L'Occitane CREME MAINS Hand Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35

4.2

L'Occitane does some lovely body products, and their hand creams are great. I've just finished a large tube of the 'Honey' version, but I like to keep tiny tubes of various fragrances in different handbags, in my desk drawer in work, by the side of my bed etc.
The 'Honey' version I'm reviewing is a thick white cream that contains 20% shea butter. Although it is dense, I find it sinks in easily and doesn't feel at all greasy - which is probably my biggest bugbear when it comes to handcreams. It smells really sweet, and the scent lingers on my skin. I think I prefer some of L'Occitane's floral varieties - not really being a gourmand girl - but that's of course, just a matter of taste. I tend not to wear the honey version as my day time handcream, but it's lovely for a comforting shot of moisture before bed, or if I'm lounging about the house. I get an instant dose of soothing hydration on my winter-ravaged skin, though I don't find it CURES dryness. So, while I don't find it a HEALING handcream when my skin gets really dry, it works very well as a maintenance product, to help in the upkeep of soft, supple skin.

Ingredients (apologies if any typos!!):
WATER, SHEA BUTTER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, RAPESEED STEROLS, COCONUT OIL, ROSEMARY LEAF EXTRACT, SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, HONEY EXTRACT, CETEARETH-33, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, BENZOIC ACID, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, FRAGRANCE

I love this stuff! I'm a teacher & germ-a-phobic so I wash my hands frequently. I have a tube of this in my desk drawer, my purse, & by my bed. It's very thick & a little challenging to spread, but SO worth it! It's very moisturizing which is what I like!

This is the best hand creme I've found (that I'm willing to pay for). No greasy residue, easily absorbed into skin and very lightly scented. Although even the light scent makes me sneeze during my allergy season but I still love this product and use it during the winter.

After hearing about all the hype about L'occitane, I decided to give it a try. The tube is cute, the stuff smells good but it doesnt spread easily and its too thick. I let it sink in but it still felt sticky. I tiny tube costs $9, way overpriced but it was worth a try, anyway.

After hearing and reading rave reviews of this product, I was convinced to drop the $24 it cost me to buy a tube of this stuff. It is simply okay. I don't understand all the hype. A disclaimer that I live in the Midwest and it's pretty dang cold and dry here right now, but it really does not moisturize all that great. I feel like I need to reapply several times before getting that "velvety soft" feeling. At that price, no thanks! The scent is kind of strange, but it doesn't bother me. Better than some strong fragrance that I probably would not like anyway. I really, really wish I could rave about this product but in all honesty, I could've bought several tubes of much better hand creme for the price of this one. I will continue my search for the perfect hand creme.

LOVE this. This hand cream is good, quite thick and just a little dab is enough, already used 3 tubes.

Great reliable product. As good a Crabtree and Evelyn's Gardeners Hand Therapy. A tried and true!

I love this hand cream. It's thick and works wonderfully without being greasy or sticky in any way. The scent is neutral, the texture is lovely, and it works like a charm. My hands are always dry, and this is the most soothing cream I have ever found. I'm hooked.

a thick, white cream in a silver "retro-euro" metal tube. it has a strong flowery/powdery scent, goes on rather sticky and moisturizes only superficially, sitting on top of the skin. i won't bother with this again.

Wonderful stuff! One of the best hand creams I've tried. Kind of expensive though, but worth every penny! I'll buy it again!! Perhaps, they should make one with a SPF.. then, it would be perfect!

Popular Lotions / Creams