benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.4

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

on 5/26/2018 10:34:00 PM

Looks so cute, like most Benefit products. This is densely pigmented and offers good coverage, and matched my skin well enough. However it is quite heavy and oily and on my skin - even with a primer- it settles into natural crease lines under my eyes and nasiolabial folds after smiling. No matter how many times I'll touch up during the day, it has settled into lines next time I'll see myself in a mirror. I also found it broke me out, too.
In its defence, it lasts a decent amount of time because it is very opaque so it isn't quite as costly as it first appears. But sadly this just did not agree with me and my oily skin.

on 3/5/2018 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Benefit is so polarizing, people either love them or hate them. Part of that is because of their niche products that either you must have or don't need at all. So I'm sure I won't add much that hasn't been said, buut...

This stuff... I got a sample, never quite wanting to make the purchase because I heard both good and bad things and it is a HE expensive item. There's pros and cons in my opinion, but it's not 'bad' to me. It is waxy and slippery and not good for blemishes so if you're into heavy coverage or have oily skin, you'll probably want to pass on this. However, those with drier skin or those who don't want to look too heavily made up might like this. I can see why people would like a light creamy concealer instead of a thick one and for that, this delivers. It does feel light but covers circles without too much creasing.

For me personally, I do - or did - prefer heavier concealer because I was battling acne, have dark circles and was younger. Now that I'm older I actually shy away from fuller coverage because it doesn't look well on aging skin. Even fine lines show more with heavier makeup, especially under the eye. I've taken to just using less, but I still want one that *can* cover if I have blemishes and issues. Now this isn't crease free, and I doubt anything is. I didn't find it to slide off which you might expect given the formula. But it performs ok. I would give this a 3.5. To me, Benefit is often 'middle ground'. Their products are often light and subtle and go for a 'natural look' so that has to be taken into consideration. But they're also not strikingly memorable to me. This line also has a pitiful shade range, but even being not a perfect match it does blend in surprisingly well. They still could do with expanding, but I notice this doesn't have to be exact to blend away dark circles. Still though, the lack of any deeper shades is kinda effed. I use this in my gym/travel bag and I'm sure I'll use it up, but I wouldn't buy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am pretty happy with my boi-ing concealer (shade 03) - covers redness well, relatively easy to apply. For the price I would like to see more hygienic packaging though - it makes no sense to have people touch up their blemishes then go back into the concealer with the same finger!
Due to price and packaging, I will probably shop around for other concealers before repurchasing this one.
EDIT: I've been using this several months now. It's become an HG concealer - it works like magic. Upped the number of lippies!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I feel a bit traitorous giving this product three lipsticks when it's almost always in my make up bag - but let me explain! As a spot concealer - that annoying little vein on my right cheek, my unwanted beauty mark, unwelcome red spots, or acne flare ups - this is great! There is some effort involved in making this concealer not look cakey, as it is thick. I usually warm it up with my middle and ring finger and dab it on the spots I want to cover. If I use a beauty blender, it cakes up and smears - why it does that mystifies me.

If you aren't careful, the concealer can get a bit cakey and settle into fine lines. I use it for my under eye circles as well, but it doesn't seem to do much more than brighten up my eyes. It doesn't seem to conceal my bags very well, but then again I haven't found a holy grail concealer yet that can hide my monstrous, frightening eye circles.

The packaging is compact, cute, & good for travel. I received this product in a deluxe sample size from Sephora as a Weekly Special perk with an online order. If I remember right, it's one ounce. I haven't hit pan yet, and I've been using it semi regularly for over a year now. (I know, I know... guilt, shame, bad!)

Overall verdict is three lipsticks because the product can be cakey if not applied with care. It doesn't conceal my undereye circles very well, but it does brighten them! For the price point, I don't think I would repurchase because I primarily use it as a spot concealer, as opposed to an undereye concealer. The lasting power of this product is only a few hours at best, but then again it could be because I'm using a product past it's expiration date.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great concealer. I have the worst dark circles, and this product makes them go away. It is very important to warm up the product with the finger before applying. I usually apply with my ring finger, as it looks more natural. The packaging looks somewhat cheap, but it doesnt really Bother me. Great for travel, since its so small. It is prone to creasing, but nothing a little powder cant FIX

on 2/6/2016 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Made me break out like crazy, barely covered acne, creased under my eyes but it did however cover redness on my cheeks. And the price, dayuum not worth it.

on 12/23/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I originally bought this in Light, for my NC15 skin, and I find it too orangey. Good luck if your skin isn't one of exactly four shades.

I wanted it for my under eye circles, which really need an 'industrial strength concealer' like this one- it has amazing coverage! The only problem is that it's awfully thick, making it quite hard to blend, and it creases easily. I officially declare it useless for under eye circles.

I moved on to using it for particularly bad blemishes- it does the job of covering very well, but there is a problem... It's in a tub/tin like packaging. I really don't want to be dipping in all the bacteria from my spots/the brush that touches them into this, ew! This means that I have to wash my hands, pitifully attempt to scrape some out and put it on the back of my hand, then use it.

I have, however discovered an AMAZING use for it! I purchased it in shade 3, and now use it to contour! I can't recommend this technique enough- I put it on before my foundation with a flat foundation brush, then stipple/blend my foundation over it; you get the most amazing result! It's precise, can be as subtle/bold as you want, and adds great dimension to the face without being too obvious! It's easily the best makeup discovery I've made in recent times.

I'm rambling now.

Summary:
Bad for under eye circles
Good for blemishes, despite awkward packaging
Amazing for contouring!

on 8/9/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This concealer is cakey and doesn't set. Even when using a tiny bit, it is super drying under the eyes and settles into wrinkles. I would not repurchase this, especially for how expensive it is.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really on the fence with this concealer. Whilst I think it does spot conceal excellently, that cover doesn't last all day. It isn't great for under the eyes, so if that's what you're looking for then don't get this.

I have the oiliest of skins and I think this does slide off after a little while, so despite it's 'industrial strength' coverage it just doesn't last.

on 6/21/2015 10:45:00 AM

I don't think this product works for me at all, it doesn't cover my blemishes well or my under eye circles. It leaves an odd sheen that I feel highlights my blemishes. Love the packaging though.