Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Ebony
Dipbrow Pomade in EbonyDipbrow Pomade in Ebony

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I used to use a really cheap one by essence that was good for everyday use, but I decided to step it up with Anastasia due to all the good reviews. For starters, I’m not very precise with my brows, I tend to go for a natural look (some might call it lazy haha) and I just fill in my brows to add colours and boldness, not so much precision and shape.

I have to say I’m pretty disappointed with the product. You need very very very little to fill in your brows, and while that means it will last forever, I find it makes it tricky to apply because you need exactly the right amount. I find just very lightly dragging my brush through the surface of the product works best.

It’s also quite unpredictable. Half the time I use this, my brows look great, nice and full and 'fluffy' in a way, not too harsh and makes it easy to get it how I want it to look. The other half of the time, my brows look patchy and no matter what I do, it refuses to blend properly, a harsh patch or line either sticks on completely or it comes off entirely, leaving behind a bald patch. It’s like the product just glances off my skin like water on oil.

The longevity is pretty average. At the end of the day, my brows look a little faded. And considering I used to use cheap drugstore brow products that lasted longer than this, the longevity of the Anastasia pomade is a let down.

I’ve had this for about 5 months now and the formula hasn’t changed or dried up in its pot, so that’s good. I won’t repurchase this again because I think there are other better brow products out there at this price point. Though this product will probably last until retirement age, so I don’t know when repurchasing will be necessary.

EDIT: It's been another 3 months and the formula has recently become a lot smoother and easier to use. I don't have to worry about taking too much and it being too pigmented, it's become a lot easier to control. Maybe I've finally taken off the top layer of this product and am only now getting into the thick of it? I hope it sticks around.

on 12/8/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Use this to get beautiful brows! DO NOT try to be cheap and use eyeliner as brow liner. You don't want to look like Morticia Adams and have shiny brows.

I wish I had bought the Ebony instead of Dark Brown. I have black hair and the brow pencil I used was Korean and dark grey. Somehow in the very stuffy and busy Sephora I really couldn't think and had to get a Sephora SA to help me. She chose dark brown for me and I bought it.
Now dark brown is still ok but I do not like even a tinge of redness at all to show as my hair is super black. Anyway I still find it ok and now I get brows. Once I am done with dark brown (which will be in a year or so); I will get Ebony.

on 11/5/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like the way this product fills in my brows and it is very easy to shape the tail end. It lasts all day, I’ve had no problems with it at all. I was expecting a pomade to be more work than a pencil. I don’t have a super skinny angled brush that can draw hair like strokes, but my brows don’t particularly have any sparse spots so I just use a light hand and it doesn’t look too harsh. I can use a small angled brush to define the ends of my brows blend it forward to the middle and it looks very natural. Last I brush through my brows and clean up with concealer.

on 5/31/2017 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

One of the best purchases I've ever made. For years I used my faithful old school Maybelline Expert eyes brow and eye pencil in very black. Thing is, my skin is so oily I have to set the pencil with Make up Forever Aqua Seal to keep them from smearing. I don't have to set my brows with this pomade. I apply with the ABH #14 brow brush and I get nice, smear proof and waterproof brows. Plus there's a ton of product. I haven't used my brow pencils since I bought this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Ok, so before I knew you could use makeup on your eyebrows (thank you, Jenna Marbles), I had bare eyebrows...nbd because my Indian heritage had made me with naturally full eyebrows. Then, Instagram happened and "on fleek" brows were EVERYWHERE. I was in no rush to get this product because tbh, those Insta-eyebrows look awful in real life. I mean, I get it if you are in theater or do drag where you really want your features visible, but no one has eyebrows that are sharpied in.
So, I use using a Wet N Wild black matte eye shadow to fill in and sparse spots and just have them look a little more even. But I had to admit...the lure of this product was more than I could resist and I finally splurged and got the pomade and brush. I was a bit surprised and how little the pot was, especially for the price, but DON'T BE! It lasts fooorreevverrr.
I can see how using a lot of this can give you the crazy dark eyebrows but I just tap my brush in and scrape the edges so I get a very precise line. It blends so nicely and even if you overdo it, you can just blend, blend, blend and look normal (so all you crazy brow people have no excuse for walking out the house looking like that!).
I am a bit worried with what happens when it dries out...I saw a chick melt it back with a lighter and another MUAer said to use oil...but I've had it for a year and it is still good, so we will see! Instead, I just flip it over on the counter while I am doing my brows so it exposed to the air just a little bit less.
It lasts all day with normal activity but ahem...rigorous activities involving pillows will cause it to fade. At the end of the day, I do find that I need to use the Makeup Eraser in addition to an oil cleanser to remove it completely though!
But yes! Buy this! It is a staple for anyone with or without eyebrows!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

BEST EYEBROW PRODUCT EVER!! Ok, I am not exaggerating when I say this, but this dipbrow stays ON for the whole day, it does not budge AT ALL. When I bought it at first, it took me about a week to get used to it, but after that my brows have never looked better. I have been running around in the rain, went to the gym, and even sleep, and it's STILL THERE. I bought my dipbrow probably around december and I barely hit pan, or glass, since it doesn't have a pan, anyway, all my friends ask me what eyebrow product I use and I always recommend this. The price is quite high, but it's sO WORTH THE MONEY.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had my dipbrow for over a year now and I was so worried it would be way too dark but with a light hand it goes on nice and natural. I purchased it from sephora for about $35-39AUD and at first I thought it was quiet expensive but I've used it so many times and it is still very full so it is well worth your money. The only problem I have is that it tends to dry out over time and you have to add a tiny bit of oil ( I use a small drop of coconut oil) to make it smooth again

on 1/17/2017 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This drow dip in the colour Ebony is great for my black brows. A little bit does go a long way so you have to be careful with how much you put on your angled brush. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Also, I've only been able to find this at Sephora in Melbourne and the service at there isn't the best. Buying online attracts delivery fees which makes this product hard to get.

on 12/27/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this because one of my reliable friend suggested it. I have quite thick (but not bushy) eyebrows to start off with, but goes a little sparse throughout the end. I use this occasionally when I could be bothered to spare an extra minute to groom my brows. I guess because I don't touch this too often (maybe 4x in the past 6 months) it got eventually dried up. I followed the instructions on abh website and used a little baby oil to smoothen it. The result was rather dark and scary. For the price, i think they should work on a better packaging that closes tightly. I wouldn't repurchase it. This little tube will last til I'm probably 60, then if I need one I'll just buy a retractable pencil.

I have really dark eyebrows and this fills them out perfectly! I'm constantly getting compliments on my eyebrows after switching from drugstore to this, I love it!

Popular Brows Products