Korres Black Pine Anti Wrinkle Firming & Lifting Serum

No Image

3.0

on 5/16/2015 12:36:00 PM

I read all the Sephora reviews and was quite excited about this product, but it honestly did not do anything for me and I also found it a bit drying. I didn't notice anything offensive about the smell, which other people have commented on and will likely finish it but wouldn't buy it again.

on 9/11/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I read the reviews about this serum on Sephora's web site and was intrigued. I am always on the lookout for a good anti-aging serum that is more on the natural side of the spectrum. Sadly, I don't think I have found it in this.

On the plus side, the packaging is lovely and the dropper dispenses an appropriate amount of product. The scent (which might be controversial for some) is lovely to me. Very earthy and pleasant. The serum consistency is nice and absorbs quickly into my skin.

I can't say that I've really noticed any difference in the quality of my skin in the 2 weeks that I've been using this, but there's nothing offensive either so I'll use this until it is gone. When I bought the serum I also got a very generous sample from the Sephora SA of the Black Pine Night Cream, which I am STILL using after 2 weeks. Used together, the serum and cream are a nice way to end my day. In the future I think I'll rely on products with more active ingredients. I have good skin for my age and want to keep getting carded :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I was incredibly intriqued by this serum when I read about it a few months ago. "Black Pine" sounds so rich, thick and somehow effective. The beauty gods were obiviously looking out for me as a few months later I entered a German Beauty blogger's Christmas contest and won both the Black Pine face and eye serums!!! It took me about two days to realize the eye serum was NOT for me. My eyes watered and stung horribly within minutes of application. I stopped using that and concentrated on the Black Pine face serum. I like the packaging. A black glass bottle with a squeeze type pipette...very old school apothecary...which appeals to me. The serum itself smells vaguely medicinal, but nice. The serum is of the appropriate consistency for easy application...unfortunately it isn't black, as I had expected...somehow I thought that would make it that much more effective. :) I used approximately 3/4 of the pipette's length every morning under my Paula's Choice AOX/Vit C combo serums. It took me about ten weeks to finish the bottle and that's that. While there was no irritation and no stickiness after application of the Black Pine serum, there also was nothing else. I noticed absolutely NO EFFECT on my skin. I like the thought of pampering myself with multiple serums before my moisturizer, but I have now been going without this for some weeks and nothing negative has happened since stopping. During use, I noticed no reduction of wrinkles (don't have a lot, but at 47, there is normal creasing). No lifting of the skin (at jowls or around my eyes) and no extra firming. If you have 54 to spare, then by all means, add this to your regime as per my experience it won't hurt your skin. Otherwise, if you are truly looking to change your skin, I say look elsewhere. This is the fourth KORRES product I have tried. While I somehow enjoy the concept of KORRES skincare, I have yet to find a product that actually does ANYTHING for my skin.