Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

on 2/10/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was skeptical at first to buy this as I thought that it was too pricey for a loose powder. There is also not much product inside of it for the price. I wasn't able to get a sample of this but I bought it anyway because it didn't have parabens, sulfates and phtaletes which is a bonus for me. I do have to say that I am very impressed with this. I have combo/oily skin and it definitely made my skin less shiny. I literally had the powder on my face for a good 6 hrs before I had to blot. I got this in medium dark since I'm an NC44/NC45. The powder is very fine and you only need a little bit of it. You just have to be careful of not applying to much as it can look a bit powdery. My face looked flawless in person and I can tell that this is definitely a good quality powder. My only annoyance with this is that eventhough it has a sifter, it doesn't have that twist part when you close up the sifter so that when you take it on the go, it doesn't make a mess every where.
I would definitely buy this again when I run out.

on 3/12/2014 12:54:00 PM

Luckily I received this as a gift because it is pretty pricey for a powder but I'm so glad I did. This powder is very fine and creates a soft diffused look. It erases imperfections when paired with foundation. I wish the packaging was more like the MUFE high definition because it does get messy. To alleviate the mess I covered three of the holes with scotch tape so only one opening pours the powder, this had help tremendously. If you're looking for a powder to erase shine and disappear pores this is for you. Urban decay's naked line is nothing short of amazing. This powder holds it's weight between the higher Lux brands such a Chanel. If you aren't prepared to spend the money save those ulta coupons and definitely buy at a lower price. I will purchase when I run out.

on 3/14/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this. It's light and yet gives a nice smooth coverage. And for those of you like me, this powder does not set into fine lines. It's expensive, but I think I will be able to use it for almost a year.

LOVE the product but the color makes me rate it a 3 :( I'm not extremely pale but even the lightest shade gives me skin such a weird dark pink tint. Sucks because this wasn't cheap and love the product other than the color :\

on 4/12/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have combination skin, a very oily tzone with normal cheeks and dryness around my jawline. I love this finishing powder! I'll say right off the bat that I get normal wear with this, I have to blot my tzone every two-three hours, same as every other product I've ever tried, however, that does not mean this doesn't work (this product does not claim to battle shine all day). This gives me the most perfect, soft focused, airbrushed look. My MUFE HD powder always made me look very matte and flat, this powder gives me a defined look, like I have beautiful, healthy skin. It absolutely minimizes all the imperfections on my face, and the thing I love about it most, I use a sponge to pat it on my large pores around my nose that extend to my cheeks, it blurs them better than anything I have ever tried (including my guerlain powders, mattifying primers, and setting sprays, you name it and I've tried it). I use the color medium light and it doesn't really have a noticeable color on my skin. Oh, I almost didn't mention this powder feels like silk against my skin, literally the finest textured loose powder I have ever come across. I think someone mentioned this seems to just melt right onto your skin, and that is exactly how it feels. I apply this all over with a big fluffy powder brush (Hakuhodo J104) and use a sponge on my large pore area by the nose. I highly recommend this!

on 4/12/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't looking for loose powder by just grab it from the shelf, out of habit, bad bad habit.
This is a basically a silica powder, nothing special, and of course it feels like silk, silica, silicone, they are of the same family.
MUFE, Mac Prep & Prime, just to name a few, are of the same.
I don't like it for the price, which, on the other hand the loose powder by E.L.F. is pretty much the same thing, for a fraction of the $$$.

One of the finest milled powders I've found. Adds a little coverage too. Very nice packaging and it's perfect for my super oily skin! Better than my mac msf natural In my opinion.

on 6/26/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The UD Naked foundation has become my HG along with this powder. This powder is so fine and smooth. It blurs any fine lines and imperfections. I am a professional make-up artist and have yet to find a powder quite like this one. It is a perfect color match for my skin and doesn't look "powdery". I have very oily skin, acne prone and sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out. I use milk of magnesia for a primer, spray UD de slick spray, apple UD naked foundation, this powder, finish the rest of my make-up application and spray de slick again. This make-up routine is fantastic and will last my 12 hour work days. I highly recommend this powder along with all the product mentioned. HG powder..try it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the reviews for this powder (the existence of which I'd somehow missed til now), I got a sample at Sephora. The SA was going to give me the 2nd lightest shade but realized quickly (as did I) that I needed the lightest. It's surprising that there isn't a lighter shade because I'm NW15/20 but it's summer so I'm probably closer to 20 which means there are loads of women with fairer skin than mine who won't be able to use this product. I was also surprised that it was fairly pricey for a loose powder. BUT...having said that, I love this stuff. I apply it over my BB cream and it gives just that extra bit of colour/coverage but also makes for a nicer finished product and keeps the middle of my face from looking shiny. It also helps the BB cream (or foundation) last longer and look fresher longer.

I have a LOT of finishing and setting powders in my collection and I really need to start using up some of them before I purchase a new one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this when the time comes that I need a new finishing powder. Good product, though pricey, but worth a try if you can find a good colour match.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Razor Sharp Powder by Urban Decay (now discontinued and replaced with the Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Powder) so I didn't expect much from this product. Im glad to say I was actually a bit hasty!

This product when dusted loosely over foundation, blurs out small imperfections and seems to smooth out pores. The micro fine, silky particles of powder spread easily and effortlessly and distribute evenly.

I have applied this over BB/CC Cream and over regular moisturiser and it delivers a decent light coverage, so if you have a naturally clear complexion, you'll love this product because it enhances a natural complexion rather than offering coverage. (For colour correction or coverage, try Urban Decays other powder, the Naked Skin Pressed Powder).

I have also lightly applied this over foundation and it makes the foundation look smoother. But only use a little as too much can look a little too 'powdery'.

Be careful if you're using this for flash photography! I wouldn't use this as it contains Titanium Dioxide which gives horrendous flashback in pictures, resulting in the 'Casper face' effect! If you want a powder to use under flash photography and you want it from Urban Decay, I would invest in the Naked Skin Pressed Powder as it looks phenomenal under the intensity of the flash. But for every day use, I'd go for the Naked Skin Loose Powder.

TIP: Try This!!!

Apply a light dusting of the Naked Skin Loose Powder over bare skin BEFORE applying foundation! It sounds crazy, but its a trick some backstage makeup artists use to create a beautiful HD effect to the foundation. It also helps the foundation adhere to the skin and controls any surface oil from beneath the foundation. The trick is to dust a light amount over the skin first.