Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony

Dipbrow Pomade in EbonyDipbrow Pomade in Ebony

4.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had my dipbrow for over a year now and I was so worried it would be way too dark but with a light hand it goes on nice and natural. I purchased it from sephora for about $35-39AUD and at first I thought it was quiet expensive but I've used it so many times and it is still very full so it is well worth your money. The only problem I have is that it tends to dry out over time and you have to add a tiny bit of oil ( I use a small drop of coconut oil) to make it smooth again

on 1/17/2017 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This drow dip in the colour Ebony is great for my black brows. A little bit does go a long way so you have to be careful with how much you put on your angled brush. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Also, I've only been able to find this at Sephora in Melbourne and the service at there isn't the best. Buying online attracts delivery fees which makes this product hard to get.

on 12/27/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this because one of my reliable friend suggested it. I have quite thick (but not bushy) eyebrows to start off with, but goes a little sparse throughout the end. I use this occasionally when I could be bothered to spare an extra minute to groom my brows. I guess because I don't touch this too often (maybe 4x in the past 6 months) it got eventually dried up. I followed the instructions on abh website and used a little baby oil to smoothen it. The result was rather dark and scary. For the price, i think they should work on a better packaging that closes tightly. I wouldn't repurchase it. This little tube will last til I'm probably 60, then if I need one I'll just buy a retractable pencil.

I have really dark eyebrows and this fills them out perfectly! I'm constantly getting compliments on my eyebrows after switching from drugstore to this, I love it!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This pomade is my fav product for brows. A little bit goes a very long way which makes the price tag worth it. I would buy the Duo Brush along with the pomade for a worry free application.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of my favourite Anastasia Brow Products. I purchase this item last year October and I still have it and it is going strong. Anastasia hit it u of the product that will hold up no matter what. The packaging of this comes in a small glass container with a golden 'A' on the lid. The bottom of the container has the name of the product, colour, and weight. This glass container does not break easily, cause I have dropped it before. The texture of this product is smooth and easy to work with. The consistency of the product is that it is super creamy and highly pigmented. A little does really go a long way. They glide on, they are easy to blend before they set. There is enough time to work with this product before it sets into place. My favorite brush to use with this product is my Essence Gel Liner brush, it is a small angled brush which is perfect for applying this product. I love this product and I would say it is definitely worth the hype. I would repurchase this product again and again, because I love how it creates such a defined brows but also a natural looking brows. I have tip, if you are buying this product, make sure it is tightly closed when you are done using it, so it does not dry out. Plus, if you store it upside down it will prevent it from drying out.

TIP : If it dries out add one drop of baby oil to bring it back to life. If you add too much baby oil add more pigment, soft kohl eyebrow or eyeliner that is some what similar to match it. I did this and I used the NYC Kohl Eyeliner in Dark Brown. It worked perfectly.

More detail review : http://allthingsbeautybymaame.blogspot.ca/2015/09/worth-hype-anastasia-dipbrow-pomade.html

on 11/14/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I recently purchase this and always scared before applying it! As you all know already, this is basically eyeliner but for the brows. So, if you put too much pressure it will be dark! It took me a lot of blending and cleaning up in my brows to make it less dark because I applied it a little too much. The color is PERFECT for Asians with off black eyebrow color like me. This color is close to black but more so of a ashy really dark brown. Took me nearly an hour for the first try...tsk tsk got to practice!

on 8/29/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i started using this when i decided my other dippie just wasn't cutting it anymore. this is a darker and cooler color when compared to dark brown, which i was using before. regardless of the color, dipbrow always has a smooth, creamy consistency which blends easily into the eyebrows. you can either slather it on for some fierce-as-heck eyebrows, or you can use a small amount and keep them natural. it dries to a completely waterproof and mostly smudgeproof finish- i've fallen asleep with this on and have woken up to 90% intact brows. not saying you should do that, but it just goes to show, this stuff lasts! i think this is a really versatile, long-lasting product for the eyebrows and i totally recommend it.

also, the amount they give you in the jar is going to last you FOREVER. it's awesome.

on 8/27/2015 12:17:00 PM

I have no eyebrows - my eyebrows are like the 5 o'clock shadow on a 12 year old adolescent and as a result I've gone through more brow products than I care to think about. But I'm never going to consider using anything other than the dipbrow pomade. I have black hair, and ebony is perfect, no reddish tones and just dark enough but not too dark.

The absolute best thing about this product is how long lasting it is - a tiny little bit goes a very long way, and my brows stay on all day, even through sweat and oil and water. Before I started using this, a little rain was enough to make me start having an identity crisis, but I can finally live without worrying now. One time I even forgot I had it on and full on scratched my eyebrow but it didn't budge at all.

Personally, I think this is an amazing value for the price, considering the pomade itself is only $18 and that little pot will last you a long, long time. I've barely made a dent in it after 3 months, and I use it every day. Considering ABH's Brow Wiz and other eyebrow pencils can cost upwards of $20 a pop and run out really quickly, this is truly a godsend.

Some criticisms I have are that I have noticed some minor acne popping up amongst my brow hairs, so I would probably recommend using a really good makeup remover to take this off. Additionally, the other criticisms about it drying out really quickly are on point, though in my case it actually works in my favor because the dried product goes on not as harshly, which is perfect for my sparse brows.

I have long been a pencil brow girl. I tried the powders, they wouldn't stay on, and I'd go back to my trusty pencil. I never thought I'd find a product that I would be using every single day in preference over pencils or anything else. This product is absolutely essential to my daily makeup routine, even when I wear little else than foundation and mascara. My brows are always done. Yes, this product is expensive, and I imagine that other companies are going to jump on creating a pomade just like this to compete with the costs, but I think for now the quality is absolutely worth it. I've heard some people say the container cracked for them, but I've dropped this thing like twenty times and not a single crack. It's very sturdy. It takes a little technique but after awhile you'll have some awesome looking brows just like the YouTube gurus. I would encourage anyone who is even a little bit curious about this product to see if they can get a sample from Sephora. Just try it out! It stays on fairly well if you're not constantly rubbing at it. Sweat really doesn't affect it, I find.

Popular Brows Products