E.L.F. Moisturizing Lipstick - Ravishing Rose

E.L.F. Moisturizing Lipstick - Ravishing Rose

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am so surprised by the excellent quality of this lipstick. Ravishing rose is a very pretty deep rose pink with a satin finish. It is velvety smooth and applies beautifully. Has great color payoff. There is a sweet light scent that I do not mind. It has good staying power for me. Also I find this to be a truly moisturizing lipstick. For the price, it is an absolute steal.

on 12/4/2016 5:07:00 PM

The finish is smooth and creamy, the pigments are rich, and the quality is amazing for the price. I wish this came in more colors, but this is a very pretty color. To my eyes it has a bit of a coral tinge instead of being purely rose-pink.

I didn't care for this at all. It's patchy after application and drying as well. It doesn't last long,about two hours and feels chalky-powdery. Pass.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

USD$2, yo! This is gorgggggg I got 2 accidentally (I was in a hurry & grabbed both, thought I was getting a diff color). I love this! It does not budge when I smoke or take a sip off a beverage on a straw becoz of it being kind of a stain--moisturizing is kind of a misnomer, it's a bit almost dry once it sets. The scent is yummy vanilla kind of reminiscent of MAC. The color is not Fuschia not red right in the middle & neutral which i love & is unique in my collection coz I have reds a few I'd call this a "safe red" for those who don't want full on red--I have hot pinks (what I suspected this would be like Fiona Stiles Thrasher lippie, it's not like Thrasher at all), it's simply lovely & does not budge becoz the formula is thin & stain-like. I'm needing a good lipliner for this no idea what yet I don't wanna use clear. PM me please if u kno of any good 1s. This is an awesome lippie for $2! Makes my heart SO VERY glad I can be on a low buy & buy a good product!

on 1/22/2016 11:11:00 PM

This lipstick has a nice, smooth application and I do like the color. It's a rosy, pinkish red. I'll definitely repurchase for the price.

on 9/17/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmmm I don't know you guys. I tossed this in last minute from my E.l.f. order because of good reviews and because I don't really have a rose.

I got it 50% off not that it really changes my opinion. I guess I like that it's mid tone, I love how it feels going on. I even like the smell. I would even take more sheer as I'm really into sheer lightweight lipsticks lately. But something about the color just isn't exciting me. I noticed some of E.l.f's colors look a little better online. I know this is a fan favorite (it seems) and it seems like an almost universally flattering color.

I'm not sure if it's just because it wasn't what I was expecting, like another reviewer said, or if my yellow undertones or new hair color kind of clash, but I feel like I won't reach for this too often. (Lie, I've totally already worn it a few times! >_< like a lot of E.L.F. products, they grow on me) It's like a muted red so easier to pull of but still sultry, I just wish it was a little more..something. Still, E.l.f's pricing is good if there's something you kind of want but don't want to pay higher for. It's good to have in my stash.

Update: So of course over time I reach for this a lot for a simple day look or for work, or even a subtle romantic look. Like I said it's nice to have and I actually like the formula. It's like, "slightly better than ok". lol.

on 8/27/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meh. Color is great, I just think calling it lipstick is a bit of a misnomer. It feels like a tinted balm... and, for me, it wears like one too. If this was marketed as a tinted balm, I'd probably give it 4-5 stars but, for a lipstick, I would prefer to have this color in another brand with some staying power.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR. It's moisturizing and everyone can wear this color. I love it so much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was impressed with Ravishing Rose - and for $3, I figured, why not? I got home and tried it and was very impressed with the way it felt. It is very creamy and applies very smoothly. The color is lovely and when applied, reminds me a lot of Givenchy's Rose Boudoir, or Chanel Edith. The smell is pretty good, too. Very sweet. It's not as highly lasting as many other formulas out there, but it's definitely still worth the price.

on 1/4/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Got off on the wrong foot with this when the packaging - which admittedly is pretty to look at and looks far higher end than it is - was so bad: the lipstick is barely mounted on the twist-up part, and felt like it might just break off. It didn't, but it still feels shoddy.

This color is not anything I would call "rose" - on me it is sort of a coral-fuchsia blend. Not the color I was hoping for when I ordered it, but that's just a personal choice.

It's more moisturizing than a lot of formulas, which is nice, but the pigment is a bit uneven and just looks smeared and cheap. Pencil helps, but at best it still doesn't look as good as other drugstore brands. Would not repurchase.