Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I brought this on a whim at the airport during a long layover. Initially I thought I would immediately regret this purchase but once I got home and tried it on properly with a loose brush in natural daylight of my bathroom I could see it is very natural and actually everything I wished the infamous Laura Mercer powder, or MUFE loose HD powder would have been for me (both either too pale or flashback). I'm a Medium-deep golden in complexion (Shades NC40-NC42, Bobbi Brown Stick in shade 4.0, Armani Luminous in 5.75 mixed with 6.0, Maybelline Fit me! Dewy in Shade 220 ) with combination / dry skin I got this shade in Medium Deep shade, I think I could have gotten away with using the Medium shade, but since my forehead is slightly darker then my the rest of my face like a lot of women with deeper skin tones, this doesn't look ashy or orange or reddish. which a lot of medium deep colors tend to go toward. Its not cheap, but not the most expensive so I don't think the price is that bad. This is a setting powder with little coverage, but just finishes and pulls your complexion together, it photographs very nicely- even in natural daylight. i haven't experienced any caking but if you are looking for something more heavy coverage or pigmented then this is not for you. Would repurchase.

on 7/22/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

AWFUL, I took it back, looked cakey, made pores look huge, going back to my GOOD old
Laura Mercier setting powder, cant beat it

on 6/3/2016 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The most amazing, light-weight, buildable coverage powder ever. I've used this over several foundations and you really can't go wrong. It keeps foundation from caking/sliding all over the world, concealer from creasing, and oily spot from...oiling? It doesn't settle funky into my pores like most powders do and if I'm having an exceptionally dry day it won't stick to my flakeys.

on 3/29/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best powder I've ever used - loose or pressed. It makes my skin look so smooth and finishes my makeup perfectly. I can use it under my eyes with zero caking, and it blurs the pores around my nose perfectly. I actually need less foundation and concealer now. I'm also touching up half as much as I used to during the day. I use the Clinique Beyond Perfecting powder as my foundation, and I love it, but it doesn't have the smoothest finish. A little bit of this loose powder makes my face look flawless, which it definitely is not. The container it comes in is a little much. Too much packaging for a small amount of product, and a locking sifter would be nice. That being said, the product itself is absolute hg material!

on 11/13/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a really nice finishing powder, I bought it after noticing a review from Temptalia where Christine mentioned it was one of her HG products. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out what color I was supposed to be because a lot of the medium tones were very similar looking (I was in Ulta and even asked an employee). As it turns out, if I was to try and really pack it onto my skin, then the shade Medium is just a bit too dark for NC35, so I will consider repurchasing a shade lighter next time. The powder is finely milled as everyone else has mentioned, and it does feel very smooth. I like that it isn't noticeable on the skin, and have liked the way that it wears throughout the day. I don't use it particularly to deter any oiliness, as I am a dry skinned person, but I mainly want it to serve its purpose to "blur" lines and make the skin look smoother.

I do like the packaging- it feels a heck of a lot nicer than the old Neutrogena powder I had prior! I do think that it is a bit pricey, but I like the effect it gives.

on 8/23/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked how this looked and felt. No scent issues, very nice, sheer blending. Unfortunately, I had an allergic reaction to it. I will be going back to my MAC Select Sheer powder. I am bummed I reacted to it. The one bad thing (besides my personal issue) is that it does have the powder visibility issue when a flash is used.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the reviews for this powder (the existence of which I'd somehow missed til now), I got a sample at Sephora. The SA was going to give me the 2nd lightest shade but realized quickly (as did I) that I needed the lightest. It's surprising that there isn't a lighter shade because I'm NW15/20 but it's summer so I'm probably closer to 20 which means there are loads of women with fairer skin than mine who won't be able to use this product. I was also surprised that it was fairly pricey for a loose powder. BUT...having said that, I love this stuff. I apply it over my BB cream and it gives just that extra bit of colour/coverage but also makes for a nicer finished product and keeps the middle of my face from looking shiny. It also helps the BB cream (or foundation) last longer and look fresher longer.

I have a LOT of finishing and setting powders in my collection and I really need to start using up some of them before I purchase a new one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this when the time comes that I need a new finishing powder. Good product, though pricey, but worth a try if you can find a good colour match.

on 6/26/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The UD Naked foundation has become my HG along with this powder. This powder is so fine and smooth. It blurs any fine lines and imperfections. I am a professional make-up artist and have yet to find a powder quite like this one. It is a perfect color match for my skin and doesn't look "powdery". I have very oily skin, acne prone and sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out. I use milk of magnesia for a primer, spray UD de slick spray, apple UD naked foundation, this powder, finish the rest of my make-up application and spray de slick again. This make-up routine is fantastic and will last my 12 hour work days. I highly recommend this powder along with all the product mentioned. HG powder..try it!

on 4/12/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't looking for loose powder by just grab it from the shelf, out of habit, bad bad habit.
This is a basically a silica powder, nothing special, and of course it feels like silk, silica, silicone, they are of the same family.
MUFE, Mac Prep & Prime, just to name a few, are of the same.
I don't like it for the price, which, on the other hand the loose powder by E.L.F. is pretty much the same thing, for a fraction of the $$$.

on 4/12/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have combination skin, a very oily tzone with normal cheeks and dryness around my jawline. I love this finishing powder! I'll say right off the bat that I get normal wear with this, I have to blot my tzone every two-three hours, same as every other product I've ever tried, however, that does not mean this doesn't work (this product does not claim to battle shine all day). This gives me the most perfect, soft focused, airbrushed look. My MUFE HD powder always made me look very matte and flat, this powder gives me a defined look, like I have beautiful, healthy skin. It absolutely minimizes all the imperfections on my face, and the thing I love about it most, I use a sponge to pat it on my large pores around my nose that extend to my cheeks, it blurs them better than anything I have ever tried (including my guerlain powders, mattifying primers, and setting sprays, you name it and I've tried it). I use the color medium light and it doesn't really have a noticeable color on my skin. Oh, I almost didn't mention this powder feels like silk against my skin, literally the finest textured loose powder I have ever come across. I think someone mentioned this seems to just melt right onto your skin, and that is exactly how it feels. I apply this all over with a big fluffy powder brush (Hakuhodo J104) and use a sponge on my large pore area by the nose. I highly recommend this!