Clairol Herbal Essences Naked

Clairol Herbal Essences Naked

2.7

on 2/24/2017 4:00:00 PM

Terrible dry shampoo!! It makes your hair wet for about 30 seconds before it actually dries, so it's very hard to style. And once it dries, it doesn't make your hair soft or voluminous, just a little less oily. I stuck with this through the whole bottle, but I definitely don't recommend this to anyone.

on 11/24/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know whether this is formulated differently in the UK compared with the US, but I love this stuff and was quite shocked to see its low rating on here.

I've tried A LOT of different dry shampoos over the years and have never been satisfied with any of them. I've hated all the Batiste ones I've tried, despite almost everyone I know raving about them, whilst others have left my hair feeling dirty and in need of a wash. Which completely defeats the object of a dry shampoo.

This is - to date - the ONLY dry shampoo that actually delivers on the claims it makes in my opinion. Plus, unlike some others I've tried, it smells really nice too. The scent is quite subtle, but again I prefer that over the more heavily scented Batiste ones.

I find the easiest way to use this is to section off my hair, shake the can quite vigorously for about 10 seconds, then spray the product as close to my roots as I can get. I then leave it for another 10 seconds, before working it into my hair with my fingertips. Once one section is done, I'll move on to the next and repeat the same steps until my whole head is done.

This is genuinely the only dry shampoo I've used where my hair feels and looks less greasy afterwards, without leaving behind that nasty, dusty looking residue that other dry shampoos are guilty of. I currently only have a travel-sized can of this, but once that runs out I'll definitely be purchasing a full-sized version.

on 11/16/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a decent dry shampoo overall, especially since I was able to purchase it for $5.

I have fine hairs, but so many that the mass of hair is very thick. It is usually quite healthy with a wash every other day, but during the fall my skin becomes drier so I extend my washes to every third day. Therefore I needed the dry shampoo.

When shaken (don't forget) the dry shampoo works without any issue. It does go on wet but dries quickly. Make sure to comb it through your hair to get rid of any residue. The scent is pleasant and after using it 3 times there hasn't been any problem. I finish off with a quick whizz of the hairdryer for a fresher look.

on 3/19/2016 8:57:00 PM

The packaging of this product was a HUGE disappointment. I actually don't mind the product itself (yes it sprays slightly wet but dries down to a nice finish, has a refreshing grapefruit-mint scent and doesn't leave a chalky residue in your hair). However, the packaging is THE reason why I will not re-purchase.

The first time I used the product, it worked great until the fifth or sixth use. Then the spray nozzle started to malfunction (it seemed like the nozzle was jammed or something) so no product could spray out. I thought it was just one faulty bottle so I picked another one up and the SAME thing happened! I also got a sample size in a gift bag (which was a travel-sized one) and the exact same issue happened with the nozzle. There's clearly an issue with the packaging (as other reviewers have mentioned here too) and as long as it stays the same, I will not be picking it up anytime soon!

on 1/13/2016 12:35:00 PM

I don't get where all the hate comes for Naked dry shampoo. I've tried expensive, moderately priced, and cheap dry shampoos, and this one definitely packs the most bang for the buck.

The spray is surprisingly wet to start off, but I think it feels good and cooling. I get no discoloration of my hair (I don't look gray or white-haired), and I've noticed my hair seems softer the first day or two that I use it. There is less product in terms of ounces than some of the other dry shampoos I've tried, but I find it lasts WAY longer in comparison. It absorbs oil nicely if you let it sit for quite a few minutes (which you're supposed to do), and the smell is light and happy and didn't give me migraines (Dove did).

I do get a bit of a residue with this after a few uses, but I typically pull my hair back for work, so I'm not troubled by complaints about limpness.

For the price and the longevity of the bottle you get, as well as the no-powder look and the pretty scent, this is a clear winner for me. I'd go through four cans of Batiste for the same oil absorption power in one month, and Batiste has the white powder effect and costs 3-4 dollars more a can depending on the formula you use. I'm definitely switching to this (until they stop making it, because that happens to me all the time).

DRY SHAMPOO IS SUPPOSED TO BE DRY!
This sprays wet - very wet! Like hairspray kind of wet! Defeats the purpose of dry shampoo, really. If you are looking for a spray and go product, this isn't it.
This product doesn't remove oil from hair as well as the others (I also have Batiste and Lush's No Drought in my arsenal).
I brought this in a trial size to use in my makeup bag. Decided to keep a decant of No Drought with me instead.
The only good thing about this is the smell. Batiste is a much better product!

on 1/1/2016 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It was nice while it lasted and smelled nice. The reason why I'm giving it such a low rating is because it stopped after, what, 4 uses? I guess you get what you pay for..

This is the first dry shampoo that I used. Before going to sleep, I sprayed some on my hair and then I put it on a ponytail for the night. The next morning, my hair looked good but the roots still seemed a bit oily. I put some but only on the roots this time. My hair was fine until later in the evening when my roots were oily again :( I don't know if it's the product or my if my hair is still needs some time to adjust. However, I really like that there is no no white build up and it smells soooooo good. I have seen some reviews saying that the bottle stopped working after a few uses but mine is still working fine so far.

I've never personally purchased this product. It came as a free sample when I got my shampoo from the same company and I ended up re purchasing the shampoo about 5 times after that so I ended up with about 6 free samples of this dry shampoo. I've never really owned a dry shampoo nor have I used one. I wash my hair in the shower everyday because I personally have thicker hair and I workout everyday so I'm sweaty everyday. So I can't really go every other day without washing my hair like you are suppose to do. But if I have plans right after my workout I will use this dry shampoo to add volume and kinda dry up my oily/sweaty hair. But I tent to find that I can't leave it down, it makes my hair very flat and just gross looking almost worse than leaving it all sweaty, so either way I have to put it up after using it or do some type of braid to try and make it look better. It leaves my hair with a white tint over the parts I sprayed which is not cute!! I am so glad I have not spent my personal money and got it as a sample I'm so sorry for those of you who actually did buy it. I was not happy and now I'm stuck with all these sample bottles :(

on 7/27/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the worst dry shampoos. My hair did not feel/look cleaner. It was a terrible feel.