benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.0

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is far too greasy and creamy for under the eyes - way too thick and creases like mad! And for spot coverage, I have ones I like far better, for the hefty price tag. Not impressed!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I am a big fan of this concealer, it has the rare ability of actually disguising a blemish rather than drawing attention to it. It has a really thick consistency and is strongly pigmented so a little goes a long way.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

i give this product a fair 50 ... it is a bit thick like lots of others had said,it gives a nice dark circle coverage it isnt so bad. but it does NOT help pimples or scars or even blemishs which is the main reason why its not my favourite concealer also another negative i found is it doesnt work very well without foundation i mean like when i use just my smashbox concealer and abit of maybelline powder my face is nearly flawless but this concealer needs both foundation and powder to have that nice finished look .. so if your in a hurry and want just a bit of concealer on with good coverage this is not your go to concealer.. but other then that its not soo bad ..

on 7/21/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Works like a charm!

I got this in a color 4 and 5, the 5 is a very good match for my skin tone. I use the 4 to highlight and as an eye shadow base.

The consistency is very smooth, it's thick so you can start with a very little amount and build it up as needed. This is one of the few concealers that totally covers my under eye circles and dark spots on the first application.

It lasts for about 3 hours without creasing if I don't use a powder on top. With a powder, it lasts all day long.

The only drawback for me is that I wish the lid was hinged instead of having to screw it completely off.

Great little product at a surprisingly fair price.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

Yes I would buy this product again ONLY IF Laura Mercier discontinue their Secret Camouflage. This concealer is my second fave. Ive tried it in the lightest shade and the second lightest shade. It covers really well, but i find its rather oily so can slip during the day or wind up looking cakey. Youve really got to get the hang of it before you fall in love with it i think!

on 3/28/2009 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Other reviewers' comments describe Boi-ing as being too creamy which makes me wonder if I've got a bad batch or whether the formulation has changed because it's quite dry in look and feel now. I have skin on the dry side and I need to swirl the concealer around in the pan a bit to warm it up before applying. Fortunately, it doesn't make my skin look dry or crepey. As I don't like the feeling of makeup or anything on my skin, I think this could be largely why Boing is easier for me to wear as its relatively dry formulation is not fussy or sticky to use, and I can be quite slapdash in my application of it. It covers my redness, dark circles and blemishes reasonably well (not completely for my problematic undereye circles), is easily blended, and stays on most of the day without slipping or creasing once powdered over.

Unfortunately, it's very unforgiving on dry, flaky skin and also has a tendency to collect in the lines under my eyes. The colour selection is really poor as well. I have the medium 02 which is far too peach for my skintone. It blends out, but it's still obviously not a good match. I'm also disappointed that the packaging has gone backwards from a flip-top with a mirror to a screw-top with no mirror. I guess this means I won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I treated myself to this (it is expensive at £15/$30) and I wasn't disspointed. It is industrial strength as it says on the box, you can layer it on for full coverage and still it's not cakey.
I just use it sparingly because I want to make it last, but still I get great coverage.
I bought the 'light' one which has a very yellow tone, great for yellow based skins- as nearly everyone is, and great for counteracting redness.
The only downside was the size- I ordered it online and when I got it out I was like 'Is that it?!' I would expect something a tiny bit bigger for that money really.
But it's a great product, I love the little case it comes in too with the little mirror, really handy to stick in your bag on a night out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is probably one of the worst concealers I have tried. It is very hard to blend, and there is a very poor color selection. The one I tried (the darkest one)looked extremely chalky. I was very disappointed.