Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer-Apocaliptic

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer-Apocaliptic

1 review

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The first thing I should mention that this review is not to be confused with the name of the product line Rimmel Apocaliptic, which is what they call the Rimmel Show Off Lacquers in England. This is for the SHADE named Apocaliptic.

Now, having said that: this product is just beautiful. I don't usually pay much attention to Rimmel's products, but I saw this one day and the color just grabbed me. It's a very, very saturated dark reddish fuchsia that reminds me of these velvety fuchsia roses my mother once had in her garden. The photos I'm posting are pretty close, but they don't quite do the color and finish justice. It's just a lovely color for spring, and I am sooo ready for spring.

This is a liquid lipstick with full opacity in one thin layer. The applicator is not my favorite because I have thin lips. It's got a nice shape in general, but there's a sizable divot in the tip that grabs more product than I need. If you have full lips, that might be a good thing, but it's not for me. It makes the application a nightmare unless I use a lip brush, which for me is just more efficient. The staying power is great, although it does transfer; it doesn't completely dry down, which I think keeps it from being too matte or drying.

The best thing is this was only about four or five dollars. You just have to check out this color in the store. Gorgeous, quality lip product.

Popular Lipsticks