L'Occitane CREME MAINS Hand Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My dad originally purchased this product for me in France along with some other L'Occitane products. I use the Lavender hand cream the most. It smells fantastic and leaves my hands soft but never greasy. I have heard it is a bit expensive here in the US, but I would repurchase especially since so many other lotions and creams leave me feeling greasy. It is totally worth it.

L'Occitane does some lovely body products, and their hand creams are great. I've just finished a large tube of the 'Honey' version, but I like to keep tiny tubes of various fragrances in different handbags, in my desk drawer in work, by the side of my bed etc.
The 'Honey' version I'm reviewing is a thick white cream that contains 20% shea butter. Although it is dense, I find it sinks in easily and doesn't feel at all greasy - which is probably my biggest bugbear when it comes to handcreams. It smells really sweet, and the scent lingers on my skin. I think I prefer some of L'Occitane's floral varieties - not really being a gourmand girl - but that's of course, just a matter of taste. I tend not to wear the honey version as my day time handcream, but it's lovely for a comforting shot of moisture before bed, or if I'm lounging about the house. I get an instant dose of soothing hydration on my winter-ravaged skin, though I don't find it CURES dryness. So, while I don't find it a HEALING handcream when my skin gets really dry, it works very well as a maintenance product, to help in the upkeep of soft, supple skin.

Ingredients (apologies if any typos!!):
WATER, SHEA BUTTER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, RAPESEED STEROLS, COCONUT OIL, ROSEMARY LEAF EXTRACT, SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, HONEY EXTRACT, CETEARETH-33, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, BENZOIC ACID, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, FRAGRANCE

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This product is currently offered free with a magazine which is why I'm going to re-buy it, but after that I doubt I'll buy it again.
I have the Fleur Cherie hand cream and it smells divine. It's travel size, which is why I bought it, and does a good job of making my hands soft. If you can afford it, I recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This cream thoroughly moisturizes without leaving hands slippery, and has a very subtle fragrance.
A single tube is a little pricey, but a small amount of product goes a long way; does a good job on cuticles, too.

Really good hand cream. Not greasy at all, fresh feeling. It smells nice and it's not too pricey (6 euros for 30ml. of produce).

This is way expensive but I just had to have it after sampling. I had discovered an intensive moisturizer that doesn't leave a greasy residue. It is also very moisturizing for the cuticles. The scent is pleasant so you can apply as much and as often as you like. Previous faves included Couvent des Minimes Honey Hand Cream, Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy and Neutrogena Norwegian Formula. Since a little of this goes a long way, although it is pricey it proves economical in the long run.

So wonderful. I wish it wasn't so expensive! (I bought the $8 tube, though) The shea butter makes a world of difference. It is superb. I love the way my hands feel after I put it on - and it lasts! My hands get super dry in the winter when I wash my hands or wash the dishes - this works perfectly to correct it. I highly recommend!

I recieved this a as Sephora gwp. The cream is very thick. It takes a little while for it to completely absorb. But afterward there feels almost like a film on my hands. Others have mentioned an overwhelming smell, I didn't really notice one.

This is a very thick hand cream that I like to use only when my hands feel really dry because it is a tad pricey and if I used it all the time I don't think I would feel it was worth it, it washes off easily. However a few months ago my face was having a bad reaction to some sunblock and I needed something to put on (I was desperate) and this stuff soothed my face! I was happily surprised. I like to use this on my face in the evenings. My face feels really moisturized and I haven't experienced any breakouts whatsoever.