68%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I am NW15, and if I put on a couple layers of this, it imparts at nice, soft pink look. An English Rose kind of look, but it is just so subtle that it fades in the early afternoon (I put my makeup on at 5 am for work). But I use it as a blush topper. I wear mostly cool blushes (due to my cool undertones). My favorite everyday blush is Marc Jacobs Lush and Libido. It is very pigmented, but just perfect for me. I add the Hourglass blush on top, it kind of tones the pigment down and comes out to the perfect pink. So for those that are frustrated that this seems colorless (which I can see and understand), try it on top of a more pigmented blush. When I put this on top of blush, I use a less densely packed brush (it's a MAC one can't remember the number but it is paddle shaped, large, and white).

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

3 years ago

I am silver-haired and pale of skin and easily overwhelmed by blushes that are vivid or bright, even when I go in with a light hand and blend like a maniac. But this blush ... oh my, this blush ... I love it so. I favour a natural-look makeup and this blush lives up to its name, imparting a soft and subtle wash of colour, a glow that makes it look like I've just come in from a delightful hike in the beautiful world. I love it, or have I mentioned? (I own another Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, Luminous Flush, and love it too, altho maybe just a smidge less than Ethereal Glow.) The formulation of these blushes is superb — they're finely milled and deliciously soft and blendable. I do find them pricey but they are so high quality and I enjoy the colours so much that they're worth the money to me.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

2.0
from

3 years ago

Sadly this doesn't show up on me. I'm pale and I think it's one of those blushes that don't have enough pigment to show up on anyone. I packed it on and nothing, just a slight sheen which made me look sweaty. I don't get it. I love hourglass blushes but this one just didn't work for me.

About reviewer (927 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

I'm nc15 in winter and nc20 in summer and even now in the winter it does not show up on my face unless I pack like 5 layers and kick up a bunch of products which is such a waste. I hate wearing it alone because it just does not show up as I desire, it is too subtle for my liking. I typically wear heavier blush looks because I don't bronze my face and if the blush is overly light I basically look pale and dead. I'm so sad for the price it doesn't work for me because it's too subtle. HOWEVER I found ways to make it work, I can use it as blush topper if I had hard time blending some other blushes or I can use it as an another ambient lighting powder, with such less pigmentation, it can be worn as an all over powder similar to a mixture of moonlight and ethereal light lol

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This blush imparts such a nice subtle wash of color on my NW 20 skin tone. Although I have been rated NW 20, there is no MAC foundation that precisely matches my skin because I'm truly neutral and all the MAC foundations I've tried are far too warm. So this HG Ethereal Glow blush is the perfect shade of cool pink that gives me a nice subtle flush of color. I'm a bit of a blush hoarder but nothing else I own goes on so lightly and easily with just a hint of color (which is all I really want at my age). With other blushes, I sometimes have issues with applying too much, especially if the powder is very pigmented. This often leads to an overdone look, bordering on clowny. I have really good HE blushes but this HG blush gives me just the hint of color I want. I also use bronzer and really don't like to look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup so this pale blush is perfectly in line with this aesthetic. I definitely shows up on my skin and lasts all day while giving me a luminous glow that is not shimmery or glittery at all. It also doesn't emphasize my skin's texture, which at my age (I'm in my 50s) is a definite no-no. I've been trying to find blushes that will give me just a sheer wash of color, barely a hint, and have disappointed numerous times with products that are far too pigmented. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Ambient Lighting Powder Dim Light and so returned it. Sephora made a mistake on my original HG blush order, sending me the Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light instead of the Ethereal Glow blush. However, they allowed me to keep Ethereal Light, which I use as a setting powder for concealer. But I'm not impressed with this either and am not convinced it makes a positive difference. When the Ethereal Glow blush finally arrived, I couldn't wait to try it, figuring it would not show up at all, much like Ethereal Light. However, I was pleasantly surprised the first time I swiped it on the apples of my cheeks. It definitely shows up and adds a pretty flush that does not come across as too cool. It doesn't have a blue undertone, at least not on me, which makes it perfectly suited to my neutral skin tone. I don't usually use highlighter, unless I'm going out for the evening, in which case I use a little HG Mood Light (just a touch) on the top of my cheekbones, over Ethereal Glow. I do this because the blush isn't really shimmery on its own but it does add a slightly luminous finish, which is not overdone so it doesn't look too shiny for my somewhat oily skin. I love everything about this blush and it's the only one (of many) that it's impossible to overdo. Just the tiniest bit gives me a nice natural looking flush that when combined with a pinky nude or rosy lipstick makes me look totally polished, a "me only better" look. I bought this blush during the Sephora VIBR sale so I got 20% off but would have gladly paid full price. I'm now wondering about the other shades and whether they would work as well for me as Ethereal Glow. I have other gorgeous HE blushes like Nars, Bare Minerals (Beauty is the perfect warm matte pink), MUG, Tarte, TF and some very pigmented lower price options like La Femme. All of these are very pigmented but it seems that I have a rather heavy hand with blush, despite trying many different brushes and application techniques, which usually means I end up applying too much. I don't have this issue with HG Ethereal Glow. I can do several swipes without worrying that I'm applying too much color. The look is very natural looking, albeit with a luminosity that also looks real. So I'm highly recommending not only this particular shade of HG blush but also the formula and the ratio of pink pigment to luminous-ness. This has become my favorite blush and the one that looks most natural on me. Almost all my blushes are pinks and roses (Nars Orgasm and a discontinued Benefit peach shade are the exceptions) so Ethereal Glow fits my palette perfectly. I'm still on the fence about the Ambient Lighting Powders (Mood Light and Ethereal Light) but I'm obsessed with Ethereal Blow blush. If you're approximately NW 20 or below, Ethereal Glow will definitely show up. You will be amazed at how natural and pretty it looks on the skin. This is surely the best Sephora makeup purchased I've made in a long time. Ethereal Glow is gorgeous and worth every penny!

About reviewer (316 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

4 years ago

This is one of those products that is not universally liked. If you have fair skin, it is a good product for you but if you have medium or dark skin, don't bother. It won't show anything but a bit of shine on my NC30 skin. Also, to be quite honest with you, I am still puzzled why Hourglass products are so expensive. Try Physician Formula and you will be surprised of the quality and pigmentation.

About reviewer (919 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I absolutely love this blush! I was skeptical about buying it having read mixed reviews about its pigmentation, but I'm really glad I finally took the plunge! I'm NW10 and consistently the lightest shade in any foundation and Ethereal Glow shows up perfectly on me. I have found a lot of blushes look too bright on my extremely pale skin but this gives me a nice flash of colour without looking too over the top. It is a lovely cool pink blush mixed with the ethereal glow ambient lighting powder, which I also own. I'm cool toned and think it compliments my skin well, though not sure how well it would show up on warmer and more medium skin tones as it is very light. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my purchase and would definitely buy it again! I might also invest in the Dim Infusion blush, though not sure it would suit me as well as ethereal glow!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I rarely write reviews, but this blush is a standout. First: I LOVE blush. Second: I often look like scarlet fever at the doll factory when I apply "regular" powder blush: Bobbi, Chanel, NARS, those Clinique Pops, etc. No matter how much I blend, no matter how much I blend with finishing/diffusing powders, no matter how much I literally try to blend a beloved blush OFF after I apply it, I frequently look over blushed. But I'm very fair, my hair is dark brown, and I'm 41, so blush is a necessity. A little pink flush is youthful and lovely (or just youthful, whatever). ("But what about the cream and gel blushes?" Yes, yes, some of those are great, but I don't have the patience.) Enter our heroine, our Holy Grail: Hourglass Ambient in Ethereal Glow. If you're fair enough (I'm N15 or Chanel 10 Beige), Ethereal Glow will give you a diffuse pink flush that is impossible to over apply. Believe me: I've tried. The reason, I think, is because of the way the blush is swirled with the highlighter: there is simply no edge/line to blend away because the powder itself is blended. It's GENIUS. I've tried numerous blush and powder brushes and this stuff is so foolproof that they're all fine, but my favorite is a Chanel skunk brush that's super wispy on top—it picks up the right amount of blush and blends it in flawlessly. Ethereal Glow melts into, no, becomes your skin. Genius, I tell you. There are two ADDITIONAL benefits to this product. First, it eliminates the needs for highlighter and also, for me, the need for a finishing powder. To be clear, this blush doesn't replace or do the job of a finishing powder; I simply prefer the look of this blush without the additional step. Second, if you like a monochromatic look and you want to save a little time, you can use the champagne section of the blush as an eyeshadow! I love monochromatic, love to keep it simple, and the cool champagne shade is great for my green eyes. Just dip your eyeshadow brush into one of those champagney swirls et voila: this blush does it all! In a simple, 5 minute face kind of way; you obviously want to do more if you're doing more. Anyway, I'm in love and HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I love this with Bite's Matte Crayon in Pastille, Bobbi's Sheer Lip in Pink Rose, Bobbi's Luxe Lip in Hibiscus ... basically any lip from mauve to pink to red to blackberry with neutral to cool undertones. I may pick up another Ambient Lighting Blush in a warmer shade—Diffused Heat or Radiant Magenta—for summer. In the meantime, Ethereal Glow is heavenly.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

1.0

4 years ago

This has a lot of shimmer in it with very little pigmentation. I was expecting a soft sheen of a light pink, close to the limited edition MAC shade called Play it Proper, which is no longer sold. Instead, what I got was a sheer wash of shimmer. I don't like shimmer on my face. I think this is very over hyped. I also own Mood Exposure and I'm not crazy about it either, but I appreciate the fact that there isn't any shimmer in that one and it's pigmented (just not the right shade for my skin tone).

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I've wanted this blush for quite awhile and was finally able to get it for my birthday. It's the most natural looking no makeup, makeup blush. The shade is a really nice light pink that almost matches my cheeks perfectly. It goes on so smooth on my NW20, NARS Monte Blanc, YSL BR20, green eyes blonde hair for reference. This shade looks so natural on my skintone. This feels really smooth and silky I can build this up and it doesn't look chalky on me. I like to use Diffused light first then this blush and I don't need a highlighter. My skin looks natural and luminous but not shimmery at all with this. I would like another one of these blushes because of how nice they apply and last. The case is really nice and it survived a big fall intact so 5 lippie packaging in my book. Mine has an even mix of the pink and the Etheral light. I have been using this blush everyday and it barely even looks used so you get a good amount of blush for the $$. I'm a blush collector so I really wanted this and am so happy with it. It goes on well and doesn't kick up powder no matter what brush I use. This lasts on my skin till I wash it off and I haven't been using setting spray. Just powders ATM. I think this is most definitely a pale girls blush but it is so subtle and pretty. I'm really loving it, it's a gem of a blush. Recommended!

About reviewer (912 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool