Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I brought this on a whim at the airport during a long layover. Initially I thought I would immediately regret this purchase but once I got home and tried it on properly with a loose brush in natural daylight of my bathroom I could see it is very natural and actually everything I wished the infamous Laura Mercer powder, or MUFE loose HD powder would have been for me (both either too pale or flashback). I'm a Medium-deep golden in complexion (Shades NC40-NC42, Bobbi Brown Stick in shade 4.0, Armani Luminous in 5.75 mixed with 6.0, Maybelline Fit me! Dewy in Shade 220 ) with combination / dry skin I got this shade in Medium Deep shade, I think I could have gotten away with using the Medium shade, but since my forehead is slightly darker then my the rest of my face like a lot of women with deeper skin tones, this doesn't look ashy or orange or reddish. which a lot of medium deep colors tend to go toward. Its not cheap, but not the most expensive so I don't think the price is that bad. This is a setting powder with little coverage, but just finishes and pulls your complexion together, it photographs very nicely- even in natural daylight. i haven't experienced any caking but if you are looking for something more heavy coverage or pigmented then this is not for you. Would repurchase.

Best loose powder I've tried in a long time. It's very, very finely milled and goes on like a dream. It blurs imperfections and holds up well on my oily skin - doesn't disappear or get cakey. The price point is a bit high for a loose powder, but I think it's worth it. Great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I have been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay finishing powder for years and recently noticed that it would cling to dry patches and sometimes leave a white a cast to my face if I didn't the blend the hell out of it. So I went in search of a new finishing powder. I almost passed by this one from Urban Decay. I had used their old Razor Sharp (discontinued) powder in the past and wasn't a fan, plus the $34USD price tag put me off a bit. But I threw caution to the wind and bought it anyway. It is fantastic! It is the most finely milled powder I have EVER tried. Seriously. It melts into my skin in a way I didn't think powder could. Naked Skin mattifies very well but not too matte. There's just enough luminosity peaking through to keep skin from looking flat. And it is almost impossible to apply too much, this stuff just doesn't cake up. I love that the powder is tinted so I never have to worry about it leaving a white cast to my skin. Even though it is tinted it does not provide coverage, it isn't supposed to though. If you are looking for a loose powder to provide actual coverage, look elsewhere. It does seem to blur the look of my skin and sets concealer and foundation very well. The packaging is gorgeous! A clear jar with a silver lid and sifter, it has a very luxurious look. UD hit this one out of the park and I will definitely buy again.

on 11/28/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this powder! I have dry skin so w any setting powder I have to use it with right foundation but using a powder puff and rolling into your skin works 100 times better so if ure using a brush and it isn't working...try that...there's tons of how to videos on YouTube but I suggest gossmakeupartist. Old if it's just me but feels like the most finely milled powder I've ever felt...I actually took back one of the hourglass ambient powders and got this...me and my friend were amazed with how it felt...like Butter...and its not going to make u look chalky like white ones do...I still set my conceAler with mac prep prime lavender powder ...big difference in the two. It's matte but over a radiant foundation u can still see the glow! I don't feel it gives to much extra coverage buts it set better then a translucent one. I feel like if u go one to dark or light u should still be okay. The packaging is so cute with the UD letters that the powder comes out in...it's sturdy w out feeling like u could break it. Distributes just enough like some (elf) it is higher priced but I feel it's worth it.

on 9/11/2014 4:41:00 AM

I tried this product and was not pleased with it. Basically, it seems to make my skin looked dull and not much coverage at all.

I applied Benefit 'Flawless' foundation first and then the loose finishing powder.
Hence, all in all, I would not get it again after the current one runs out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Razor Sharp Powder by Urban Decay (now discontinued and replaced with the Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Powder) so I didn't expect much from this product. Im glad to say I was actually a bit hasty!

This product when dusted loosely over foundation, blurs out small imperfections and seems to smooth out pores. The micro fine, silky particles of powder spread easily and effortlessly and distribute evenly.

I have applied this over BB/CC Cream and over regular moisturiser and it delivers a decent light coverage, so if you have a naturally clear complexion, you'll love this product because it enhances a natural complexion rather than offering coverage. (For colour correction or coverage, try Urban Decays other powder, the Naked Skin Pressed Powder).

I have also lightly applied this over foundation and it makes the foundation look smoother. But only use a little as too much can look a little too 'powdery'.

Be careful if you're using this for flash photography! I wouldn't use this as it contains Titanium Dioxide which gives horrendous flashback in pictures, resulting in the 'Casper face' effect! If you want a powder to use under flash photography and you want it from Urban Decay, I would invest in the Naked Skin Pressed Powder as it looks phenomenal under the intensity of the flash. But for every day use, I'd go for the Naked Skin Loose Powder.

TIP: Try This!!!

Apply a light dusting of the Naked Skin Loose Powder over bare skin BEFORE applying foundation! It sounds crazy, but its a trick some backstage makeup artists use to create a beautiful HD effect to the foundation. It also helps the foundation adhere to the skin and controls any surface oil from beneath the foundation. The trick is to dust a light amount over the skin first.

on 3/12/2014 12:54:00 PM

Luckily I received this as a gift because it is pretty pricey for a powder but I'm so glad I did. This powder is very fine and creates a soft diffused look. It erases imperfections when paired with foundation. I wish the packaging was more like the MUFE high definition because it does get messy. To alleviate the mess I covered three of the holes with scotch tape so only one opening pours the powder, this had help tremendously. If you're looking for a powder to erase shine and disappear pores this is for you. Urban decay's naked line is nothing short of amazing. This powder holds it's weight between the higher Lux brands such a Chanel. If you aren't prepared to spend the money save those ulta coupons and definitely buy at a lower price. I will purchase when I run out.

on 2/10/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was skeptical at first to buy this as I thought that it was too pricey for a loose powder. There is also not much product inside of it for the price. I wasn't able to get a sample of this but I bought it anyway because it didn't have parabens, sulfates and phtaletes which is a bonus for me. I do have to say that I am very impressed with this. I have combo/oily skin and it definitely made my skin less shiny. I literally had the powder on my face for a good 6 hrs before I had to blot. I got this in medium dark since I'm an NC44/NC45. The powder is very fine and you only need a little bit of it. You just have to be careful of not applying to much as it can look a bit powdery. My face looked flawless in person and I can tell that this is definitely a good quality powder. My only annoyance with this is that eventhough it has a sifter, it doesn't have that twist part when you close up the sifter so that when you take it on the go, it doesn't make a mess every where.
I would definitely buy this again when I run out.