benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.2

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am pretty happy with my boi-ing concealer (shade 03) - covers redness well, relatively easy to apply. For the price I would like to see more hygienic packaging though - it makes no sense to have people touch up their blemishes then go back into the concealer with the same finger!
Due to price and packaging, I will probably shop around for other concealers before repurchasing this one.
EDIT: I've been using this several months now. It's become an HG concealer - it works like magic. Upped the number of lippies!

on 2/3/2017 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This review is for the industrial strength concealer by benefit. I recently purchased this and have used it a few times. I love it for my blemish,zits and acne marks. I do not use it for under eyes , I prefer a liquid concealer for that area. But for other areas on the face, I have been using this concealer. I'm Asian Indian with tan or medium dark skin. My shade is 04 in this concealer. (Mac nc42-44 skin tone). I tried so many other jar concealers of other brands but none of them suited my skin tone. They were either too light for me or too orangey. I didn't quite like how the Mac studio concealer looked on me and I have tried a few other drugstore brands without any luck. This benefit one is slightly yellow /warm based so it works great on my skin which is warm tone. I personally really love this concealer and will re purchase it for sure

on 5/29/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a kit of benefit products and wasn't sure how I felt about it because of the texture but I've got to give it a decent rating because the coverage is amazing. If you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend it but I've applied it with a brush under my eyes and then work it in with a beauty blender and once set I have no problems. It really makes my eyes look awake. I have normal skin, and most products sit in my fine lines but I'll definitely be purchasing this as one of my go tos also it's an orange under tone so if that doesn't work on your skin you wouldn't like this.

on 6/21/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this & finally find my go-to concealer but sadly this isn't it :/
It does provide good coverage but it settles into my fine lines and makes my under eyes look worse after a few hours. I've tried setting it with powder but it does t help with the creasing. I do have oily skin & horrible dark circles though.
Adding on months later: it was a good concealer for spot concealing but I don't need much coverage with that which is why I wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/20/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Before I rate this concealer I want to tell you about my skin. I have combination oily skin, with large pores on the sides of my nose and chin. I have under eye darkness but I wouldn't saw its horrible, I would rate it a 5/10, but I do have a tan complexion, (yes I am indian)

So when I went to Sephora i told the lady that was helping me and my mom, that I am looking a good concealer preferable liquid ( they work better for me). The lady was a BeneFit representative so naturally she took me to the benefit section and tried this one on. Now this is my biggest recommendation for you, have them apply the product to one side and you do the other, they are professionals and they know how to use the product so it looks prefect but you are the one that is going to be using it. She applied it to me in the shade "04" and at that time i did feel that it was really heavy but I had make up on ( concealer and powder) so i really couldn't tell. She said it looks great and that it will be good for my combo oily skin. So I believed her and bought it.

When I went home and tried it the next day it was like someone gave me another product, it was really orange, not even tan but orange, and it was really dry. I was thinking that since i was used to liquid concealers that it would feel different but this stuff took forever to put on. After I finally applied it, I powdered my face like a normally do and finished doing the rest of my make up. About 3-4 hours after I looked in the mirror to see what it looks like and I kid you not it was all caky and it went into my fine lines. Now I am only 21 and I don't have that many lines under my eyes but this made it look like I was like 30!

Over all I would recommend this to people with normal to dry skin, Why you ask. Mostly because it will not look caky on them and I think it would suit their skin nicely. I think this is also a good concealer for people who want to cover up acne, it thick and will be able to hid it very well.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a fantastic concealer totally my holy grail.

It is a cream concealer and it is light-weight but extremely good coverage and you don't need very much. I mean it is like slabbing drywall on a huge mark on your wall, that's how great this coverage is.

I do not find boi-ing to be to dry for under my eyes. I use this crap all over my face I blend it in with the warmth of my finger, and I'm good to go all day and I don't even check it to see if it's still there throughout the day because I KNOW that it is. Most of the time I don't even set this concealer with a powder.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is not a full converage concealer. Pro longwear is full coverage. It's typical, medium coverage. It did not last as long as I wanted it to, and after a couple of hours, scars and dark circles looked almost un-concealed.

However, what I did love about this product is that it did not irritate my skin whatsoever, and actually felt like it was diminishing whatever it was I was covering, even after I took the concealer off. So that's the good part.

But unfortunately, it is mediocre. It is definitely not worth $20; it does the job okayyyyy.
I ended up returning it.

Oh, and I wasn't a fan of the packaging. The cap has to be screwed on after every time you use, and you have to stick either your fingers or a brush into it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I was pleasantly surprised with Boi-ing. I almost didn't buy it because it's in a pan and insists that you use your finger to apply it and to me, that screams unhygienic, but I've been washing my hands before applying and that's sort of satisfied my desire for cosmetic cleanliness.

The thing is that you have to exercise some discretion when applying this concealer. It's fairly opaque and quite thick, so what I like to do is let it sit on my finger for a few moments before applying and then spreading it out quite a bit. I top it with Palladio's Rice Powder and that's been a pretty good combination for me this summer, considering how hot it's been. My makeup stays put on my face all day without getting greasy, and I have considerably oily skin.

I've tried using a concealer brush as well as a sponge to apply this and it's just not working out, so unfortunately there is no way to get around using your finger to apply it. I mean, you could, but it just doesn't work as well. If it were a little more whipped and I could use my concealer brush then I'd up it to five lippies.

on 10/28/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

It is a little thick for my liking but does give good coverage. It does not help pimples or scars or even blemishs which is the main reason why its not my favourite concealer also another negative i found is it doesnt work very well without foundation i mean like when i use just my smashbox concealer and abit of maybelline powder my face is nearly flawless but this concealer needs both foundation and powder to have that nice finished look .. so if your in a hurry and want just a bit of concealer on with good coverage this is not your go to concealer..

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I thought I loved this product but after buying it and needing to buy more I realized they changed the color tint and I wasn't able to fine my right color again. I'm very disappointed that they changed the color tint and made it too light for me in all 4 colors, just so they could save money. They could've at least gave us a warning!! But over all it worked good for the time I had it.