benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.4

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

on 3/5/2018 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Benefit is so polarizing, people either love them or hate them. Part of that is because of their niche products that either you must have or don't need at all. So I'm sure I won't add much that hasn't been said, buut...

This stuff... I got a sample, never quite wanting to make the purchase because I heard both good and bad things and it is a HE expensive item. There's pros and cons in my opinion, but it's not 'bad' to me. It is waxy and slippery and not good for blemishes so if you're into heavy coverage or have oily skin, you'll probably want to pass on this. However, those with drier skin or those who don't want to look too heavily made up might like this. I can see why people would like a light creamy concealer instead of a thick one and for that, this delivers. It does feel light but covers circles without too much creasing.

For me personally, I do - or did - prefer heavier concealer because I was battling acne, have dark circles and was younger. Now that I'm older I actually shy away from fuller coverage because it doesn't look well on aging skin. Even fine lines show more with heavier makeup, especially under the eye. I've taken to just using less, but I still want one that *can* cover if I have blemishes and issues. Now this isn't crease free, and I doubt anything is. I didn't find it to slide off which you might expect given the formula. But it performs ok. I would give this a 3.5. To me, Benefit is often 'middle ground'. Their products are often light and subtle and go for a 'natural look' so that has to be taken into consideration. But they're also not strikingly memorable to me. This line also has a pitiful shade range, but even being not a perfect match it does blend in surprisingly well. They still could do with expanding, but I notice this doesn't have to be exact to blend away dark circles. Still though, the lack of any deeper shades is kinda effed. I use this in my gym/travel bag and I'm sure I'll use it up, but I wouldn't buy it.

on 2/21/2016 8:24:00 AM

I love this concealer. I've re-purchased it thrice. I have acne and it does not cause me to break out. I only use this to cover trouble spots, not as an under-eye concealer. It offers medium-full coverage and I find it sits on my skin really well - not too cakey or too heavy. The colour is a little orangey, but other than that, everything is good.

I use the shade 02.

on 2/6/2016 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Made me break out like crazy, barely covered acne, creased under my eyes but it did however cover redness on my cheeks. And the price, dayuum not worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i love this stuff. its really does it job and not look cakey at all for my dry kinda skin 💖

on 8/22/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I kept it around for months hoping that the next application would be better...
Didn't happen!
The lady at the beauty counter recommended it saying that it's high coverage and can really cover up a bad zit, so I bought it.
I used it on zits, my red patches, under eye area, and every time it turned out so chalky looking. It's really drying. It creases under the eye. It slides off pretty badly later in the day so it ends up looking like a slimy mess. Not sure why this product was such a hype! Waste of money and never buying again.

on 6/29/2015 3:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have bought two of these in the past. The one I currently have has hit pan. The first time I tried this concealer, was more than ten years ago. Back when it first came out, it came in a luxurious compact with a mirror. Now, the packaging is horrible, just having to untwist the container takes time, and gets so dirty in the process. Nevertheless, it is a great product. It Has great slip, very blendable, has good pigmentation and great coverage. I did not find it to crease or cake, but it is on the drier side. The only negative thing I could say are the limited color choices available, however I find the light to work very well with most fair skin tones.
This can either be used on the face or under the eye area. I consider it to be a pioneer in the concealer market, back in the day when the only other compact industrial strength concealer was Mac Studio Finish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

too pink for my warm olive undertone. But it's great to use when sculpting my brows

on 12/26/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Disclaimer: the only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because I rarely buy the same concealer twice!

This concealer is pretty good. I bought it after my mac studio fix got old and it's not comparable but it is a good replacement. It's not as thick as I would want it to be, but it looks amazing if you apply it with a fluffy contour brush (just try it) like Michelle Phan does. Great for under eye circles and anywhere else on the face, though I can't comment on how well it covers redness!

Definitely a must-try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

uuugh i really liked this at first because the coverage is amaazing (i've been using it to cover my post-acne red marks) and it looks pretty natural and once it is on it stays there! BUT it seems like every time i wear it i feel a new pimple forming like halfway through the day! so i read about it and it has mineral oil in it? which might be the culprit, but either way this stuff is great but it might break you out if you are acne-prone :( i pretty much stopped using it and haven't really broken out since then so i think this is where the problem was. BUMMER but worth a shot for sure if your skin is more resilient than mine or tolerates mineral oil well or whatever!

on 1/25/2014 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great undereye coverage, shame about the creasing! This is the best match I've found to cover my undereye circles without looking cakey, but it settles into the fine lines around your eyes like no other and I find myself patting it out of the creases 4-5 times in a normal work day. Tried it with eyeshadow primer underneath it, have to say that didn't really help. It's a shame as the tone and coverage are great.