L'Occitane CREME MAINS Hand Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Other

4.3

What I love about this hand cream is that it's not greasy at all or waxy. I hate that waxy feel and end up needing to wash that type off. It's very thick, and the scent is light. I think I do like the one by Clinique better however. I paid $10.00 for a 1 oz tube.

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I love this handcream, buy it repeatedly. I cheated on it and bought the Bliss handcream, but quickly came back to L'Occitane. Yes, it's expensive, no doubt about it. But it works! I don't need much, and love the small tube with screw cap that fits in my purse easily. My hands feel tight and uncomfortable when they are dry, and the cream immediately eases this. It leaves a bit of a greasy film, nothing a quick wipe with a kleenex can't solve. The smell is not bothersome, to me it smells like talcum powder. My husband has used this, and he's very smell sensitive, and never said it bothered him. I don't buy this for all over moisturizing, there are cheaper options for my stubbly legs, but for my hands, this is the best lotion I've ever found.

I find this a little too sticky and greasy for day use, but it's excellent as an intensive night-time treatment. In autumn/winter when the humidity drops and my skin becomes drier, I apply this before bedtime and wake with silky soft hands. Granted, it took me a while to get used to the scent but now I don't find it offensive at all. I think it's far nicer than the odd-smelling Body Shop Hemp hand cream!