Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony

4.6

on 5/31/2017 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

One of the best purchases I've ever made. For years I used my faithful old school Maybelline Expert eyes brow and eye pencil in very black. Thing is, my skin is so oily I have to set the pencil with Make up Forever Aqua Seal to keep them from smearing. I don't have to set my brows with this pomade. I apply with the ABH #14 brow brush and I get nice, smear proof and waterproof brows. Plus there's a ton of product. I haven't used my brow pencils since I bought this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Ok, so before I knew you could use makeup on your eyebrows (thank you, Jenna Marbles), I had bare eyebrows...nbd because my Indian heritage had made me with naturally full eyebrows. Then, Instagram happened and "on fleek" brows were EVERYWHERE. I was in no rush to get this product because tbh, those Insta-eyebrows look awful in real life. I mean, I get it if you are in theater or do drag where you really want your features visible, but no one has eyebrows that are sharpied in.
So, I use using a Wet N Wild black matte eye shadow to fill in and sparse spots and just have them look a little more even. But I had to admit...the lure of this product was more than I could resist and I finally splurged and got the pomade and brush. I was a bit surprised and how little the pot was, especially for the price, but DON'T BE! It lasts fooorreevverrr.
I can see how using a lot of this can give you the crazy dark eyebrows but I just tap my brush in and scrape the edges so I get a very precise line. It blends so nicely and even if you overdo it, you can just blend, blend, blend and look normal (so all you crazy brow people have no excuse for walking out the house looking like that!).
I am a bit worried with what happens when it dries out...I saw a chick melt it back with a lighter and another MUAer said to use oil...but I've had it for a year and it is still good, so we will see! Instead, I just flip it over on the counter while I am doing my brows so it exposed to the air just a little bit less.
It lasts all day with normal activity but ahem...rigorous activities involving pillows will cause it to fade. At the end of the day, I do find that I need to use the Makeup Eraser in addition to an oil cleanser to remove it completely though!
But yes! Buy this! It is a staple for anyone with or without eyebrows!

on 12/27/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this because one of my reliable friend suggested it. I have quite thick (but not bushy) eyebrows to start off with, but goes a little sparse throughout the end. I use this occasionally when I could be bothered to spare an extra minute to groom my brows. I guess because I don't touch this too often (maybe 4x in the past 6 months) it got eventually dried up. I followed the instructions on abh website and used a little baby oil to smoothen it. The result was rather dark and scary. For the price, i think they should work on a better packaging that closes tightly. I wouldn't repurchase it. This little tube will last til I'm probably 60, then if I need one I'll just buy a retractable pencil.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had my dipbrow for over a year now and I was so worried it would be way too dark but with a light hand it goes on nice and natural. I purchased it from sephora for about $35-39AUD and at first I thought it was quiet expensive but I've used it so many times and it is still very full so it is well worth your money. The only problem I have is that it tends to dry out over time and you have to add a tiny bit of oil ( I use a small drop of coconut oil) to make it smooth again

on 1/17/2017 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This drow dip in the colour Ebony is great for my black brows. A little bit does go a long way so you have to be careful with how much you put on your angled brush. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Also, I've only been able to find this at Sephora in Melbourne and the service at there isn't the best. Buying online attracts delivery fees which makes this product hard to get.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

BEST EYEBROW PRODUCT EVER!! Ok, I am not exaggerating when I say this, but this dipbrow stays ON for the whole day, it does not budge AT ALL. When I bought it at first, it took me about a week to get used to it, but after that my brows have never looked better. I have been running around in the rain, went to the gym, and even sleep, and it's STILL THERE. I bought my dipbrow probably around december and I barely hit pan, or glass, since it doesn't have a pan, anyway, all my friends ask me what eyebrow product I use and I always recommend this. The price is quite high, but it's sO WORTH THE MONEY.

on 11/14/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I recently purchase this and always scared before applying it! As you all know already, this is basically eyeliner but for the brows. So, if you put too much pressure it will be dark! It took me a lot of blending and cleaning up in my brows to make it less dark because I applied it a little too much. The color is PERFECT for Asians with off black eyebrow color like me. This color is close to black but more so of a ashy really dark brown. Took me nearly an hour for the first try...tsk tsk got to practice!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This pomade is my fav product for brows. A little bit goes a very long way which makes the price tag worth it. I would buy the Duo Brush along with the pomade for a worry free application.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my favourite Anastasia Brow Products. I purchase this item last year October and I still have it and it is going strong. Anastasia hit it u of the product that will hold up no matter what. The packaging of this comes in a small glass container with a golden 'A' on the lid. The bottom of the container has the name of the product, colour, and weight. This glass container does not break easily, cause I have dropped it before. The texture of this product is smooth and easy to work with. The consistency of the product is that it is super creamy and highly pigmented. A little does really go a long way. They glide on, they are easy to blend before they set. There is enough time to work with this product before it sets into place. My favorite brush to use with this product is my Essence Gel Liner brush, it is a small angled brush which is perfect for applying this product. I love this product and I would say it is definitely worth the hype. I would repurchase this product again and again, because I love how it creates such a defined brows but also a natural looking brows. I have tip, if you are buying this product, make sure it is tightly closed when you are done using it, so it does not dry out. Plus, if you store it upside down it will prevent it from drying out.

TIP : If it dries out add one drop of baby oil to bring it back to life. If you add too much baby oil add more pigment, soft kohl eyebrow or eyeliner that is some what similar to match it. I did this and I used the NYC Kohl Eyeliner in Dark Brown. It worked perfectly.

More detail review : http://allthingsbeautybymaame.blogspot.ca/2015/09/worth-hype-anastasia-dipbrow-pomade.html

I have really dark eyebrows and this fills them out perfectly! I'm constantly getting compliments on my eyebrows after switching from drugstore to this, I love it!

Popular Brows Products