100 Percent Pure Yuzu & Pomelo Glossing Shampoo

Not tested on animals

on 6/16/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am loving this shampoo for summer! It has a lovely, light citrus scent, lathers amazingly well, rinses out easily, and leaves my hair feeling clean, not stripped. I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease, and this product is gluten free (as are all 100% Pure shampoos and conditioners) and works better than any other gluten-free shampoo I've tried (Jason, Savonnerie, and others). I've already repurchased.

on 2/11/2014 9:47:00 AM

I got a very generous sample of this from a web order I placed with 100% Pure - you got a sample of each of their shampoos & conditioners, plus their signature hairbrush, all in a cloth bag (quite the sampler set!) I loved (2) of the shampoos, the Honey Coconut repairing shampoo (which I wrote a separate review for), and this one. I have never had "glossy" hair. I was born platinum blonde & curly, and it darkened up to a deep ash blonde color with a poufy weird "wavey" texture. Often mistaken as "light brown." I have proceeded to bleach it, highlight, dye, etc, to a light blonde color, but even before I did, my hair never had a "shine," no matter what I used. I've used hundreds of hair products over the years, from high to low-end. This shampoo was the first that I feel I can say "glossed" my hair, without giving it the greasy spray-shine-serum look, all without nasty 'cones or chemicals. It's incredibly moisturizing; my hair drank it up. Yes, it's a very thin formula, most natural shampoos are, but surprisingly, it lathered well. Keep in mind that it's a natural shampoo & that it is going to come out of the tube faster, and you will be fine. It has a really nice, light citrus scent, that doesn't smell fake like the Garnier hair products. Even if you don't like citrus scents, no worries, the fragrance doesn't last. I found that this shampoo is not going to work as well on second or third day dirty hair; I just do a quick cleansing with my Jason Biotin shampoo first, which I swear could strip paint (hence the QUICK wash), and then follow with this shampoo & the results are amazing. I was not nearly as impressed with the conditioner (nor the Honey Coconut one); they were not moisturizing enough. But this shampoo is a definite re-purchase. All this & cruelty-free too!