Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I brought this on a whim at the airport during a long layover. Initially I thought I would immediately regret this purchase but once I got home and tried it on properly with a loose brush in natural daylight of my bathroom I could see it is very natural and actually everything I wished the infamous Laura Mercer powder, or MUFE loose HD powder would have been for me (both either too pale or flashback). I'm a Medium-deep golden in complexion (Shades NC40-NC42, Bobbi Brown Stick in shade 4.0, Armani Luminous in 5.75 mixed with 6.0, Maybelline Fit me! Dewy in Shade 220 ) with combination / dry skin I got this shade in Medium Deep shade, I think I could have gotten away with using the Medium shade, but since my forehead is slightly darker then my the rest of my face like a lot of women with deeper skin tones, this doesn't look ashy or orange or reddish. which a lot of medium deep colors tend to go toward. Its not cheap, but not the most expensive so I don't think the price is that bad. This is a setting powder with little coverage, but just finishes and pulls your complexion together, it photographs very nicely- even in natural daylight. i haven't experienced any caking but if you are looking for something more heavy coverage or pigmented then this is not for you. Would repurchase.

on 6/3/2016 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The most amazing, light-weight, buildable coverage powder ever. I've used this over several foundations and you really can't go wrong. It keeps foundation from caking/sliding all over the world, concealer from creasing, and oily spot from...oiling? It doesn't settle funky into my pores like most powders do and if I'm having an exceptionally dry day it won't stick to my flakeys.

on 11/13/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a really nice finishing powder, I bought it after noticing a review from Temptalia where Christine mentioned it was one of her HG products. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out what color I was supposed to be because a lot of the medium tones were very similar looking (I was in Ulta and even asked an employee). As it turns out, if I was to try and really pack it onto my skin, then the shade Medium is just a bit too dark for NC35, so I will consider repurchasing a shade lighter next time. The powder is finely milled as everyone else has mentioned, and it does feel very smooth. I like that it isn't noticeable on the skin, and have liked the way that it wears throughout the day. I don't use it particularly to deter any oiliness, as I am a dry skinned person, but I mainly want it to serve its purpose to "blur" lines and make the skin look smoother.

I do like the packaging- it feels a heck of a lot nicer than the old Neutrogena powder I had prior! I do think that it is a bit pricey, but I like the effect it gives.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Spent hours researching the product and subsequently, which shade would best suit me. Went shopping recently for foundation which proved nightmarish because of my wretched skin tone. My cheeks are riddled with pigmentation and the skin tone is relatively darker than my jawline. Hence the challenge was to find a colour that can suit both tones without looking like a kabuki performer or ridiculously overtanned. Managed to find it in Clinique. Then came the setting/finishing powder. Wasn't too crazy about Clinique's blended loose powder and settled on the fave reviews of this product.

Reviews of this product 's texture is mostly true. Finely milled powder makes for a beautiful finishing. Shade selection proved more challenging. The middle 3 shades of med light, med and med dark were too close to make an online selection for a 1st purchase. According to Urban Decay's website, I suited their Medium Light shade. However it looked too yellow for my liking, and I'm glad I took the trouble and pain to visit their counter in person. Medium was more suitable according to the consultant despite the fact that she paired me with their Naked foundation in 3.5. She was right and I am glad because the website's suggestion (Medium Light) was indeed too light. Go figure! Please ladies, take the trouble (if you can) to visit the counter in person when it comes to colour selection in face makeup. Nothing bothers me more when I have to arrange for an online refund. I really hope this helps. Good luck ladies!

Best loose powder I've tried in a long time. It's very, very finely milled and goes on like a dream. It blurs imperfections and holds up well on my oily skin - doesn't disappear or get cakey. The price point is a bit high for a loose powder, but I think it's worth it. Great product.

on 4/12/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't looking for loose powder by just grab it from the shelf, out of habit, bad bad habit.
This is a basically a silica powder, nothing special, and of course it feels like silk, silica, silicone, they are of the same family.
MUFE, Mac Prep & Prime, just to name a few, are of the same.
I don't like it for the price, which, on the other hand the loose powder by E.L.F. is pretty much the same thing, for a fraction of the $$$.