Hera CC Cream

Hera CC Cream

3.7

on 8/29/2016 11:29:00 PM

I'm really surprised by the lukewarm and negative reviews! The coverage is medium teetering on full (particularly for redness), the finish is slightly dewy and hyper-real (that "too perfect" ceramic smooth finish) and it's kind to dry skin. I can see why it wouldn't work for oily skin types or hot, humid conditions as it doesn't completely dry down, retaining that hydrating but slightly tacky feel. The other pitfall is that by the end of an 8 hour work day, this shows signs of wear but that can be said for many foundations and for a cc cream the longevity is respectable. I love that I can basically smother this all over my face like a moisturiser with my fingers and it blends perfectly and looks great with zero effort. It also doesn't cause any breakouts or irritation and my skin actually looks better when I take it off. So it's perfect for the gym and lazy days.

on 9/25/2014 9:30:00 PM

I only tried some samples in 01 (Pink Beige) and it's pretty decent. The color matches my skin tone and the look is natural with a little bit of dewy feeling to it. The texture is somewhat heavier than Hera's UV mist cushion, so it does offer a bit more coverage.

My skin tends to get somewhat oily especially around the t zone after a few hours, so the perfect product to go with this cc cream is the GOSH prime n set primer & mattifying setting powder, which is a primer in a powdery form. This primer keeps my face looking fresh much longer. Those who have oily skin and don't want to purchase another primer can try applying a thin layer of face powder before applying this cc cream (or any other liquid foundation) - a trick I learned from Wayne Goss on youtube.

The fragrance, just like the Hera UV mist cushion, is quite strong. Although it smells pretty nice I prefer fragrance free products, and that's why I took a star off the overall rating.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/25/2014 2:40:00 AM

A friend raved about this product and gave me some sample in 01 (pink beige). The colour was too pink for me, so I thought 02 (natural beige) should be my colour since my skin tone is more yellow. However, even 02 was too pink for me. Very disappointed that neither colour was a fit for me.

Color aside, I like the texture. It almost feels like liquid foundation. It hardly transfers, stays well on skin and gives light to medium coverage. The cream smells nice though I find it pretty strong for something I would put on my face. I'm used to using fragrance free stuff on my face.

I like the packaging. It comes in a tube with a pump. Looks classy and is hygienic. Easy to bring around.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I tried the sample. It's very Nice and natural coverage but after a few hours making my skin appear greasy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This was a very decent CC cream. It's definitely more of a BB cream in my opinion though since it offers a higher coverage than your standard CC cream. It has light to medium coverage and has a very beautiful natural-dewy finish. It also has a slightly strong perfumey scent which I wasn't bothered by but if you are sensitive to scents in your products, please be aware of this.

It goes on your skin pretty smoothly and doesn't look too obvious or cakey unless you build it up too much. My issue was that I felt like it didn't give me the coverage that I desired. I have some pretty bad acne scarring and this cream just didn't really cover that well. The oil control was just so-so as well. After about 3 hours I needed to repowder. I also felt that considering the hefty price tag, this really didn't wow me enough for me to be able to justify the price. I felt that I had tried other BB creams in the past that were of similar quality to this.

That said, for those with relatively good skin I think this would be a really great match for you because it does give you a flawless finish. But for those who seek more coverage, this won't cut it for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Tried sample. Looks natural and very light