Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

on 4/12/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have combination skin, a very oily tzone with normal cheeks and dryness around my jawline. I love this finishing powder! I'll say right off the bat that I get normal wear with this, I have to blot my tzone every two-three hours, same as every other product I've ever tried, however, that does not mean this doesn't work (this product does not claim to battle shine all day). This gives me the most perfect, soft focused, airbrushed look. My MUFE HD powder always made me look very matte and flat, this powder gives me a defined look, like I have beautiful, healthy skin. It absolutely minimizes all the imperfections on my face, and the thing I love about it most, I use a sponge to pat it on my large pores around my nose that extend to my cheeks, it blurs them better than anything I have ever tried (including my guerlain powders, mattifying primers, and setting sprays, you name it and I've tried it). I use the color medium light and it doesn't really have a noticeable color on my skin. Oh, I almost didn't mention this powder feels like silk against my skin, literally the finest textured loose powder I have ever come across. I think someone mentioned this seems to just melt right onto your skin, and that is exactly how it feels. I apply this all over with a big fluffy powder brush (Hakuhodo J104) and use a sponge on my large pore area by the nose. I highly recommend this!

on 2/10/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was skeptical at first to buy this as I thought that it was too pricey for a loose powder. There is also not much product inside of it for the price. I wasn't able to get a sample of this but I bought it anyway because it didn't have parabens, sulfates and phtaletes which is a bonus for me. I do have to say that I am very impressed with this. I have combo/oily skin and it definitely made my skin less shiny. I literally had the powder on my face for a good 6 hrs before I had to blot. I got this in medium dark since I'm an NC44/NC45. The powder is very fine and you only need a little bit of it. You just have to be careful of not applying to much as it can look a bit powdery. My face looked flawless in person and I can tell that this is definitely a good quality powder. My only annoyance with this is that eventhough it has a sifter, it doesn't have that twist part when you close up the sifter so that when you take it on the go, it doesn't make a mess every where.
I would definitely buy this again when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Razor Sharp Powder by Urban Decay (now discontinued and replaced with the Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Powder) so I didn't expect much from this product. Im glad to say I was actually a bit hasty!

This product when dusted loosely over foundation, blurs out small imperfections and seems to smooth out pores. The micro fine, silky particles of powder spread easily and effortlessly and distribute evenly.

I have applied this over BB/CC Cream and over regular moisturiser and it delivers a decent light coverage, so if you have a naturally clear complexion, you'll love this product because it enhances a natural complexion rather than offering coverage. (For colour correction or coverage, try Urban Decays other powder, the Naked Skin Pressed Powder).

I have also lightly applied this over foundation and it makes the foundation look smoother. But only use a little as too much can look a little too 'powdery'.

Be careful if you're using this for flash photography! I wouldn't use this as it contains Titanium Dioxide which gives horrendous flashback in pictures, resulting in the 'Casper face' effect! If you want a powder to use under flash photography and you want it from Urban Decay, I would invest in the Naked Skin Pressed Powder as it looks phenomenal under the intensity of the flash. But for every day use, I'd go for the Naked Skin Loose Powder.

TIP: Try This!!!

Apply a light dusting of the Naked Skin Loose Powder over bare skin BEFORE applying foundation! It sounds crazy, but its a trick some backstage makeup artists use to create a beautiful HD effect to the foundation. It also helps the foundation adhere to the skin and controls any surface oil from beneath the foundation. The trick is to dust a light amount over the skin first.

on 9/9/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. It provides a soft focus finish and blends seamlessly into my foundation. I'm allergic to talc and this powder is talc free. It's absolutely undetectable but gives me a nice matte finish that lasts for hours. I use it as a setting powder for my foundation and cream blush and it tamps down the shine without looking heavy or cakey. It's incredibly lightweight and yet it works as well as heavier setting powders without an overly powdered finish. My only complaint is that there is very little product in the package. I try to conserve it by mixing it with the ELF HD powder on days when I'm just doing errands or nothing particularly important. However, for work days or special occasions, I use it alone and it looks beautifully natural. I apply it with a huge Smashbox natural bristle powder brush which helps give me light, believable coverage with just a few swipes. I love everything about this powder and have purchased it many times. It's a product that I simply can't live without. I highly recommend it for anyone using a light coverage foundation that needs a soft focus setting powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I have been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay finishing powder for years and recently noticed that it would cling to dry patches and sometimes leave a white a cast to my face if I didn't the blend the hell out of it. So I went in search of a new finishing powder. I almost passed by this one from Urban Decay. I had used their old Razor Sharp (discontinued) powder in the past and wasn't a fan, plus the $34USD price tag put me off a bit. But I threw caution to the wind and bought it anyway. It is fantastic! It is the most finely milled powder I have EVER tried. Seriously. It melts into my skin in a way I didn't think powder could. Naked Skin mattifies very well but not too matte. There's just enough luminosity peaking through to keep skin from looking flat. And it is almost impossible to apply too much, this stuff just doesn't cake up. I love that the powder is tinted so I never have to worry about it leaving a white cast to my skin. Even though it is tinted it does not provide coverage, it isn't supposed to though. If you are looking for a loose powder to provide actual coverage, look elsewhere. It does seem to blur the look of my skin and sets concealer and foundation very well. The packaging is gorgeous! A clear jar with a silver lid and sifter, it has a very luxurious look. UD hit this one out of the park and I will definitely buy again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I brought this on a whim at the airport during a long layover. Initially I thought I would immediately regret this purchase but once I got home and tried it on properly with a loose brush in natural daylight of my bathroom I could see it is very natural and actually everything I wished the infamous Laura Mercer powder, or MUFE loose HD powder would have been for me (both either too pale or flashback). I'm a Medium-deep golden in complexion (Shades NC40-NC42, Bobbi Brown Stick in shade 4.0, Armani Luminous in 5.75 mixed with 6.0, Maybelline Fit me! Dewy in Shade 220 ) with combination / dry skin I got this shade in Medium Deep shade, I think I could have gotten away with using the Medium shade, but since my forehead is slightly darker then my the rest of my face like a lot of women with deeper skin tones, this doesn't look ashy or orange or reddish. which a lot of medium deep colors tend to go toward. Its not cheap, but not the most expensive so I don't think the price is that bad. This is a setting powder with little coverage, but just finishes and pulls your complexion together, it photographs very nicely- even in natural daylight. i haven't experienced any caking but if you are looking for something more heavy coverage or pigmented then this is not for you. Would repurchase.

I love this stuff! Keeps my foundation on for longer, gives my skin a smooth appearance and seems to even out any cakiness around my nose area that foundation creates. I use this all over my face with a large powder brush, including my under eyes since it sets the concealer perfectly and prevents creasing. My only gripe would be that for the price you don't get a lot, but they hide it by making the plastic container really thick. You get 8g, to put that into perspective Collection's sheer loose powder has 20g for £2.99! However the powder has lasted around 4 months since you only need a small amount.
Since I have almost ran out of this stuff and my local department store had sold out of my shade (light - I'm nc15/ Mont Blanc in nars), I had to go with a Mac prep and prime finishing powder. Mac certainly has a lot to live up to!

on 11/13/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a really nice finishing powder, I bought it after noticing a review from Temptalia where Christine mentioned it was one of her HG products. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out what color I was supposed to be because a lot of the medium tones were very similar looking (I was in Ulta and even asked an employee). As it turns out, if I was to try and really pack it onto my skin, then the shade Medium is just a bit too dark for NC35, so I will consider repurchasing a shade lighter next time. The powder is finely milled as everyone else has mentioned, and it does feel very smooth. I like that it isn't noticeable on the skin, and have liked the way that it wears throughout the day. I don't use it particularly to deter any oiliness, as I am a dry skinned person, but I mainly want it to serve its purpose to "blur" lines and make the skin look smoother.

I do like the packaging- it feels a heck of a lot nicer than the old Neutrogena powder I had prior! I do think that it is a bit pricey, but I like the effect it gives.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Spent hours researching the product and subsequently, which shade would best suit me. Went shopping recently for foundation which proved nightmarish because of my wretched skin tone. My cheeks are riddled with pigmentation and the skin tone is relatively darker than my jawline. Hence the challenge was to find a colour that can suit both tones without looking like a kabuki performer or ridiculously overtanned. Managed to find it in Clinique. Then came the setting/finishing powder. Wasn't too crazy about Clinique's blended loose powder and settled on the fave reviews of this product.

Reviews of this product 's texture is mostly true. Finely milled powder makes for a beautiful finishing. Shade selection proved more challenging. The middle 3 shades of med light, med and med dark were too close to make an online selection for a 1st purchase. According to Urban Decay's website, I suited their Medium Light shade. However it looked too yellow for my liking, and I'm glad I took the trouble and pain to visit their counter in person. Medium was more suitable according to the consultant despite the fact that she paired me with their Naked foundation in 3.5. She was right and I am glad because the website's suggestion (Medium Light) was indeed too light. Go figure! Please ladies, take the trouble (if you can) to visit the counter in person when it comes to colour selection in face makeup. Nothing bothers me more when I have to arrange for an online refund. I really hope this helps. Good luck ladies!

on 8/23/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked how this looked and felt. No scent issues, very nice, sheer blending. Unfortunately, I had an allergic reaction to it. I will be going back to my MAC Select Sheer powder. I am bummed I reacted to it. The one bad thing (besides my personal issue) is that it does have the powder visibility issue when a flash is used.