Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Spent hours researching the product and subsequently, which shade would best suit me. Went shopping recently for foundation which proved nightmarish because of my wretched skin tone. My cheeks are riddled with pigmentation and the skin tone is relatively darker than my jawline. Hence the challenge was to find a colour that can suit both tones without looking like a kabuki performer or ridiculously overtanned. Managed to find it in Clinique. Then came the setting/finishing powder. Wasn't too crazy about Clinique's blended loose powder and settled on the fave reviews of this product.

Reviews of this product 's texture is mostly true. Finely milled powder makes for a beautiful finishing. Shade selection proved more challenging. The middle 3 shades of med light, med and med dark were too close to make an online selection for a 1st purchase. According to Urban Decay's website, I suited their Medium Light shade. However it looked too yellow for my liking, and I'm glad I took the trouble and pain to visit their counter in person. Medium was more suitable according to the consultant despite the fact that she paired me with their Naked foundation in 3.5. She was right and I am glad because the website's suggestion (Medium Light) was indeed too light. Go figure! Please ladies, take the trouble (if you can) to visit the counter in person when it comes to colour selection in face makeup. Nothing bothers me more when I have to arrange for an online refund. I really hope this helps. Good luck ladies!

on 9/9/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. It provides a soft focus finish and blends seamlessly into my foundation. I'm allergic to talc and this powder is talc free. It's absolutely undetectable but gives me a nice matte finish that lasts for hours. I use it as a setting powder for my foundation and cream blush and it tamps down the shine without looking heavy or cakey. It's incredibly lightweight and yet it works as well as heavier setting powders without an overly powdered finish. My only complaint is that there is very little product in the package. I try to conserve it by mixing it with the ELF HD powder on days when I'm just doing errands or nothing particularly important. However, for work days or special occasions, I use it alone and it looks beautifully natural. I apply it with a huge Smashbox natural bristle powder brush which helps give me light, believable coverage with just a few swipes. I love everything about this powder and have purchased it many times. It's a product that I simply can't live without. I highly recommend it for anyone using a light coverage foundation that needs a soft focus setting powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the reviews for this powder (the existence of which I'd somehow missed til now), I got a sample at Sephora. The SA was going to give me the 2nd lightest shade but realized quickly (as did I) that I needed the lightest. It's surprising that there isn't a lighter shade because I'm NW15/20 but it's summer so I'm probably closer to 20 which means there are loads of women with fairer skin than mine who won't be able to use this product. I was also surprised that it was fairly pricey for a loose powder. BUT...having said that, I love this stuff. I apply it over my BB cream and it gives just that extra bit of colour/coverage but also makes for a nicer finished product and keeps the middle of my face from looking shiny. It also helps the BB cream (or foundation) last longer and look fresher longer.

I have a LOT of finishing and setting powders in my collection and I really need to start using up some of them before I purchase a new one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this when the time comes that I need a new finishing powder. Good product, though pricey, but worth a try if you can find a good colour match.

on 4/12/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't looking for loose powder by just grab it from the shelf, out of habit, bad bad habit.
This is a basically a silica powder, nothing special, and of course it feels like silk, silica, silicone, they are of the same family.
MUFE, Mac Prep & Prime, just to name a few, are of the same.
I don't like it for the price, which, on the other hand the loose powder by E.L.F. is pretty much the same thing, for a fraction of the $$$.