COVERGIRL truBLEND Liquid NEW Perfect Blend Technology Formulation (the one with L1/M6/etc numbering)

No Image

3.1

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol Methylparaben, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Trisodium EDTA, Sorbitan Isostearate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/23/2015 9:29:00 AM

This is a nice foundation for the price! It blends pretty well with my skin (I have the lightest shade, and my skin tends to turn things darker pretty often). It's not a perfect blend, however, and I have to be careful not to use too much or I looks kind of sallow or "made up". Definitely in the market for a good rosy mousse-blush to go over it.

I do like the light, creamy texture of the makeup and the fact that it's easier to wash off than the L'Oreal version of skin-matching makeup.

The only real complaint I have is that the foundation makes my wrinkles show up more than they usually do. I kind of knew that was going to happen.

on 12/7/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

PROS: Being water based, it is pretty lightweight. It does not get oily and it pretty much blends automatically. The pump is really nice and it the entire bottle can be reused after you're done with it!

CONS: The palest shade is not pale enough for me, as usual. It looks like it could work, but nope, oxidizes. When will companies learn that we need extra light shades to OFFSET later oxidization? Also, really light coverage... I use two full pumps with my fingers (so no waste) between my neck and my face and it still looks natural! One pump would be so sheer, there is no way. As you blend, the coverage goes down a lot.

OTHER: I would actually say it's not greasy/dewy like other reviews, it's just what your skin is like. I have been experimenting with some new products, and they are all pretty lightweight, so when I put this on and it starts to dry, it leans to the matte side.

OVERALL: If it was just a shade lighter... or I had some white powder. I'm getting annoyed with drugstore foundations and them being continually off in some way. I may just ditch them altogether for mineral makeup.

on 10/27/2014 12:19:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It has a satin finish, which look very natural and coverage is light to medium. I like this one better than fabulous 3 in 1, which is matte finish it can look cakey. When i wear fabulous 3 in 1 my husband ask me why i look like zombie face. so it is very noticeable foundation for me. (maybe is good for very oil skin type.)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Hardworking everyday foundation. Using the L1 system, the colour still changes to your skin tone (like the previous formulation). Overall the new colour system fits me better and looks far more natural. The new formula seems to be slightly more sheer but with the kabuki brush/ light powder over the top it works its way up to a light/ medium coverage. Alternatively the foundation is buildable. Goes onto the skin slightly dry (and the L1 is very white in colour) but colour and consistency blends down as the foundation warms to the skin. I usually add to moisteriser for easier application (and faster) for a BB creme/ light coverage dewy look that's work appropriate. Lasts all day without drying or becoming overly oily (on combination skin). A good product in serious tropical humidity. Have recommended to friends. Good quality for the price.

on 9/26/2014 12:51:00 AM

as a previous reviewer said I was drawn to this cuz of the new pretty packaging and comercials but wow I was let down, I found the right color L2 I belive and it goes on and blends easily but as I had it on longer it started coming off in patches! my nose and forehead and cheeks! and I'm not oily I'm very dry so that was a big nono. I prime and blend so I duno..it looked great at first but just looked awful as it wore. sorry covergirl I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For some reason when I saw this had been reformulated I assumed it was just the color selection that had change which made me interested in trying it again. The previous version of this product didn't offer any workable shades for my skin, the lightest color looked grey and the second lightest was distinctly yellow on me. The new lightest shade L1 is really close to being perfect for me but this is almost unwearable for other reasons. The finish and feel of this on my skin could be called greasy and that's coming from someone with slightly oily skin who prefers dewy looking makeup. Worst of all is the fact that the first few times I used it it was totally unblendable, I had streaky areas where the makeup had adhered and patches of skin that looked completely bare. Finally I tried emulsifying it in my hands before applying which made a surprisingly big difference in improving coverage and blendability but it still looked too moist and I didn't think the results were worth the effort considering the trouble it took to apply it well. Also every time I wore this by the end of the day I would have atleast 2-3 small whiteheads that were not there in the morning, this is probably better suited to someone with dry skin.

on 9/21/2014 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like this foundation. It's not amazing, but quite workable. It has light to medium coverage. I am super happy with my shade - ivory (L1) which is the palest. It wasn't pink and was quite pale. I am and NC20 or lighter. Great shade range.

This comes out of the bottle feeling rather thick. So I expected it to spread like a cream foundation. I didn't. I used brush or fingers to spread it around evenly. It went on thick looking and streaky. But after a few pats with a kabuki brush or beauty blender, it blends beautifully. It ends up being quite light and thin, as it is water based. You won't get anywhere near full coverage. This has light to medium coverage. . It does not look or feel heavy at all. It isn't moisturizing, but didn't dry my skin either, nor did not settle into lines. It lasts, but it just doesn't have the coverage I need.

The pump bottles are very cute. They are clear, so you can see the color, but I found it hard to match myself.

Update: I didn't keep this as it's not amazing enough to use on days I only need light coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Before I start this review, let me just tell you, I usually don't gravitate towards Cover girl foundations. BUT. The Cover girl Outlast was an exception, I love that foundation. So, I decided to give this new Cover girl truBLEND a shot. I knew I shouldn't have.

I absolutely LOVE the way this product applies with a beauty blender. I don't have problem skin, so I probably don't need the full coverage, but I definitely do prefer it (I have redness, not a lot but just enough to make me want to have med- full coverage foundations). After applying this, it didn't look matte, and didn't look dewy, just perfect. However, as the day wore on, I'd say about 3-4 hours later, I noticed it oxidized on me, pretty noticeably. My jaw line was now about a shade or two darker than my skin was, and the rest of my face was patchy. I hate when foundations do this to my skin because then it looks as if I applied my face makeup in the dark.. but that's the joy of being a makeup addict who loves to try out new makeup..

The shade range is a pretty good selection.. however, I still struggled to find my exact match. Most of the shades in the light section were pretty pink, and the warm section had mostly tints of orange, so I struggled to match it to my skin. The (#825) in Outlast is the PERFECT shade for my skin, but that exact shade wasn't found in this collection. So, I chose "L6." It wasn't a perfect match. It actually looked not yellow, not pink, not orange, but it looked as though it had grey undertones to it.. however, even though it was not a perfect match for my skin, it was fairly close and blended into the skin flawlessly. Also, I DID use this foundation with a primer beforehand.. and it still managed to slip off my face, so just keep that in mind.. a primer doesn't do any justice with this foundation staying place.

Overall.. I'm just one of those people that loves a fuller coverage and wants a foundation to actually stay on the skin. I want it to look as how I applied it.. and this foundation, sadly, doesn't do it for me. However, if you do want to try it for yourself (as foundations do work differently on different skin types) I do recommend getting this foundation a shade lighter (to help with the oxidizing). If you need a light weight foundation, and don't wear makeup for more than 4+ hours daily, this may work for you.

on 5/25/2014 8:50:00 PM

I tried two different colors of this foundation and both of them oxidized horribly once applied. My usual color turned a whole 2 shades darker than my skin (I wear CG simply ageless in Creamy Natural).

The smell was o.k. and the texture was nice. It seemed to dry a bit fast though. It faded as the day wore on and I was very glad to remove it in the evening. I have to say it's one of the worst foundations I've ever tried and wouldn't even consider purchasing it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Purchased 4.13.14. Its in the glass bottle with raised lettering.

SHADE: I am "Light Olive" complexion (about NC25), and more akin to the Everyday Minerals Light Olive. GG TruBlend (M4) is a good shade match. I avoid PEACH, NO PINK, no ORANGE like the plague. I did find this shade is teensy bit darker than me.

COVERAGE: This is a "natural looking" foundation - akin to its main competitor, L'oreal TruMatch...but a little bit more, and none of L'oreal's TruMatch's God-awful brown/orange oxidation. So of your bare skin tone is uneven or blotchy, YES, this is for you! If you have bad pimples etc. this is NOT for you. Wait till your skin clears. I am oily, and put a little powder (The Body Shop All-in1 FB in 52) over this. Glowing and not oily. Perfect.

BREAKOUTS/IRRITATION: TBD. If I have irritation/breakouts, I will report back and tell you. However, Paula's Choice does not indicate its likely to cause irritation, but then again, this is not "mineral" makeup and alcohol derivatives and acrylates make me wonder. Also, I did feel a "tingle" in applying....and Paula says tingling is bad.

9/3/2016: I have not repurchased.. I gave away this one bottle due to the fact I really do prefer MORE coverage, and fear of tempting breakouts due to the ingredients giving me a tingle, which is an indication of irritation. Overall, I just want to congratulate drugstores for FINALLY adding shades for olive toned population ( a HUGE population -- Latinos, Middle Eastern, Indian, southern European, South Americans, etc etc etc)