whole line of blushes. I am very fair skinned, so just a light sweep of this in a C-shape on my face and I am good to go. It keeps me looking alive even on my worst days and oily skinned ladies, this one will last on you. Just such a gorgeous color, it`s even better than some of my high end stuff.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ok I thought i liked Luminoso but i loveeeee this! I ripped open the mail package and rejoiced when i saw this. It is such a beautiful dark pink (think fuchsia) that is so smooth and pigmented. When i saw pigmented, i really mean pigmented!
It gave a beautiful wash of color over my NC42-44 skin. But i made the mistake of swirling my brush in this pot. I ended up with intensely red-pink cheekbones. After lots of buffing and blending, i finally achieved a natural, but very discernible flush..which i absolutely love.
This is the one blush that excites me the most in my *growing* collection of blushes.
I'm sure anyone can carry it. But if you are very light-skinned, please apply with caution! Darker-skinned beauties are gonna absolutely slay in this!
Oh and did i mentioned that it lasted and lasted all day long on my very oily skin, even after blotting many times? Winner!

on 8/9/2015 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this for around $8 CDN. Eight bucks well spent, lemme tell you. With the tiniest dab of a brush, this stuff imparts a nice matte deep hot pink flush that lasts well and looks good on my light olive/yellow skin.

Now, when I say 'tiniest dab', I mean it. I would not advise swiping or swirling your brush unless you really want your cheeks to glow like a beacon from far away. The pigment is intense. Use way less than you think you'll need, and blend like you mean it. Because you require so little for each application, this blush will last you forever; when my descendants are living on the Mars colony, they'll be using this same compact and looking fly, and they still won't have hit pan yet.

The packaging is retro-tacky and a bit tricky to get open at first. The blush flips up to reveal a mirror and a useless flat brush. Get rid of the brush and use the compartment to hide secret things in instead.

on 8/12/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this blush a while ago and then just left it in my makeup drawer without opening it. Yesterday I finally tried it, being careful to pick up the tiniest amount possible before applying and blending.

For reference, my skin tone is very cool and quite pale. MAC NW10 or NW15 depending on the season.

This blush is so pigmented that it's easy to apply too much, and IMO it is best applied with a fan brush which doesn't pick up much pigment at once. I'm still undecided as to whether the shade suits me, but it remained on for several hours and was still obvious when I washed my face before bed.

I checked off "no" regarding buying it again simply because it will take forever to hit pan.

on 1/19/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When I try to picture what the peeps at Milani were thinking when they were making this blush, I could imagine nothing but evil scientists sitting around the table, laughing hysterically with thunder cracking in the distance, and newspapers littered the streets with "HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR???" headlines. And that is exactly what I feel as well when I apply this blush to face. Grab some popcorn people, this is gonna be a long story.
It is now winter. I have become ghastly pale and worse so, extremely pallid, lifeless looking. Honestly, with no makeup on I look like a corpse. I have yellow undertone (forget NC10-15, I'm a solid C, there's nothing neutral about it), and all my foundations also have yellow undertone, so they help knock out the greyish tint, but I end up looking like a white ceramic vase. I'm also getting into cool toned lipsticks, but this season, they always end up draining every little last bit of warmth from my face. I'm so frustrated with all my sheeny pinky, coral blushes, I don't get it, their pigmentation is great, they work wonderfully for me in the summer, but now they are all useless. As heavy handed as I am with them, I still can't help but cringe every time I look at myself in the mirror. There was just something missing.
I saw this on sale for dirt cheap and just one look inside the pan, I was in love. I grabbed it and I ran (for the counter, to pay, ofc). As I got home, I popped it open immediately and first finger swatch, Holy. Molly. Cow. The powder is super pigmented, so fine, so soft, I just swirl my finger in there like less than twice and already got the full colour as in the pan. I didn't find any dust kicking up at all. With that kind of colour payoff, if it was powdery or somehow broken, it would be an awful mess to clean up. Knowing from the swatch it was going to be WILD, I carefully gently dab my brush on it but STILL! My brush was drenched in that wash of vibrant hot pink. I tapped a lot off, hard, and gingerly touched my face with the blush. It was a shock, initially, but the more I looked at it, the more I felt... It just looked so right. I tried to blend it out, and it blended out so easily, and from two huge red dots on my face, it spread evenly all over my cheek into a flush of colour that strongly reminded me of the tinge I usually get after the cold dry winter winds slapped the hell out of it, as if I was out for a run in bone chill weather. I was immensely happy. I started wearing it on a daily basis, I'm having serious trouble weaning off it by now.
I honestly didn't think it would be great on me, I thought this was for sure for the ladies and men with deeper complexions. I think the reason why it works so well despite my colouring of translucent rice paper wrapping is because 1/ the colour. It's a hot pink, however the red tone is also very apparent, it mimics the natural red colour of blood coming through skin so beautifully. When I put it on, in my head I keep silently screaming "BLOOD FLOW! VITALITY!", which is precisely what I need so much in my life right now. 2/ it's because it's matte. Glowing cheeks in the winters just undermines the colours in my opinion. Especially when you're as dead-looking as I am, there's no need to be shy about it. I want to look red in the face, I want to look alive. I don't mind it being visible at all.
I can't help smiling while I look at myself wearing it. This is one of the more outrageous colours that not many people would fancy, but once you have it you can't help craving for more. It's a bit of extravaganza that we all need to make life more fun. Looking at all these glowing reviews, I'm so happy for everyone who's got it, I know you're all enjoying yourselves so very much.
Would I purchase this again? Would I even NEED to? In this lifetime? Probably not. Unless I'm afraid I'll lose it or break it. I hope Milani would come out with more matte blushes too. But in the meantime, I can't wait to get my hands on Red Vino and Berry Amore. Mad props to Milani, and your evil scientists.

on 6/27/2015 1:33:00 PM

My skin tone is neutral so I am able to wear either warm or cool shades.
This color looks so bright that I was thinking that there is no way this can look anything but clownish. However, when applied with a very light hand, it gives a natural-looking blush to my cheeks. Kind of like when I've been exercising in cold weather. When I say to use a very light hand, I really mean it. This could very easily look clownish and it would work well as stage make-up because it is incredibly pigmented.
I had to take off a lippy because of the frustratingly ridiculous container. It's a PITA to open. Product will likely last for a long time because you only need to use one gentle tap of your brush for each application.

on 7/3/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This blush is a much higher quality than the rose blushes by the same brand. In the pan it is a very pretty bright warm pink and is pretty true to that on the cheeks, though more natural. It blends fairly easily and with a very light hand looks like a natural flush on the cheeks. Good pigment and I need to use so little it should last for a very long time.

on 7/23/2015 8:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This blush will give you the perfect Snow White rosy flush. I applied it at 10am this morning and the blush was still visible when I washed my face at 7:45 tonight. I also love Delizioso Pink. These cruelty free blushes are pigmented and excellent for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE 6.15.2015: It appears that this is a blush color that mimics the barely imperceptible cheek color changes that occur during the most sexually heightened state of one's menstrual cycle (the estrus phase). Otherwise, I just cannot explain the sudden onslaught of interest from the menfolk, which is occurring outside of the estrus phase of cycle.

Yay, I guess? :/

Also, with this stuff, more is NOT better. In practice, it's so very, very, VERY pigmented that you can apply the residue of the previous day's application and still achieve another full application. Holy heck. Still giving this five lippies, even though it's kind of the nuclear option as far as blushes go.

===

Bought this after the review that appears just below this one caught my eye (and then reading the rest). The description of it was just too intriguing not to give it a shot, though I have to admit that this is a color that is completely unlike any other blush I've used before.

You look at it in the package and wonder how on earth it could possibly look good, let alone look good on skin that's pretty darn fair (as mine is). This is one of those times where it *really* pays off to check out the reviews. I don't think I ever would have considered this shade otherwise.

1. The reviews helped me understand what kind of look this might create (Sharnidh's "just came out of the snow" is a brilliant and accurate description).

2. I learned that this really needs to be applied with an incredibly light touch. Had I applied it the way I usually do, I would have absolutely ended up looking like a clown. Instead, I basically tapped once into the pan, whisked off some of the powder on the top of my hand and only then actually brushed it onto my cheeks.

It's extremely pigmented, bright and on the reddish-pink side of the spectrum compared to my usual blush (L'Oreal's Tender Rose). Because it requires a certain amount of care and finesse, I don't think it'll work it's way into my everyday routine; that said, it's a really fun and lovely color and looks more natural than you would expect it to. Also, so little product is needed that this is probably going to last a lifetime or two.

One minor con (besides the obvious you'll look bizarre if too much is used) is that this is a hard blush to find in store, even at those that carry the Milani line.

This may be San Francisco-specific, but I had to go to four different Walgreens before I found one that had anything beyond 04 or 05 in the baked blushes (this is 11 in the line — the specific store is the one just outside the 16th Street BART Station).