benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.6

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

on 5/26/2018 10:34:00 PM

Looks so cute, like most Benefit products. This is densely pigmented and offers good coverage, and matched my skin well enough. However it is quite heavy and oily and on my skin - even with a primer- it settles into natural crease lines under my eyes and nasiolabial folds after smiling. No matter how many times I'll touch up during the day, it has settled into lines next time I'll see myself in a mirror. I also found it broke me out, too.
In its defence, it lasts a decent amount of time because it is very opaque so it isn't quite as costly as it first appears. But sadly this just did not agree with me and my oily skin.

on 10/23/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely do not like this product. Settles into fine lines I didn't even know I had! Very heavy and greasy so I get oiler than usual throughout the day. Would only recommend if you have very dry skin and would use this only to cover blemishes

on 8/8/2017 7:09:00 AM

I LOVE this concealer!! I use the lightest shade and it's perfect for my fair skin. I use it to cover blemishes and redness, it blends really well and stays on all day when set with powder. I don't recommend it for under the eye because it's not the right consistency for that, it's quite tacky.
The packaging isn't the most hygienic but there's not really any getting around that. I use a small brush to apply it on the areas of concern so if you wash your brush often, hygiene won't be too much of an issue.
This lasts me over a year so whilst it's a little expensive for a concealer, it lasts so long that it's not an issue.

on 6/29/2016 5:46:00 PM

Using this to cover up acne spots and it works really well. Matches my skin tone well. Have tried several things for acne. Really like this one.

The worst concealer I have ever used. No coverage. Strange color. Hard to blend. Wear this if you want to look MORE tired.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Do not waste your money on this! I'm a makeup artist and I would never use this product on my clients or myself. The concealer itself is extremely thick and seems like it would be good at first sight and touch but it is extremely dry and does not stay put all day, and I also had problems with it creasing. No matter the hype, do not buy!

on 12/23/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I originally bought this in Light, for my NC15 skin, and I find it too orangey. Good luck if your skin isn't one of exactly four shades.

I wanted it for my under eye circles, which really need an 'industrial strength concealer' like this one- it has amazing coverage! The only problem is that it's awfully thick, making it quite hard to blend, and it creases easily. I officially declare it useless for under eye circles.

I moved on to using it for particularly bad blemishes- it does the job of covering very well, but there is a problem... It's in a tub/tin like packaging. I really don't want to be dipping in all the bacteria from my spots/the brush that touches them into this, ew! This means that I have to wash my hands, pitifully attempt to scrape some out and put it on the back of my hand, then use it.

I have, however discovered an AMAZING use for it! I purchased it in shade 3, and now use it to contour! I can't recommend this technique enough- I put it on before my foundation with a flat foundation brush, then stipple/blend my foundation over it; you get the most amazing result! It's precise, can be as subtle/bold as you want, and adds great dimension to the face without being too obvious! It's easily the best makeup discovery I've made in recent times.

I'm rambling now.

Summary:
Bad for under eye circles
Good for blemishes, despite awkward packaging
Amazing for contouring!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i love this stuff. its really does it job and not look cakey at all for my dry kinda skin 💖

I have really light skin, and every single shade of the boing concealer is way too orange for me. It so feels greasy to the touch. I bought it to use as an under eye concealer but it's thick so it would show any lines around the area you apply it.

on 6/29/2015 3:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have bought two of these in the past. The one I currently have has hit pan. The first time I tried this concealer, was more than ten years ago. Back when it first came out, it came in a luxurious compact with a mirror. Now, the packaging is horrible, just having to untwist the container takes time, and gets so dirty in the process. Nevertheless, it is a great product. It Has great slip, very blendable, has good pigmentation and great coverage. I did not find it to crease or cake, but it is on the drier side. The only negative thing I could say are the limited color choices available, however I find the light to work very well with most fair skin tones.
This can either be used on the face or under the eye area. I consider it to be a pioneer in the concealer market, back in the day when the only other compact industrial strength concealer was Mac Studio Finish.