Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I brought this on a whim at the airport during a long layover. Initially I thought I would immediately regret this purchase but once I got home and tried it on properly with a loose brush in natural daylight of my bathroom I could see it is very natural and actually everything I wished the infamous Laura Mercer powder, or MUFE loose HD powder would have been for me (both either too pale or flashback). I'm a Medium-deep golden in complexion (Shades NC40-NC42, Bobbi Brown Stick in shade 4.0, Armani Luminous in 5.75 mixed with 6.0, Maybelline Fit me! Dewy in Shade 220 ) with combination / dry skin I got this shade in Medium Deep shade, I think I could have gotten away with using the Medium shade, but since my forehead is slightly darker then my the rest of my face like a lot of women with deeper skin tones, this doesn't look ashy or orange or reddish. which a lot of medium deep colors tend to go toward. Its not cheap, but not the most expensive so I don't think the price is that bad. This is a setting powder with little coverage, but just finishes and pulls your complexion together, it photographs very nicely- even in natural daylight. i haven't experienced any caking but if you are looking for something more heavy coverage or pigmented then this is not for you. Would repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have yet to find a less expensive alternative for this product. It makes my pores less visible and erases shine for the day. I notice a difference when I forget to use it, my skin gets so oily and my makeup melts off after a few hours. I have repurchased this product and the shade light matches my nc20-25 skin really well, it doesn't really add any coverage besides a blurring and anti-shine effect, which is everything I want in a finishing powder.

Very small amount of product for a high price. it has a wonderful feel but zero coverage and negligible amount of pigment. I'm an nc25 and the darkest shade was invisible. I'll stick with Lancome absolue golden .

This is such a fantastic powder. It blurs wonderfully and sets my makeup so well and also is practically invisible so it looks like it's my skin that's perfect. My only complaint is it only has .2 of an ounce of powder in the container and its $38! But it's pretty much worth the splurge.

on 7/22/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

AWFUL, I took it back, looked cakey, made pores look huge, going back to my GOOD old
Laura Mercier setting powder, cant beat it

on 6/3/2016 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The most amazing, light-weight, buildable coverage powder ever. I've used this over several foundations and you really can't go wrong. It keeps foundation from caking/sliding all over the world, concealer from creasing, and oily spot from...oiling? It doesn't settle funky into my pores like most powders do and if I'm having an exceptionally dry day it won't stick to my flakeys.

on 3/29/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best powder I've ever used - loose or pressed. It makes my skin look so smooth and finishes my makeup perfectly. I can use it under my eyes with zero caking, and it blurs the pores around my nose perfectly. I actually need less foundation and concealer now. I'm also touching up half as much as I used to during the day. I use the Clinique Beyond Perfecting powder as my foundation, and I love it, but it doesn't have the smoothest finish. A little bit of this loose powder makes my face look flawless, which it definitely is not. The container it comes in is a little much. Too much packaging for a small amount of product, and a locking sifter would be nice. That being said, the product itself is absolute hg material!

on 11/13/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a really nice finishing powder, I bought it after noticing a review from Temptalia where Christine mentioned it was one of her HG products. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out what color I was supposed to be because a lot of the medium tones were very similar looking (I was in Ulta and even asked an employee). As it turns out, if I was to try and really pack it onto my skin, then the shade Medium is just a bit too dark for NC35, so I will consider repurchasing a shade lighter next time. The powder is finely milled as everyone else has mentioned, and it does feel very smooth. I like that it isn't noticeable on the skin, and have liked the way that it wears throughout the day. I don't use it particularly to deter any oiliness, as I am a dry skinned person, but I mainly want it to serve its purpose to "blur" lines and make the skin look smoother.

I do like the packaging- it feels a heck of a lot nicer than the old Neutrogena powder I had prior! I do think that it is a bit pricey, but I like the effect it gives.

I love this stuff! Keeps my foundation on for longer, gives my skin a smooth appearance and seems to even out any cakiness around my nose area that foundation creates. I use this all over my face with a large powder brush, including my under eyes since it sets the concealer perfectly and prevents creasing. My only gripe would be that for the price you don't get a lot, but they hide it by making the plastic container really thick. You get 8g, to put that into perspective Collection's sheer loose powder has 20g for £2.99! However the powder has lasted around 4 months since you only need a small amount.
Since I have almost ran out of this stuff and my local department store had sold out of my shade (light - I'm nc15/ Mont Blanc in nars), I had to go with a Mac prep and prime finishing powder. Mac certainly has a lot to live up to!

on 11/25/2015 11:03:00 AM

I bought this product in the hopes of using it every day but unfortunately I had to admit that it was just too damn dark for my skin. They could definitely bring out a paler option. The texture is SO beautiful and silky. For me it's a little too matte to use for everyday makeup. I use this whenever I'm on stage now (since I have to wear darker makeup) and I love it, however I do wish I could use it more often.