Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Serum

Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Serum

Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Polysilicone-11, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Steareth-2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, (CI 77891) Titanium Dioxidem Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Enantia Chlorantha (Bark) Extract, Xantham Gum, Lecithin, Sodium Phythate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Algae Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Oleanolic Acid, Helianthus Annuss (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Gereniol Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Fragrance.

I am unfortunately one of the unlucky ones who can't use vitamin c skincare products because I get blackheads! On my chin and forehead, and never any other time except for when I've tried vitamin c creams. I do love lumene and this definitely made a visible difference in brightness and skin tone but from now on I will stick to their non-vitamin c products. If you don't have issues with applying vitamin c topically, I really recommend this serum/cream.

on 12/11/2016 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Not bad for the price. I've had luck with Lumene products before and picked this up at Ulta on a whim. For the price, I would buy again. Great winter weather product.

Pros
- Considering it's winter and I have radiator dry heat at home, this does a fine job of keeping my dry, cracked skin at bay
- only 2-3 pumps needed for entire face and neck
- formula is white, but easily absorbs into the skin
- gives skin a nice pearlescent glow

Cons
- need to wait at least 5-10 minutes before applying foundation or BB tinted color
- when worn alone without makeup, the skin becomes extremely slick for some reason

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This was a random buy but I am super pleased with it. It has a light citrus scent that is fresh and dissipates quickly. The serum itself is very light, like a lotion almost. It goes in quickly and spreads easily and I have to say, there definitely is a visible brightening effect after applying. It wears very well under SS and MU, almost like a primer and is lightly moisturizing. I would definitely repurchase!

on 5/7/2016 2:58:00 PM

I have been using this BB serum for 2 weeks and love it. Love the light orange scent. I was expecting a clear serum and this is definitely a white lotion but absorbs, blends in fast and not greasy at all. Totally absorbs. It takes 2-3 pumps to cover my face well so I am not expecting it to last as long as I would a clear serum. I wish I could find all products in this very light, pleasant scent. =:)

on 3/20/2016 8:03:00 AM

I've been using vitamin c serums for years now and this one is by far the best I have ever purchased. I've noticed a glow to my skin and my pores appear tighter. I only use it at night before my night cream. I'm very prone to break outs on my chin area so I avoid all products there but I apply it on my cheeks, nose and forehead area. It's wonderful and will be sticking to this serum

on 12/20/2015 10:19:00 AM

I really like that the serum has no tone, just promises to give an illuminatig look. Which it does not. Worked well with vitamin C capsules but without it was not so good. When skin is moisturized, then it is quite OK to use but if not using any day cream, leaves on my skin kind of dry spots. Would try something else, but Lumene altogether is one of my favourites.

on 7/3/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a bad product, not a great product. It is creamy like a moisturizer, but with the name "serum" I thought it would be a thinner consistency, like a Vitamin C ester serum. It's not, it's a lightweight, nongreasy lotion. My skin drank it up so I used a fair amount per application and went through it pretty fast. This might be a better product for younger, moister skins. Barely noticeable fragrance and didn't burn or break me out, so I think it's a safe try if you are new to serums and would like a cross between a lightweight moisturizer and a serum. Just don't forget your sunscreen if you use it in the morning.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I would call this more of a hydrating primer than a BB cream. A lightweight formula, it does not cause my combination skin to breakout. I did not find it to be brightening or illuminating as the label claims, However, it does minimize pores and it is hydrating. Has a light citrus scent that does not linger. Contains cloudberry oil and seed extract which is supposed to be rich in antioxidants. Also contains glycerin, jojoba oil, sea buckthorn oil and a pinch of stable vitamin C. Overall, a great product from Lumene.

on 1/11/2015 7:04:00 PM

I picked this serum/primer on a lark because it was clearanced for just $9, and so far it's upholding my high opinion of Lumene. This is a creamy, untinted lotion you apply before your BB, foundation, tinted moisturizer etc. and it has an almost imperceptible pearlescence to it. I've been using a proper 20% Vitamin C serum for the past 9 months but it may be too much for my skin at this stage, whereas this product has a nice weight to it and helps keep my skin hydrated in the frigid and dry winter months.

Dimethicone is the second ingredient which is why it's really more of a makeup primer than a serum, but it does a beautiful job of keeping my BB smooth and perfect-looking all day. I apply to clean, dry skin in the morning and allow it to absorb for 5-10 minutes before applying the coordinating Lumene Bright Now BB.

Normally $21.99 for an airtight 1 ounce pump bottle at Walgreens.

on 11/14/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has become my daily foundation, replacing CG Aqua Smoothers and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8 in 1 Beauty Balm. The reason it is replacing these 2 staples in my makeup right now is because it has a higher spf than CG Smoothers, and the coverage is better than Maybelline. The downstide to the Lumene is that the spf is only 20 and I like at least a 30 because I live in FL. But I already use Olay spf 30 so I'm still covered, however there are those days when I need to skip some steps in my routine and just get out the door so "all in ones" are great. The second downside is that I find the Lumene to be just a BIT dryer than the other two, but not overly so. You just need to make sure you get it on your face evenly before it settles. I use a flat top makeup brush or a sponge to smooth into place. Sometimes I add a drop of the Olay Regenerist Serum to it before applying - I also use the Olay around my eyes for extra moisturizing. The Lumene can be used around the eye area with settling into fine lines and the coverage is so buildable. This is not a heavy foundations so it will only add so much coverage and will not cover severe discolorations or pimples. I use liquid bronzers to add more color if needed - depending on how much of a tan I have. The Maybelline BB has become my undereye concealer! It has enough coverage for that, slight luminosity, and can add another layer or two if needed with become cakey.